1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Is full launch of Cyrene delayed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by George Skywalker, Jul 6, 2012.

1. George Skywalker
    • Cyrene Pioneer

George Skywalker Active Member
    No Mood

We know full launch was supposed to be for this event:
    http://www.comic-con.org/

July 12-15

I've been checking that website occasionally for any sign of Cyrene presence.However, it always turns up a blank.

Considering comic-con is only a few days away now and schedules etc are listed on the website it seems to me Cyrene full launch may be delayed...

Maybe I'm not searching it right. You can try your self. These are some of the search terms I've tried in google:

- "cyrene site:comic-con.org/" this produces nothing
    - "robles site:comic-con.org/" produces fake wannabe robles not the real deal :)
    - "Kris site:comic-con.org/" again fake kris's, We wantz the real kris ;)

AlexSolo likes this.
  2. Nor Alien
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Nor Alien Whisker Fish
    Yeehaw

Off topic posting..
    Society:
    The Gathering
    Yep I checked the list of booths at the San Diego's Comic Con, and can't find anything listed under Creative Kingdom or Cyrene... They did say that they were shooting for this date and would let us know soon.. So it may just be that Ed and the gang are very busy to try and make this date still.. I think you can reserve a booth there but only up to a certain date then they need to give it up...

I guess we will know soon.. ;)

3. Svarog
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Svarog A pixel guy
    Psychedelic

Maybe they plan a big surprise? Like, in the middle of the convention a huge Cyrene-shaped cake is brought in and Ed jumps out of it with an armful of booklets :cheer:

4. MindStar 9
    • Cyrene Pioneer

MindStar 9 Hoping for the Best
    Inspired

Home Page:

0.o

Nor Alien likes this.
  5. Agis
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Agis Well-Known Member
    Inspired

Was informed by Ed the other day that the full launch will not go ahead this month due to mindark not being able to publish the content in July and Ed prefers having a full staff at mindark ready when comes time to publish, incase there are problems and therefore set a bad image for Cyrene, the next planet partner update is not until 28-30 August when VU13 gets released, and im happy of the delay , gives us more time to test more things, Also asked Ed is there anything more coming or this is it until the hard launch he said there will be more before the Cyrene 1.0 Publish.

cheers:)

6. cute781217
    • Cyrene Pioneer

cute781217 New Member

Society:
    ANF
    Thank you, but these information should be posted in here( Cyrene Forum) by official earlier, not only told to some players ingame/forum, and let them inform rest of players in here.

7. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

I wrote this rather off-topic in another thread, but decided to leave it there first and not start a new thread (yes, I'd heard..... but agree with cute781217 - it really should have been put on forum by an official!)

I really hope that there is an update that is timed for the Comic Con, as that is a massive opportunity for new players. Possibly the worst thing that can be done is give new players a bad impression. If MA is not able to integrate the official launch changes next week, then Cyrene publicity needs to make it very clear that several development lines and items are not yet in game and list these, whether it be the function of different crystal types or whatever.

If some economic chains are not full circle yet it should be made clear that new players can get a start now but should be aware of either stacking certain materials, or tt-ing only if they really wish to continue cycling. Make it clear that better returns on played peds require the growth of a trading economy...

Something like: please feel free to explore in advance of delayed full release implementation, now planned for date x. You may wish, however, to wait until all the economic lines go fully operational (hunting, crafting and mining lines) before starting more serious and longer online sessions. We hope you enjoy the opportunities provided in this start-up phase of Cyrene, gaining knowledge that will be of long-term benefit.

Good luck!

[edit: I was assuming there would still be a stand at the fair, which may not be the case....... hard to know what is worse really - although my decision would be to go but with the clear information of a delayed full launch! ]

Additional edit: I would also say that it is better to have a specific 'solo' update without full MA staff than together with VU13, no matter how many MA staff are then there - they will be knee deep in VU13 anyway, and it is harder to know the cause of problems/bugs if more stuff is implemented at the same time!

