1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Uphill Spear Race

Discussion in 'Events' started by Thanatos, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Thanatos
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Thanatos Fate Thanatos Themis
    Bored

Home Page:
    Society:
    Task Force
    Yesterday i was trying to mine in the mountains N from Craggs Point West. It was rly funny to try to reach the top of highest mountain there in spear, cuz i was flipping, rolling and got to try to get there over again :)

Id like to make a race event there.

Rules:
    - spear vehicles every type only allowed
    - start at Craggs Point West
    - finnish on the top of the nearest mountain. This one who gets there in spear and picks up the token from the ground, gonna be able to exchange it for a prize. The token will be an item of my choice, funny one :)
    - the prize coudl be the pool of entry fees or if Cyrene's staff likes that idea, something other, and the title of Uphil Race Winner I.
    - entry fee can be 1ped, and winner takes all.

Those were basic ideas, that could be developed a bit.
    I would be glad to get MSM coverage and help cuz some1 got to say "start" and watch if all competetitors dont cheat using vtols or other vehicles, also some ppl are needed at the top, to see whos the winner.
    This could be interesting to watch, those falling down rolling and crushing spears, so some1 could make twitch.tv stream from media chopper.

Cyrene's staff help would be appriciated if u guys like this event idea.

Share ur thoughts, cheers!

non, TunerS and Master Chief like this.
  2. Master Chief
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Master Chief Smuggler - Hibernation
    Angelic

CSR
    Society:
    Irken Invaders
    Bring it!

3. TunerS
    • Cyrene Pioneer

TunerS Travelling through time...
    Curious

Society:
    Brainstormers
    As long as it is on monday-thursday 20:00-23:00 time I can stream that event. You should also consider that there is one Spear model that doesn't have huge HP and probably can't climb on mountains like other models.

4. Thanatos
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Thanatos Fate Thanatos Themis
    Bored

Home Page:
    Society:
    Task Force
    well im not sure which one ur mentioned, i couldnt try them all yet. i got basic spear from mission, and its doing fine :)

about date: its not set yet, i was thinking about weekend, cuz then more ppl play, but we can make some kind of list of ppl willing to start, and decide if its wed, 22ma time, or sun 22ma time.

5. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

This is a great idea!

If were honest with ourselves we can admit that we need something to bring our community together. So that the people who care and are making an investment of their ped and time into cyrene can get to know each other. Who knows what great things my spring from such early events... or maybe no one will show up...

on a related note there could be a race on each of the land mass. would be fun way of encouraging the exploration of the planet.

and the race track looks like it has a lot of potential. very hard to use now though.

Thanatos likes this.
  6. Calli
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Calli Things that make you go Hmm!
    Mellow

Home Page:
    Society:
    Irken Invaders
    Im sure MSM could help spread the word on a event like this... It reminds me of the MSR parties MS9 used to have all the time... with races and tt events... and I agree Cyrene does need some fun like this to get community together and having laughs :woohoo: As always feel free to add me to your FL(Calli callimax Yosta) in game with a message to add you to the party/event list .. will give a shout pm to you in game to remind you when events are going on!!:wave:

7. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

A great idea! :) There have been races in most vehicles, but not seen a spear one yet.

I believe Bizarrick is now on the MSM team. I flew a heli for him to get video of a combi-race at New Switzerland - can be seen if you enter entropia november race in the search. Not many views, but it's not something one would normally search for. It gives an idea of what could be done :). We could maybe get promo material for Cyrene and have a great time too...

8. Tyler "Cygnus" Durkee
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Tyler "Cygnus" Durkee New Member
    Nerdy

That sounds like fun. When I first got in my spear and drove it over flat ground I hit a "speedbump" and flew about 100 feet into the air. I can only imagine what a hill would do...

I'd love to participate in this even without a reward, could just be a fun thing for bragging rights.