1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

MA bans for players logging out in space!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AlricBezel, Sep 8, 2013.

1. AlricBezel
    • Cyrene Pioneer

AlricBezel Active Member
    No Mood

This is a support case I sent in when I found out that MA is and has been doing this to players that log out in space when I pirate is present.

2013-08-26 01:14 You wrote:

Hi,
    I have a question. Do you, mindark, ban players for logging out in space if a pirate is present? So the question is, do you ban the players that log out of game to protect their money (loot)?
    Thanks,
    Alric

2013-08-26 01:19 You wrote:

Hi,
    and to add, I mean when the person is in a quad-wing, not on a mothership.
    Thanks.

2013-08-26 19:31 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Alric,

Thank you for contacting us. If performed in a systematically manner then the account could end up banned.

Kind regards,
    Entropia Universe Support

2013-08-26 23:52 You wrote:

Hi,
    What does "performed in a systematically manner" mean? Do you mean that if I see a pirate and then log off using the log out system in the game, where the logout screen with the count down of 20 seconds comes up then my account would be banned?

2013-08-27 00:10 You wrote:

or do you mean in a "systematically manner" by saying that every time I see a pirate in space and I log out my account can be banned?

2013-08-27 12:43 Entropia Universe Support:

Alric,

It means that if you log out every time you see a pirate then in can be considered abuse from your part.

2. TunerS
    • Cyrene Pioneer

TunerS Travelling through time...
    Curious

Society:
    Brainstormers
    So when you reach 10th log out time to escape from a pirate, be sure to die from a pirate next time to refresh your log out streak :D

3. AlricBezel
    • Cyrene Pioneer

AlricBezel Active Member
    No Mood

one guy I know did it once and ma sent a message saying they were banning his account.

4. Xantok
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Xantok New Member
    Cynical

Society:
    Brutal Redux
    i will link my messages with MA on the same topic when i get home... (fair warning, it may contain direct insults at mindark, youve been warned!)

5. OZtwo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

OZtwo Active Member
    Buzzed

Society:
    Vikings Of Entropia

The humor in this if it was true. MA will ban you if you will not allow others to steal from you.

6. Thanatos
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Thanatos Fate Thanatos Themis
    Bored

Home Page:
    Society:
    Task Force
    i wish them best luck if they ban me for loggin off whenever i want.

7. Agis
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Agis Well-Known Member
    Inspired

they cant do it - because what if the case that another ship comes into vicinity and your client crashes (happens to me in space even if it is a mob that spawns), its not breach of the EULA to log out in space either, where is it mentioned ?

8. Cly
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Cly New Member

Jill of All Trades
    Society:
    Darksteel Enterprises
    I believe the rationale is as contained in the Support quotes...

It has been stated elsewhere that being able to log out on motherships and other things and get a free / safe ride is actually not using the system as intended - IE: that transport through Space is intended to be a risky venture and you doing things to avoid those repercussions is considered essentially an abuse of the system.

So when they say that if they detect you doing this routinely, you are likely to get some action taken, that is where they are coming from. Please remember this going forwards: not even logged out trips on a MS or Privateer are "as intended" for purposes of moving goods in space.

9. Agis
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Agis Well-Known Member
    Inspired

link please to official Mindark response...thanks

10. Cly
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Cly New Member

Jill of All Trades
    Society:
    Darksteel Enterprises
    I am not going to trawl PCF looking for the original quote(s) which was I believe in a support case submitted by someone (but I do ask whether you consider a Support response to be an "Official Mindark response") in which case I might not be able to help you....

However, see here, from this years state of the game:

IE: risk free travel in space is NOT intended and is considered an actual platform ISSUE that they are looking to address at this time by MA. PS: You're welcome.

11. OZtwo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

OZtwo Active Member
    Buzzed

Society:
    Vikings Of Entropia

Well, this really didn't say much and it sure doesn't mean that they are working on ways to make it so one can not log out. But what that may say is simply that they are still working on the MS storage feature meaning that when you go onto an MS you will first need to put your items in the MS storage before boarding the main ship.

The only other way they could do this is if you log out, all items stay in game. Now think about that for a bit. Do you see any problems here? Come on think :) So yes, we probably will always be able to log out.

