1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

MA bans for players logging out in space!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AlricBezel, Sep 8, 2013.

1. AlricBezel
    • Cyrene Pioneer

AlricBezel Active Member
    No Mood

As far as it goes, I never take anything into space, so this issue isn't about me losing something. I would like to take materials to the planet I am based on to make things I need or to make things to put in the auction for others to use while on the planet. I have used the motherships and privateers in the past for that kind of thing but to make it worth transporting materials over to the planet I wait until I have enough ped to buy enough material to justify paying for a transport service.
    This issue is about being able to have your account banned for logging out in space. But this isn't just for logging out in space, it's logging out in space if a pirate is present.

Thanatos likes this.
  2. OZtwo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

OZtwo Active Member
    Buzzed

Society:
    Vikings Of Entropia

Waking up here and reading this reminded me of our US gun laws now and the debates going on. Why have laws in place when we can just go out and kill another. No laws. Just simple take an eye for an eye. See no problems here. See if everyone had a gun we wouldn't need any law enforcement because well, it was the fault of the person not having a gun to protect their assets. So What is the issue? The person without the gun is the one at fault here.

And yes, this is RL I'm talking here..but what a lot forget for this niche game is that well, it's a RCE so RL rules apply and it's MA at fault here for breaking them.

3. jaywalker
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jaywalker Member
    Amused

Society:
    -TAO-
    MA adressed this issue perfectly well, long ago.

If you log out when you see a pirate, you make yourself a sitting duck for 20 seconds (and if you accidentally DC, even longer). A pirate who can't take advantage of this is no danger to anyone except himself.

Who actually uses log-out as a means of escaping pirates? No traveller I know does it, becuse it's suicidal.

Pirates who complain to MA about this are just being malicious. It's really sad that MA falls for it.

jay :)

SapphireDragon and OZtwo like this.
  4. Neil Stockton
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Neil Stockton Member

Society:
    Greenleaf Rangers
    If you find yourself getting warned my MA for logging out of the game (!!), the easy way to avoid any ban is to become a pirate and start using a speed hack or other exploits. Then you will be immune from any discipline by MA, free to exploit, make multiple avatars, and all the other things that law abiding citizens are not allowed to do. There is a dual standard applied to pirates and other players.

OZtwo likes this.
  5. MadMike
    • Cyrene Pioneer

MadMike New Member

Society:
    BlackAngels HQ (BAHQ)
    I think one of the main reasons people do not visit other planets is, that if you have good MU values loot like Heart or Brain oil, you can not safely fly back to Caly and put things in auction where a bigger amount of players is able to buy them. when I look in Cyrene auction, this proofes my theory. I looted 370ped Heart oil the other day and had to call for a MS service to get back safe and sell the Heart Oil with a decent MU. Also other items with a MU of 400% +