1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

The cube that curbed my enthusiasm...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Menace, Aug 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Menace
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Menace Active Member

Oh I feel the exact opposite m8. Cyrene being held to higher standards will push the envelope and ensure they're better than that gong show of a company at the top.

Menace

non likes this.
  2. WangXiang
    • Cyrene Pioneer

WangXiang Active Member
    Relaxed

Society:
    Guardians of Evolution
    ... and we don't care how rude you are...

There was an other thread opened on the same subject several weeks ago. A feedback from Kris was (politely) requested, it was expected but never happened.

And now someone comes on the forum and complains, and Kris immediately makes a statement... This is not correct in my opinion. If every problem is handled in this way, this forum will soon become a nightmare :confused:

Master Chief and Thanatos like this.
  3. Menace
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Menace Active Member

c'mon now Wang... This thread isn't to scold Kris about his forum response choices. Nor do I think I've been rude at all here. Your only input into this discussion is to insinuate that I'm rude and to point out that Kris didn't respond to the other post but responded to mine? I really didn't think you were that kind of person. Maybe you just feel threatened as more spending players step foot on Cyrene.... you won't be one of the "Few" anymore.... Oh well. Shit happens. I'm here... I'm sticking around for a bit... I play real stupid which is GREAT for cyrene's economy. So get over it.

See ya on the killing fields and in the forums...

Menace

4. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    Hey WangXiang,

I'm just waiting to get the last couple weeks of reports from MA before I make a statement on there =) Sorry for the wait =) I just want to have all the info first.

I try very hard to monitor these forums and make posts that are, what I hope, very helpful and not just posted for the sake of posting. I try and reply to posts and PMs in a timely manner and I'm sorry if it looks like I was ignoring another thread on the same issue.

When things get heated on here, it's best for someone like me or Lykke to chime in and see what's going on. In fact I was pointed to this thread by another developer today.

I think it's been shown on our forums that constructive feed back often works best (even if it's not answered right away), and I hope that everyone feels that way.

Cheers,
    Kris

5. Menace
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Menace Active Member

First problem Kris is lack of HP on the mobs. If you're going to give out ammo and items with no default loot, you're gonna need more HP in order to see those items.

A 2500 HP mob loots average of 8 PED with an apprx. cost to kill of 8.3 PED. So.... when you're dropping items you would pretty much need that mob to global in order to have enough TT allocated to it's loot to drop a 25 PED item. In the meantime... players end up with 2-15 PED in ammo. The Jellyworm still drops BP's because of their low TT value. The loot system cannot put a 100 PED TT item into an 8 PED loot. It just doesn't work m8. And it's a shame that MA doesn't explain this stuff to you guys/gals in more detail.

Arkadia had the same problem. Not enough people were getting items. They solved it by removing most of the boxes. Ark was originally setup to loot small amounts from 6 boxes and a larger sum from the final box. Now... with just one box... there's a higher chance the system can put that item into the loot because there's more than enough "room" (for lack of better term) in a 500 PED HoF to insert a potentially higher TT item.

Increase your HP of your bosses to 10k. Decrease regen if needed. Decrease Damage dealt by boss if needed. Lower the cost to craft of the cubes SIGNIFIGANTLY. You want people to be able to shoot through 10k HP 20 times a day if they want.... THAT is where you as a planet will turn some revenue. A team doing 1 cube for 2500 HP isn't making you any money... nor is it handing out goodness to your customers.

As per the no loot and no loot message... Calypso had the same problem with Sand King. Surely MA knows what's going on there as they've already dealt with it on their planet.

Good Luck! Looking forward to seeing what you's come up with.

Menace

non and Kris | Cyrene like this.
  6. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

fair point :)

second part was all i was trying to remind you of.

7. Master Chief
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Master Chief Smuggler - Hibernation
    Angelic

CSR
    Society:
    Irken Invaders
    Better get the mud boots, shit's getting deep in here.

8. redthothcrowley
    • Cyrene Pioneer

redthothcrowley Member
    Question

Society:
    Obsidian
    Menace is not trying to bitch here, but rather give input. Sometimes he comes across a bit harsh, but he's one of the nicest guys you'll meet. And I agree with most of his feedback here. But so far on Cyrene while we have been spending peds like crazy and trying to support the community we have received a bit of attitude from a couple players.
    We're all here on Cyrene to have fun and hopefully build a good community. I don't care if some of you have been here a year. Don't get all pissy when someone new shows up and tries to support the place (even if they are a bit "vocal").