12. WangXiang
    • Cyrene Pioneer

WangXiang Active Member
    Relaxed

Society:
    Guardians of Evolution
    OZtwo likes this.
  13. AlricBezel
    • Cyrene Pioneer

AlricBezel Active Member
    No Mood

I didn't alter anything in this case, it's as it reads.

I asked this question to mindark because I didn't know anything about it being possible to get your account banned for logging out in space when a pirate is present and if they report you.

From what I had heard, one pirate has gotten at least 100 people banned for reporting them for logging out in space.

The thing that gets me the most is that MA sides with the pirates over the typical player and takes the pirates word without question.

So to me that's completely insane that MA is willing to ban players that play steady and are obviously trying to make a living in the game by trading, transporting their goods to sell, but is happy to keep the crooks in the game.

14. Thanatos
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Bored

Home Page:
    Society:
    Task Force
    for me its an abuse to ban for logging off, cuz its my right to go off whenever i want. on the other hand i like pvp space idea. MA got to find a solution to that logging off escapes.

Actually i got the solution - make avatar stay in game in afk pose for 1h after some1 logs off. He will be lootable ofc in space.

15. TunerS
    • Cyrene Pioneer

TunerS Travelling through time...
    Curious

Society:
    Brainstormers
    That is not going to work well when you get disconnected and want to relog - "Your avatar is already logged in. Please try again after 1h." :eek:

16. Thanatos
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Bored

Home Page:
    Society:
    Task Force
    hehe would be funny, but its not the case even now. if they make them stay afku can log in, same way if u dc now u got to wait a bit before u log in, but if u relog, u can do it instantly, wo waiting

17. AlricBezel
    • Cyrene Pioneer

AlricBezel Active Member
    No Mood

I agree Thanatos, I feel that is is abuse to ban a player for logging off to save their loot.

18. Cly
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Cly New Member

Jill of All Trades
    Society:
    Darksteel Enterprises
    I understand your position Alric, but I also feel it is important that you understand MindArk's position on this - they have designed space to be lootable precisely because they want it to be a dangerous endeavour to move goods through it. IE: they actively want to promote sales of items on local planets (even though we know Calypso is the bigger market, they want to encourage others to grow).

So having ways to transport goods with no risk (ie, being able to log out to 100% save your loot) is actually not what MA intend for the system, so yes: they consider you to be abusing the system if you try to avoid being looted this way.

As has been said before on many occasions: if you're worried about loot, take a flight on one of the motherships, I can personally recommend the Normandie. You can stay logged in and even if you get attacked they usually have epic repairers and the odds of the ship going down are minimal.

The cost of the flight versus the possible price of losing your loot is worth the effort. This promotes
    - mothership use and related space ventures
    - inter-planetary trade
    - planet-local trade as well for those who opt not to go into space at all

So really - being able to log out at the moment is, while obviously a right for each player, an abuse of the system if the only reason you're bailing is to save your too-cheap-to-buy-a-more-secure-trip ass.

I hope you can at least see the other side of the coin here and understand why you're getting the answers and replies you are from Support.

Nor Alien likes this.
  19. SapphireDragon
    • Cyrene Pioneer

SapphireDragon New Member
    Lurking

Society:
    Silly Underground Family
    As long as the space works like a game of rock-paper-scissors where you can't pick rock (for example), they shouldn't punish players for using game mechanics.

They are also taking a dangerous path in supporting pirates over other players to such degree - I'd be willing to bet that the people they are banning or forcing to lose peds will end up costing them more in lost income than the pirates who'd quit otherwise.

Not being able to figure out a way to make the auctions on other planets attractive to their players is no excuse for the MA to punish nonpirates.

20. WangXiang
    • Cyrene Pioneer

WangXiang Active Member
    Relaxed

Society:
    Guardians of Evolution
    The enemy sometimes masquerades as a geranium, but we cannot be mistaken because while the geranium is on our windowsill, the enemy is at our doorstep.
    -- Pierre Desproges

(Translation: Our enemies are not the pirates, our enemies are the cheaters whether they are pirates or not.)

Juicy and Nor Alien like this.