1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Is full launch of Cyrene delayed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by George Skywalker, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Svarog
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Svarog A pixel guy
    Psychedelic

I'm sure people would be much more excited if MA just gave back the ability to get naked and slide on the butt :p

SoftHart likes this.
  2. Rathius
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Rathius Active Member
    Brooding

Home Page:
    Even if the sliding wasn't there, I'd just be happy to be able to just sit down on the ground again. XD

SoftHart likes this.
  3. EyEs oFtHe PiTt
    • Cyrene Pioneer

EyEs oFtHe PiTt Member
    Yeehaw

Society:
    vJ~Vigilantes of Cyrene
    Dire weed Flaxen and that crystal Pollen I save.. mentor says to wait on. I kill only Weeds. I have a hard time surviving in this game.. My brother is my mentor so I trade him real life things and he gives me peds.. but I know that was going to be hard.. He said I should sweat till full update.. but shit who wants to do that lol.. it is pricey but soon I hope it will pay off.. btw anyone buying sweat :))

4. Smoerble
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Smoerble New Member

Society:
    Irken Invaders
  5. Archman
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Archman Member

Society:
    Skillin' Villains
    With the number of people at comic con I doubt they would be allowed to move around if they were even there. What did Cyrene do at comic con?

6. Svarog
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Svarog A pixel guy
    Psychedelic

Being absent, I guess :dunno:

7. OZtwo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

OZtwo Active Member
    Buzzed

Society:
    Vikings Of Entropia
    Yes, last I heard they didn't even go. The video was of course their plans if they did go..but since MA or them didn't get the final release done yet..well, they stated somewhere that they were not going to go to comic con

8. Wistrel
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf
    Breezy

Wanderer
    Home Page:
    Society:
    Entropia Pioneers
    Yes I really miss the sitting on the ground thing. More than a lot of stuff really. It added an important social element especially as it was a very relaxed pose.

The new avatar stuff is just speculation. I know Cyrene said they wanted new avatars and it might be potentially kinda vital for the "mech"'s they talk of. But we know that new avatar stuff is a massive thing to slide in. Last time, EVERYTHING had to be (or at least was, not sure about HAD) redesigned. The vu 9 avatars were presumably essentially hacked into cryengine and there is probably scope for way better ones with that engine (certainly if you look at other games for 3 or 4 npc's... although what you can put in a game doesn't scale necessarily to an MMO and a few thousand custom characters potentially all showing up in once place. Hopefully things are a little more "portable" these days but who knows really. We can't see behind the scenes infrastructure. I think a new avatar design would need to be able to accomodate future stuff like pets and taming etc and some more advanced interaction maybe.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1523379957/oculus-rift-step-into-the-game

Perhapse this would be a good idea? ;) maybe entropia could be the first real life .hack ;)

Still it has to be noted that entropia is still improving avatars even now. We got the eye movements and blinking and idle movements and physics hair which actually made a stunning different to getting out of the uncanny valley we've been in since vu9. I noticed last update they dicked with rotation now so its a tad broken at the moment (looks silly at least). Clearly "something" is going on at least. Another clue is that the facebook ad team said the photo'd avatars on their promo material was a secret where they came from. If it was just Poser or something similar they'd have just said.

Another clue is that the longer Cryene is delayed the more the rest of the world moves on and the more money they "don't" make. As everything else moves on they need their game to look better so its more likely they will wait for new avatars in order to "keep up with the jones'"

Wistrel

PS did anyone else notice Cyrene armour on sale auction? Looked really cool I thought!

9. Rathius
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Rathius Active Member
    Brooding

Home Page:
    What Cyrene armor? The only ones I know of are Scout, Imperium, and Turrellion. One craft, one token, one drop, and then of course the TT.

10. Wistrel
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf
    Breezy

Wanderer
    Home Page:
    Society:
    Entropia Pioneers
    Turrellion ouy of interest where does it come from? at the price I wasn't sure if it was TT+ import/novelty/ignorance tax or if it was looted

OK Wiki says Cyrene Hud token as source.... what does that mean practically? I mean, I know what the Hub is but how does that fit with access to armor?

Cheers
    Wisty

11. Svarog
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Svarog A pixel guy
    Psychedelic

There are NPCs in Janus that trade Hub-tokens for stuff, usable outside of the Hub.

12. Nor Alien
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Nor Alien Whisker Fish
    Yeehaw

Off topic posting..
    Society:
    The Gathering
    and at the hub itself. Roughly breaks down:

1600 tokens for 3 parts (or 2)
    8000 for 2 parts and
    4000 for another 2 or 3..
    They can be acquired from the pvp 1vs1 arena.. it's a 100 token entry (1 ped) and for every kill you get 80 tokens.

I can meet you at the arena, say tomorrow night for some easy noob killing!! lol I suck at this pvp (now quake, unreal, counter strike.. I is leet!!) :dance:

13. Svarog
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Svarog A pixel guy
    Psychedelic

Don't know what's going on in the hub, haven't been there for ages, tired of dying :D I suck at any pvp :)

14. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

harmony Well-Known Member
    Busy

So lykke... any updates? :)

15. Lykke TheNun
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Lykke TheNun Well-Known Member
    Roflmao

Sorry, not yet :( I will post as soon as I do know more though!