Lastly, I can say Kris seems to be the most communicative representative of any planet partner in game. It's refreshing. While he may have missed responding to a thread or two in the past, or was waiting for info I'd still say he's doing better than ANY others in EU. It's refreshing.

MindStar 9 likes this.
  9. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

well not sure i should be speak for everyone but ill do it anyways ;). most of us have been on cyrene and this here forum for a decent bit of time. we have seen many people show up for under a day and then come here or someplace else and whine( not saying thats what you are doing) so even go as far to personally attack the devs spreading baseless rumors and insults.

we really like cyrene and the staff of the forums. as shown by the time and ped we spend on cyrene and posting here on the forums. so some of use might get a bit overprotective and assume where someone is coming from in their arguements. also many of us are from all over the world and though we share the forums in english its not the first or even second for some, so what might come across as rude or whatnot is just normal converstation just a bit off from english not being the first language.

and lastly we (me mainly) are kinda odd :) and act and react a bit differently than most.

some i am sure will not appreciate me saying any of this but :):p we are all having fun for the most part so a moments thought before we reply or say anything in that matter is a good idea. i of course need to follow my own advice ;).

Chris Spencer Schmidt likes this.
  10. Menace
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Menace Active Member

Well that's not healthy for a planet either Non.... the "This is OUR planet!" type attitude. I was one of the first to step foot on Cyrene. I stayed as long as I could but being a brand new planet there was no way I could financially survive here.... not to mention there wasn't much here in the VU.
    Cyrene IS gonna grow. You Cyrene vets WILL see new players come and bitch... whine.... HoF.... and even loot nice items right out from under your noses. It's inevitable. It WILL happen. Planet Cyrene cannot afford to be exclusive to the dozen of you who deposit regularly and have the most knowledge about the planet.
    My suggestion... be a little more welcoming. Otherwise you will be like the Arkadians. Heckling at new comers completely missing out on the fun while you do it. Eventually you'll be the "small group of arrogant Cyrenians" Amongst a busy and booming planet and you'll have missed the boat as the Dev's develop for the majority playerbase of which you will no longer be a part of due to self alienation.

The majority of the people I've met here have been more than helpful. There are only 2 or 3 arrogant pricks who need to get over it. You will hear me bitch on forums.... you'll hear me be constructive..... and you're DEFINITELY see my name in BRIGHT PURPLE LIGHTS in game!

Menace

11. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

you make some good points that bear reflecting upon. in the future ill strive to be a better more thoughtful person at least publicly when i scurry forth from beneath my bridge :)

12. Master Chief
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Master Chief Smuggler - Hibernation
    Angelic

CSR
    Society:
    Irken Invaders
    Alright I stood on the sidelines but this is getting out of control. Menace your friend (crowley) speaks highly of you, I suggest you act like it. Its not because your new and stepping on other peoples toes, Its because you come to this planet and complain because you spend tons of ped. I for one don't give two shits how much damn ped you spend. We all have spent plenty of peds, Reason your getting attitude from alot of the players on Cyrene; you come here with your high and mighty attitude, I spend tons of peds ego, Then expect a better treatment then most. Adapt to the planet understand it and survive or rush into things expect this is how its going to happen but it goes the other way. And also here's a few resources for you to use so we don't get any dejavu threads about the petty stuff.

Cyrene Report Thread - Contains current VU bugs/Notes (No bitching or complaining here please)
    Imperium Key Cube Summon and Instance - I stop updating due to the unreasonable loot but you get the idea.

Other then that Enjoy the planet like I have, and Cyrene small community is a fun bunch we all play well :)

-The Chief

13. Chris Spencer Schmidt
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Chris Spencer Schmidt Active Member
    Hot

Planet Cyrene Community Member!
    Society:
    German Dragons
    @Kris please close this Thread. omg:rolleyes:

WangXiang, Kris | Cyrene and Menace like this.
  14. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    Hey guys!

I'm officially locking this thread. I think that feedback in great, I think that one of the things that really improves Cyrene every VU is players coming and posting opinions about our game and telling what they like and don't like, offering suggestions, and making good points.

I also understand that in a game about real money that things can (and do from time to time) get heated really fast, people attack each other, and we lose sight of what the thread was really about.

Do I think some good points have been made, of course, but this is not the place to settle quarrels between players.

Cheers,
    Kris

Thanatos, Jeanni, WangXiang and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.