1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Selling Regular Stackables Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by San, Nov 30, 2014.

1. San
    • Cyrene Pioneer

San Sandal San Tolk

Home Page:
    Society:
    OldTimers
    I know this has been attempted before and always died with a whimper, but I want to take another shot at it. The fragmentation of funds into countless stacks that keep sitting there for ages until grown to auction-worthy size, the non-tradeability of mixed bags and the absence of professional traders from Cyrene make it really hard to sustain continued gameplay. TT'ing items with actually good markup can push back the inevitable only for a little. I also don't believe in waiting out the problem until popularity of this planet gets anywhere near the big ones. Being proactive as community, we might even achieve more attraction.

The main problem I see is the lack of discovery options. The effort it takes to exchange information is far too high in relation to the value of the goods. Asking in chat mostly just draws a blank and for standard stackables is way too tedious anyway, let alone annoying for anybody else who is not currently interested. I would like to try and see if we can get something working by implementing a method here in the forum which is as simple and convenient as possible with available tools.

I suggest to do this as often as we can get around to it:

— Put all loot you don't mind getting rid of in storage. Move stackables you want to keep for your own use into separate containers. I have several used-up Spear Mk. I for this, they're cheap and have great holding capacity.
    — Open your inventory by logging in at https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/my-account/my-items/index.xml?__noframe=1
    — Use the clipboard to copy and paste the complete table into a spreadsheet program. I use LibreOffice Calc, this even works when I just select the whole page with Ctrl-A so I don't have to fumble with marking the table out of the surrounding text.
    — Set two data filters: On the 'Container' column (value contains 'cyrene') and on the 'Quantity' column (value > 1). This hides away everything not relevant here.
    — Copy and paste the 'Name' and 'Quantity' columns of the resulting data set in a reply to this thread. When returning, always update your previous entry. Do not post new entries while letting outdated information remain. Delete it if you no longer wish to participate or move off planet for a longer time.

All of this should take about a minute or two upon becoming routine. Buyers can search this thread if anything they need is available. They may send a friend request in game to be notified when the seller is online. This way we should be able to build a functioning network, possibly even attracting planet-hopping traders. I'm aware of upcoming changes announced in the latest MA dev notes, but I don't believe this will eliminate the fragmentation problem.

This thread under the trading section should be kept free of comments or discussions, only post inventories here. Open another one in the general section for that if needed. Contact requests only by PM or in game.

Good luck!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  2. San
    • Cyrene Pioneer

San Sandal San Tolk

Home Page:
    Society:
    OldTimers
    Closed for the time being due to zero interest.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015