• Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Official Cyrene Event Tide Claw Madness!

Kris | Cyrene

Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs
Staff member
Hey guys,

I'm happy to announce the latest Planet Cyrene Event: Tide Claw Madness!

TideClaw.jpg

Here's the breakdown:

Event Date
Start: Saturday, April 11th 12:00:01 AM (server time)
End: Sunday, April 12th 11:59:59 PM (server time)

Scoring
Highest Single Loot on the following Creatures

Prizes

Mature Tide Claw (level 7)
Highest Single Loot
1st Place - 200 PED Universal Ammo
2nd Place - Melee Bimodal Amplifier II (L)
3rd Place - Melee Trauma Amplifier II (L)
4th Place - Melee Durability Amplifier II (L)
5th Place - Melee Bimodal Amplifier I (L)
6th Place - Melee Trauma Amplifier I (L)
7th Place - Melee Durability Amplifier I (L)
8th Place - Melee Bimodal Amplifier I (L)
9th Place - Melee Trauma Amplifier I (L)
10th Place - Melee Durability Amplifier I (L)

Old Tide Claw (level 15)
Highest Single Loot
1st Place - 400 PED Universal Ammo
2nd Place - Melee Bimodal Amplifier III (L)
3rd Place - Melee Trauma Amplifier III (L)
4th Place - Melee Durability Amplifier III (L)
5th Place - Melee Bimodal Amplifier II (L)
6th Place - Melee Trauma Amplifier II (L)
7th Place - Melee Durability Amplifier II (L)
8th Place - Melee Bimodal Amplifier I (L)
9th Place - Melee Trauma Amplifier I (L)
10th Place - Melee Durability Amplifier I (L)

Provider Tide Claw (level 25)
Highest Single Loot
1st Place - 800 PED Universal Ammo
2nd Place - Melee Bimodal Amplifier IV (L)
3rd Place - Melee Trauma Amplifier IV (L)
4th Place - Melee Durability Amplifier IV (L)
5th Place - Melee Bimodal Amplifier III (L)
6th Place - Melee Trauma Amplifier III (L)
7th Place - Melee Durability Amplifier III (L)
8th Place - Melee Bimodal Amplifier II (L)
9th Place - Melee Trauma Amplifier II (L)
10th Place - Melee Durability Amplifier II (L)

Players will be able to hunt these creatures at their current spawn locations as well as a special event spawn: any location will count towards this event.

Tide Claw Map.jpg

Use the chat channels to find new friends or to create your own teams private chat channel. Seehttp://www.entropiauniverse.com/entropia-universe/beginners-guide/desktop/for more details on using the Chat system.

Rules & Notes
Teams are allowed in this event, but note that the highest single loot will be attributed to the avatar who scores the killing blow.

Limit of one prize per avatar account. Once selected for a prize, all subsequent globals for that avatar will be removed from the ranking list.

Any attempt at abusing any Entropia Universe systems or features in order to gain an unfair advantage over other participants will be grounds for disqualification from the event, forfeiture of any prizes, and possible sanctions imposed on one’s Entropia Universe account.

Tide Claw Group.jpg

All prizes will be handed out by MindArk once the scoring is calculated.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Cheers,
Kris

slider.png

jetsina

Nice, thanks! To clarify a couple of points:

1: it's basically a 48-hr event? (making sure I understand start and end times...)

2: the order prizes are allocated in should start at provider first place I guess, but it quickly becomes tricky. As it says only 1 prize per avatar is possible, it would be a bit silly if an avatar has, say, 10th place in the provider category AND 4th place in the olds. There is the risk that MA will simply allocate the durability amp II instead of the presumably better prize of the durability amp III. Have you clarified guidelines with MA and can you tell us pls?

3: I don't really particularly want to bring this up, but there is someone with a seemingly countless number of alts who has avatars parked at the 48-hr 'daily' mission NPC (inside the hut) and rotates avatar upon avatar for the (1or2)*8 tokens. This event looks like it could attract alts too. Please be aware of this and either put pressure on stopping alt activity or put pressure on MA to finally open up the official position and allow multiple avatars per person in some way.

