1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Stolen Imperium Armor Sets Vendor time left

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pain_, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Anna Chrona
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Anna Chrona New Member
    Worried

Society:
    The Smurfs
    Thx for info, I didnt know it is going on for so long already. Would be good to have more information in-game, as not everyone likes to read forums all day long. (that applies to other planets also)

Still, I hope it will be up for some more days.

Cheers
    Chrona.

2. Anna Chrona
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Anna Chrona New Member
    Worried

Society:
    The Smurfs
    good question. Wiles for example

3. Paul Jetman Masters
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Paul Jetman Masters Well-Known Member
    Spaced

He doesn't, there is missions for all lvls, however there is players who will heal for you(probably won't help on wiles ), and if you go as groups you can get the golem badges (they hit melee aoe, so more players less damage)

Best way tho for high mobs is numbers, get a team together and hunt them, each kill will count towards one persons counter, take turns getting the point

4. Master Chief
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Master Chief Smuggler - Hibernation
    Angelic

CSR
    Society:
    Irken Invaders

Ask for help, I made this post right when servers where taken down and letting everyone know armor is being removed. Only 2 people asked and they have the armor.

Help is always around just have to look for it.

http://cyreneforum.com/threads/a-r-c-faction-missions.6860/

5. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    How long does 'noob' help last?
    That depends on a few things.

After you have been around a little while, you are no longer a noob, but if you have made friends / partners / been decent in game, I am pretty sure the 'now no longer a noob' help will continue. You might even find yourself helping others. People are always willing to help decent folk on cyrene that I have seen.

If you are a dick, asshole, attention starved, or expect that the world should be revolving around YOU and YOUR issues, well, that help is probably going to dry up very fast.

The bottom line is, people are generally happy to help out, but are not going to spend ALL of their time making sure you are taken care of, they need to have fun as well. One of the groups I am with, we try to plan 'events' on weekends or whenever we can get together. We go hunt something or help someone get items they need, kills whatever. Ask around see if you can get a group together.

sluggo

Master Chief likes this.
  6. Master Chief
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Master Chief Smuggler - Hibernation
    Angelic

CSR
    Society:
    Irken Invaders
    Sorry if Sluggo seems to be a dick, its because he is. You know what happens when Grandpa doesn't get his sleep. Still like the guy :)

Lebélula likes this.
  7. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    Hey!!
    You be nice to your resident Curmudgeon now, ya hear boy! :D If not I'll wash your coffee cup out!

sluggo

Master Chief likes this.
  8. Manique
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Manique Member
    Curious

Society:
    In Da Pocket
    Not because i got it but...
    If people were around to miss it at first, they were most likelly also around to know that it'd be back for a limited time only, so ofc if its said limited time (ofc they wouldnt give any silly time otherwise it'd be a bigger shitstorm) you'd better start working straight away,
    The update was on the usual Tuesday but the vendor was only enabled thursday I believe, still, people knew before hand it'd be available to do and most people that saw it completed it.

There will be always someone that wont have the time to do it in any given time, for as much as you stretch a week or another.. and another

9. Pain_
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Pain_ New Member

It's quite the opposite, the quests have there been for a while. Giving a set date would give people a chance to cauge how much time and effort is needed to complete it.

Without a set date but just "limited", people see a chance or hope to get it completed fast.

Because you know... Mind Ark's "limited time" is basicly a half year to a year.

10. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    By your own post then, you have a half a year to a year to finish it then. You answered your own question.

sluggo

11. Manique
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Manique Member
    Curious

Society:
    In Da Pocket
    I do agree on a set date,
    But agian what was "good" that lasted long ? ;)
    Gotta always think that way, tho if you need some help after evaluating math im sure there's people willing to help including me.
    Just got to see how many you're at.

It'd be far more painfull if you were working your way to 150 and then suddenly a warning few days off saying "removing it it and u cant get" like it happened, no warning before.

12. Paul Jetman Masters
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Spaced

plus, this is no guarantee, but just cos they say Tuesday doesn't mean it will happen Tuesday, so if are short at a couple and you've finished the 1x missions, don't give up.

13. Xantok
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Xantok New Member
    Cynical

Society:
    Brutal Redux
    my issue with the way the mission was set up was the lack of end date... like previously stated "limited time" is usually atleast a month in MA standards. so what did i do when i heard about it, told all my noobie friends that if they came here and ground out dailies they can eventually get an armor that was slightly better then mine (viceroy) and it would be a good investment in their future of entropia. i told them this a week and a half ago and i doubt any of them can actually get the tokens in time (highest guy is like lvl 12 laser sniper) for someone that low to gain the armor would be IMPOSSIBLE. So i honestly see this as another instance of the high level people get something cool and the noobs get shafted, and honestly taht is the biggest problem with entropia high level players can do the events and fancy things and the new people are forced to bend over and take it in the ass.

14. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

Xantok: I disagree, because the missions have actually been active for long enough for noobs too. Once again it has been a lack of information being available to find out about this, so most people only got to know about it late in the day.
    There was a lot of anger at the original decision to stop the armour reward with very little notice. A new opportunity was then made available by Cyrene devs for what was clearly stated to be a limited time, and the number of badges needed was dropped from 200 to 140. The 'limited' period was described as being 'at least a week after the vu', and it has been longer than that. It was also stated that this was to give some extra time for those who had already started the mission before the reward was taken away.
    I thus cannot criticise the end result as such - but yes, I can criticise overall the means and level of communication.

