1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

what is the cyrene storyline (ingame)?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by harmony, May 3, 2012.

1. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

harmony Well-Known Member
    Busy

I played through the missions i could ingame.

As far as i can tell when you start the game you are revived/reborn/remade/whatever and are part of ARC. ARC appears to be a bunch of not too bright mercenaries, that want to build a couple of fortifications. ARC appears to be at war/ hunted down by another party (i wish i took screenshots of the beginner missions). Am i warm or not?

And more importantly can i later on switch sides and help hunt down the ARC soldiers?

MindStar 9 likes this.
  2. Svarog
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Svarog A pixel guy
    Psychedelic

Have you read this and MindStar's chronicles?
    According to this (factions section), you'll be able to fight either for Zekkonians (bugzzz :goodbee:) or for Sons of Remus (Imperium) and I saw somewhere on forums or maybe in Entropia Times Ed said you can switch your faction but it will take a lot of efforts to earn trust of former enemies (I understand it as a lot of grinding :D).

MindStar 9 likes this.
  3. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

harmony Well-Known Member
    Busy

Yes i did, a long time ago (I should really start reading them again). But i doubt new players will read some old post on a forum not directly related to the game they are downloading.

4. MindStar 9
    • Cyrene Pioneer

MindStar 9 Hoping for the Best
    Inspired

Home Page:
    You're doing pretty good as far as storyline is concerned, so let me see if I can expand on that a bit.

First I'd like to remind people that as a member of the Cyrene Writing Team, I've been sharing a good portion of the Cyrene storyline within my Covert Ops storytelling series about the Zekkonians so far, and quite a bit has been revealed about Cyrene, including the goal of ARC (Acacia Rebirth Corps).

ARC is headed up by Zorra Winters, who is the presumed dead wife of the Supreme Commander Will Winters. This part of the storyline is in the first episode of the current series which was printed in the EntropiaTimes magazine last year in the June issue that focused on Cyrene. All episodes of the Covert Operations Storytelling that have been presented so far can be accessed in this section of the forum.

If you go to the first episode in the June issue of the magazine, and start reading on page 17 with the title "Truth be Told" ... it will give you some insight about ARC and what they are attempting to do with their efforts. I think you will find the revealed chain of events quite interesting, and perhaps revealing as to where storyline will progress.

The first episode is the only one published in a magazine, but access to all episodes of the ongoing story of the current Covert Ops series with the Zekkonians can be found at the link I gave you above. It's a good way to learn more of the storyline and how characters and events interact with each other, not to mention the exclusive photos and graphic art sketches the C-Team did that reveals more of what we can look forward to.

As far as the missions in-game, I know that Kris is the lead guy with regard to those and how they flow as it pertains to storyline, so until I can review those myself, it's a bit difficult for me to comment on that portion at the moment. He's also the one who has been involved with the details about the 5 factions that will be a part of a player's evolution in the game, so perhaps we can get Kris to give us more information regarding that.

However, I can tell you, that whatever faction you decide to become a part of, you can always switch sides later on, but it won't be easy. :D

You're doing a rather good job of interpreting the mission storyline with ARC so far, so come back and let us know what else you discover. :thumbup:

5. Ed Robles 3
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Ed Robles 3 Active Member
    Artistic

I think you have done well Harmony! The faction system is still not live yet but will be in the future. What is important though is that you have discovered so many missions (especially the daily ones) that have a direct effect on Planet Cyrene. This of course leads to even more missions being unlocked by the changes that result in the areas the players use the most. Great work and thanks for sharing on the forums!

6. Divide D. Impera
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Divide D. Impera Member
    Horny

Student
    Ed, is Svarog right? You said SoR were the "bad guys" and the Senators "the good guys", but what then are the Zekkonians? I want to fight neither for SoR nor the bug-people, but the Senators. Will they be a stand alone faction fighting for their right to rule? It's all very confusing. I know I should probably read MindStar's fiction, but they are very long and it's not easy reading 50+ pages (if the first issue is a hint) on a computer screen; after a while your eyes start to burn. If I only knew it was worth it I could get through it.

(I'd like to point out that this in no way is either a reflection upon MindStar's writing nor upon my own intellect as I am a constant reader, but reading requires focus from your eyes and brain, and reading a lot on one's computer screen can be quite tiering; that's why they're selling reading-devices with E-ink.)

I'd also think it cool if players' themselves could create their own factions, but maybe society-battles is already an idea to be implemented. The idea about the HUB is very neat, thus giving the opportunity for ubers not to necessarily have an advantage. I'd like Ed to read up on EVE: online which is a sandbox-game where players' bring the game forth (like in Ed's own vision of Planet Cyrene) with alliances between groups, huge battles and politics.

But what do I know ... I am still floating around dead in space unable to revive myself so the gods must hate my ideas.