Thank you!

harmony

3: I don't really particularly want to bring this up, but there is someone with a seemingly countless number of alts who has avatars parked at the 48-hr 'daily' mission NPC (inside the hut) and rotates avatar upon avatar for the (1or2)*8 tokens. This event looks like it could attract alts too. Please be aware of this and either put pressure on stopping alt activity or put pressure on MA to finally open up the official position and allow multiple avatars per person in some way.

I don't think you really have to worry about that, in general als have no skills, and even the mature Tide claws need some skills to be killed (also the prices not really worth it i think).

jetsina

Oh yeah, they are (L)! Somehow I missed that. That changes things quite a bit then, yes, thanks for pointing it out - and I guess thanks too for saving me fuel and peds!

Edit: didn't want that to sound negative about the event if it comes across that way - just that it'll probably be my decision not to take part. But it IS nice to see an event taking place, and for anyone who likes tide claws then it is the chance of getting a bit of a bonus!

Kris | Cyrene

Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs
Staff member
Hey jetsina,

1: it's basically a 48-hr event? (making sure I understand start and end times...)

That's correct.

2: the order prizes are allocated in should start at provider first place I guess, but it quickly becomes tricky. As it says only 1 prize per avatar is possible, it would be a bit silly if an avatar has, say, 10th place in the provider category AND 4th place in the olds. There is the risk that MA will simply allocate the durability amp II instead of the presumably better prize of the durability amp III. Have you clarified guidelines with MA and can you tell us pls?

I believe that you would be awarded the highest placing, but I will clarify with MindArk to make sure. This event was setup with their schema so I would guess that they have those sort of guidelines already in place.

I think harmony hits the nail on the head here:
I don't think you really have to worry about that, in general als have no skills, and even the mature Tide claws need some skills to be killed (also the prices not really worth it i think).

But if there is any funny business I'll certainly be making sure that the correct people hear about it.

Cheers,
Kris

Master Chief

Smuggler - Hibernation
Cya!
Event Date
Start: Saturday, April 11th 12:00:01 AM (server time)
End: Sunday, April 12th 11:59:59 PM (server time)

I took another look and noticed this, This apparently is an 36 hour event, adding am and pm and using 24 hr time stamps is messing the times up, can we have clarification asap Kris.

-The Chief

sluggo

Looks like 48 to me. Friday turns into saturday morning it's 12 01 am, next comes 1 am etc..
goto sunday at 1201 am that's 24 hours.
goto sunday just after high noon that's 1201 pm making it 36 hours
now take it to the very end just before midnight on sunday night that's 1159 pm.. you are about two seconds short of 48 hours.

sluggo

lethall

Crap prizes..if they where UL maybe would worth! They don't fix ARC vendors(u make 200badges and look at a empty vendor) but they bring a lame event! "GOOD JOB" C-team/MA! Other way to make a quick buck from players!

harmony

Crap prizes..if they where UL maybe would worth! They don't fix ARC vendors(u make 200badges and look at a empty vendor) but they bring a lame event! "GOOD JOB" C-team/MA! Other way to make a quick buck from players!

Oh no, they did something some people like, the bastards!
Judging by the amount of globals, there are enough people who like it, so it's not a lame event to them. They can't please everyone. A small event should have small prizes....

Btw is the vendor empty now? wasn't empty a week ago....

Just checked: nope not empty (can't get a full set though atm).

Last edited:

Paul Jetman Masters

Simply if you don't like the prizes don't partake, while the prizes aren't amazing, most levels of players can enter and stand a chance of winning.

Rusty Venture

Back on Cyrene
Oh no, they did something some people like, the bastards!
Judging by the amount of globals, there are enough people who like it, so it's not a lame event to them. They can't please everyone. A small event should have small prizes....

Btw is the vendor empty now? wasn't empty a week ago....

Just checked: nope not empty (can't get a full set though atm).
When you only need a hat and shoes, and they are sold out 24/7, the vendor counts as empty to me.