Players do need to follow the forum posts to stay informed, whereas I think more information should be clearly put in the Cyrene-official-only part of the forum (of which you only see the first post when opening the homepage, so even what is there is not very visual either!)

As I'm not really a fan of the badges, rewards that stay secret or may not be worth it, bound items etc, etc, I gathered badges at a fairly slow rate and have still been able to get up to 140 plus badges so far in 2015. It is true that higher-skilled players can do stuff more quickly if an opportunity arises, though. I agree, Xantok, that balance and consideration of noob timescales generally needs more consideration, but not here given the action taken by Kris as a response to the big criticisms.

15. Xantok
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Xantok New Member
    Cynical

Society:
    Brutal Redux
    discalimer: i am not trying for the armor for myself, however i have deciples that are currently in the middle of this

i told my disciples to come here to do the mission if they wanted a challange (after fully informing them about buying armor at end with shrapnel)

heres the math as i can figure (assuming 90-110 HP with no real armor with a chon+a101 / Sinkadus)

one time missions: 24 tokens
    dailys: 3 (maybe 4 with direweeds)

so well be safe and say 25 one time tokens and 4 dailies we need a total of 140 tokens

140 - 25 (one time) 115 remaining

so now i need 115 tokens from dailys that i can only get 4 per day

115/4 = 28.75

so basically i have to repeat the mission for 29 days for me to get the armor as a non graduated disciple. i would say its borderline impossible for someone of that level unless they started day 1 of the "limited time" event.

now i grant you there are punys of other ones you can do as well and with them it comes to 34 tokens and 4 dailies comes to 26 days. but once again still pushing it

16. San
    • Cyrene Pioneer

San Sandal San Tolk

Home Page:
    Society:
    OldTimers
    ARC Initiate's or Stolen Imperium is not a beginner armour, hence I don't think it fair to demand the mission to get it be catered to absolutely everyone. Not impossible, but a little bit hard if you're still a disciple. But what do you do then with such a piece of equipment? With extra acid plates it is even good for Proteron!* Those are still a long way off at that stage. When you graduate on Caly and get your Pixie Adjusted, add a set of 5A's and you're good for almost anything up to small Atrox. Different gear is only needed for specific purposes. I mean everyone likes to collect stuff, especially when the opportunity is limited. Yours truly is really a little armour fetishist. But it's not needed to keep yourself busy, especially if you need to economize.

Anyways, if I understood it correctly, there will be something of at least the same quality in the future. The release of this set happened prematurely and in the wrong category by mistake. Correcting the error is not taking away the chance forever. By then, maybe your disciples will be just ready to make good use of it.

* (I don't understand at all how it fits in the current Cyrene fauna. So I surmise there is something in store in that field, too? Thinking perhaps different Golems...)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  17. Paul Jetman Masters
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Spaced

but it was only extended for players who had already started, not for players who came after the removal, these players shouldn't have assumed it would be a still be open weeks/months later

18. Xantok
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Xantok New Member
    Cynical

Society:
    Brutal Redux
    i get everyones point, im just trying to state that something like this should be made available so that the lowest common denominator in the game has the capability of getting said item if they put enough effort into it. i can grab my gun and go murder 90% of the things on the list and get eh tokens in less then a week, however not everyone is able to do that and the developers need to realize (especially on fledgling planets) they need to make things for everyone not just higher people

19. Thanatos
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Thanatos Fate Thanatos Themis
    Bored

Home Page:
    Society:
    Task Force
    how long time ago the ARC Faction got implemented, any1 knows? I wonder how many days ago, if u did just 3 badges a day, how many of them would u have now?

20. Haruto Rat
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Haruto Rat eep!
    Cynical

Here's my data:
    I'm pretty much n00b, my highest combat lvl is lvl 30 laser pistoleer :D (139 HP, lvl 19 evader)
    My better half, Heiko Rat, is slightly lower (28, 132, 17)

We're slow planet-hoppers - we'd normally spend at least at least two weeks on a planet until all our cyclage (about 2.5k PED as of the last cycle) is turned into storage stuff that can't be sold locally, then warp out to Caly.

After the big screwup on you-know-which-planet. in mid-January we retreated to Caly and started looking around. I talked to some people on Cyrene (specifically, kjellings and Sluggo :)) and decided we could give it a try. On January 31, we arrived on Cyrene, did lower one-time missions and grinded dailies up to 83 badges (at that time, only three dailies were doable). In late February, we went to Caly for selling stuff and other business and stayed there until mid-March. Some days after the VU, we returned to Cyrene, did some more one-time missions (up to empis wasp) and some more dailies, and last week we got our armors. I still feel the armor is a bit too big for most of our usual needs (not that I'm going to hunt atrox with 40 dps, but well, it has a potential of enticing us into incurring too much decay :)). Now, the armor is really useful for a miner, but does a hunter below our level really need it?

Also, given the missions were there since December... does it look like we grinded for it? :)