8. TunerS
    • Cyrene Pioneer

TunerS Travelling through time...
    Curious

Society:
    Brainstormers
    I agree. It is a bit stupid that these kind of things are told only to few players and then the rest of the playerbase is like...wait?...what?...when?...shit...
    It should be announced in the forum so everyone would know what exactly is going on in the game or about the game so in the end it wouldn't be like "One player told me that he heard from another player that some unknown person said that release will be delayed...or this mob is bugged and shouldn't be hunted".

9. Fang
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Fang New Member
    Curious

Hunter
    Home Page:
    Society:
    Soldiers of Fortune

We need an official statement if this is true or not from Ed or Lykke.

10. Ed Robles 3
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Ed Robles 3 Active Member
    Artistic

Hello everyone. All official info will be handed out on the site. As I mentioned to Agis nothing is set in stone until we post it. I am still waiting for more info but there will be an official post by Lykke soon.

11. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

Well, I hope you can still get the stones set the right way then...
    ..and I stand by my 'if': If MA is not able to integrate the official launch changes next week .... then please give more info for new players and old than you might otherwise have done, to lessen the chance that many are disappointed. Ty!

12. Nor Alien
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Nor Alien Whisker Fish
    Yeehaw

Off topic posting..
    Society:
    The Gathering
    If need be.. take your time and let it come out the way you want.. I think this will attract more people to the planet then a big announcement at Comic-con!! :beerchug: Ty for the update!! :)

13. Rathius
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Rathius Active Member
    Brooding

Home Page:
    I definitely agree that some sort of larger disclaimer needs to be given. Many new players haven't the slightest clue what a 'soft launch' is, or what it means that some things aren't available right now.

I've tried to help out new players to the best of my abilities, but since I cannot just hand out money, it falls very short. The lack of economy means lack of players. As such, nobody on the planet (that I've seen) is buying sweat, which entirely throws new players under the boat and basically says, "You must deposit to play." As such, can't say I've seen any of those new players back online yet.

14. MindStar 9
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Inspired

Home Page:
    This Interview with Ed at the EntropiaPlanets Forum might be of some help Rathius, with regard to understanding the dynamics of the soft launch! ;)

15. Rathius
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Rathius Active Member
    Brooding

Home Page:
    Well, I understand the soft-launch fine. That's not the issue really. It's the new players -starting- on Cyrene, their first character, that don't understand the game at all.

---
    I came here full well knowing it would be rather empty, and that most things I use from day to day would not be available here for a while. I did read the forums to figure out what to expect somewhat before I showed up. Also since I started around 9yrs ago, I understood pretty well what all of it meant.

Problem is, you can't really expect brand new players to do that. Especially in today's market of MMOs.

16. MindStar 9
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Inspired

Home Page:
    Sorry Rathius, I didn't realize that you had been in EU for that long, which explains knowledge shared in some of your posts. I also misinterpreted your post to mean that you might need soft launch info. I see that you have everything under control, and I can also appreciate your perspective about newbies on Cyrene. :)

17. Rathius
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Rathius Active Member
    Brooding

Home Page:
    No worries, not a problem. :)

18. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

I also made my initial visits to Cyrene in the knowledge of what a soft launch would probably mean in terms of economic paths, namely unfinished ones.
    The problem is, many people who register as new players will not realise this, and the longer the period of soft launch, the more players will be giving it a go and then turning away again - lost, maybe for ever!
    There is also not an unlimited supply of early adopters - the ones who find new activities first and who are prepared to invest in new areas, recommend them etc.

You are also in competition with other areas of EU as far as more experienced players is concerned.

Please, please, please make information your strong point - the path to success!

19. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

harmony Well-Known Member
    Busy

So is this your "soon", or our "soon"?
    Yes yes i'm impatient :)

20. Lykke TheNun
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Lykke TheNun Well-Known Member
    Roflmao

Hm... as soon as I know more ;) So, "my" soon? :BreakDance: