1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

[QUESTION] Newb Visitor to Cyrene

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sn0wst0rmz, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Sn0wst0rmz
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Sn0wst0rmz Pro Miner
    Daring

Miner
    Society:
    none
    Hiya

Despite what is said about the state of Cyrene, decided to take a break from heavy mining over on Calypso to check this place out.

Despite initial problems with navigating and the "maze of mountains" this planet is, I decided to check it out. Starting with the AH.

Stupid me, I decided to leave my mining gear (105 finder and armour) and only bring my vehicles and clothes and my gun. Little did I know that I was going to struggle to kit myself out.

Anyway, just threw on the basic armour & proceeded to look up some missions to aquire a few bits n bobs like armour plating, to get a little taste of the planet.

http://cyreneforum.com/threads/cyrene-missions.460/

According to the mission info and mob info, alot of these missions are said to have low level monsters. The first mission I did was Guys Mission and to kill 10 Dire Weed. This is supposed to be a low level mob. Only it isn't easy at all.

Q1 Isn't this supposed to be a level 7 mob ? So why am I struggling to kill them with an amped level 11 rifle, which I've almost maxed out ( I'm level 13/12 dmg/hit) ? They are taking 20 shots to kill while also doing upto 30dmg per hit making this an expensive noob mission.

So I did complete this and get a armour plate and then moved on to Dr Nikolo's bug problem. Now the wiki says these monsters are level 2 with max health of 20-30. Now when I got there. I shot a few round at one and quickly release the health of this mob is actually more like 800 and that they were actually level 29.

Whats the deal with this ?

Up to now, the only mob I've seen, that I can kill easy is those Slime blob level 3 things that die in 3-4 shots. The Dire Weed loot does seem to be okay. I killed 25 (to add to the challenge 100 mission) and already got a level 10 Gauss rifle Enkidd Howler s1 (L).

I have to be frank, this planet is not a new visitor friendly, never mind noob friendly and I'm struggling to see how its going to work. In 24hrs ive seen like 8 different people max at the main hub city and no-one anywhere else on my travels.

I've even seen a guy in local asking if anyone wants to buy an ore. And when I checked the AH there was like 3 orders listed for sale at 1.5k % MU. Amour on AH next to nothing. Mining equipment 0, Vehicles 1 item. Weapons has one page and I'm over skilled for them. If I wanted to eco hunt low level mobs, the weapons available are going mean I'd struggle to kill even one of the slim blob things!

So to summarise,

- navigation is a problem
    - mobs and missions seem far harder than elsewhere
    - Can't mine because the only available finder is the tt and nothing to upgrade to
    - No armor to aid hunting relevant level mobs
    - Level 11 Imperium issue HK 1100 laser rifle is too expensive to use to kill so called lower level mobs
    - No weapons I can upgrade too
    - Decay on first aid tools is so crazy that killing 10 Dire Weed left me with 50% tt even though I barely used it.

Guys I'm new here and feel very lost and a tad frustrated. What am I to do ?

PS. Feel so sorry for Cyrene dev's. I personally think MindArk are expanding the universe and selling "space" when the Entropia player base is no where big enough to fill it.

Lastly

So as said above, I'm not going to be able to do much unless I fly back to Calypso and grab my gear and supplies but I don't want to do that so.....

Ranged Laser DMG - Level 13
    Laser Sniper Hit - Level 12
    Imperium HK 1100 rifle and E amp 11
    tt fap

What mobs should I hunt (slim bobs were crap)? baring in mind the wiki list doesn't give you mob level info or is not accurate

Thanks

Sn0wst0rmz

Wistrel and jetsina like this.
  2. jellyfish
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jellyfish Not suffering from insanity, enjoying it very much
    Mischievious

Society:
    The Magisterium
    edit. posted in wrong thread ><

and now i can't delete it lol.

anyway, i don't know much about low level mob hunting, but if you consider being a miner there are many ways to get lots of high MU ores and enmatters on cyrene.

look at the blue crystal for example, dropping like candy and you can get around 200% MU for it just to mention one.

3. Sn0wst0rmz
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Sn0wst0rmz Pro Miner
    Daring

Miner
    Society:
    none
    Yeah I'd luv to mine but I dont fancy flying back to calypso to grab my gear! If I fly back there I wont come back to Cyrene. But thanx for the tip.

4. jellyfish
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Mischievious

Society:
    The Magisterium
    *edit* west of base camp oak teleporter there are puny pleaks, they have 10 hp. and just north of setter docks there are puny crystal pedes. dont know if hunting them is worth it though

*edit again*
    i don't think you need anything other than the tt mining finder to get blue crystals.
    if you want to try it out go to A.R.C. camp gamma, from that tp and east i have found quite a few blue.

5. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

Hiya - most people wouldn't leave such detailed comments before leaving the planet again, so big +rep to you for this thread! :beerchug:

Just over the hill NE from Setter Docks and the 30 hp pedes there are also 30 hp bots that have much better mu loot (ty non for telling me - I found them, yes).
    East of ARC Camp Gamma are the ultimate noob challenge mobs with 90 hp.

I didn't know about the tt fap being so expensive. Is it because you aren't maxed on it? What heal range below max are you getting?

The problem is, almost no true newbies actually know what is unbalanced - just that their results are bad. When the missions started the dire weeds were very low hp, so I did the gardener (guy's) mission extremely easily. NOW the dire weeds have grown tougher, but the mission is still as it was.
    Even someone coming from Caly such as yourself is finding things hard because the balance is no longer there (or has never been there in some cases).

On the plus side, I am looting weapons now quite a bit. Unfortunately (that plus didn't last long), they are very low level, lower than the tt weaps even (but I am on the 90 hp mobs only right now). I may just save them up for a while and sell them on Caly hoping for novelty value...

For your hunting I'd recommend a shot or two with the higher weapon, then a finisher for the remaining health. That should be more efficient for you :) Good luck!

MindStar 9 likes this.
  6. jellyfish
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Mischievious

Society:
    The Magisterium
    Oh, and while you are here, make sure to do the mission for the free cyrene vehicle blueprints.
    The missions are free, they are "go here, now go there, now there" kind of mission. So just running around really
    The blueprints should give you some peds each. Not much, but hey, free money :)

For locations check out the missions section on the forum, the thread "need of salvation locations"

MindStar 9 likes this.
  7. Sn0wst0rmz
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Sn0wst0rmz Pro Miner
    Daring

Miner
    Society:
    none
    Hiya, Don't worry I'm not the type of person to just up and leave without giving something a chance. Anyway since that post I found some decent quests. Especially the one for killing 100 Tide Claws out on the beach which happens to be quite a nice place with Tide Claws and Sky Wraith (sexy mobs!).
    These are good for me to be getting along with. Will also try some tt mining laters also.

MindStar 9 likes this.
  8. jellyfish
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Mischievious

Society:
    The Magisterium
    If you like the tide claws, and they havent changed the mission reward, do the 500 and 1000 tide claws mission too, it should give you a blueprint that currently has around 200 ped market value. (A limited blueprint for unlimited enkidd howler s.4 gun)
    Though the value of the blueprint, as with everything, is subject to change. Could be worth more when you get it, could be worth less.

MindStar 9 likes this.
  9. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

dont have the time to write out a big response to your questions but if you find me ingame. ill give you some info. and or come back and repost here later.

MindStar 9 likes this.
  10. Sn0wst0rmz
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Sn0wst0rmz Pro Miner
    Daring

Miner
    Society:
    none
    Yo guys just got a 62 ped global on Wraiths... only the actuall value was 36ped total. What the....

[​IMG]

Apologies.

6x Bird wing in my inventory that didn't show in the loot window ^.^

Woot yeah... nice!

jellyfish and non like this.
  11. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

grats! Just to prevent any confusion - you got small bird wings in your loot, not the more common big ones. I haven't got an icon for those in my inventory either, just a big red cross.
    You just need a better fap now I guess ;)...

12. jellyfish
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Mischievious

Society:
    The Magisterium
    Big grats! :)

Whats that you got in your loot though? A gun, muscle oil, oil residue, and.... whats that other thingie?
    Gz again ^^

13. MindStar 9
    • Cyrene Pioneer

MindStar 9 Hoping for the Best
    Inspired

Home Page:
    It's nice to see the Cyrene community being so helpful. :thumbup:

jellyfish likes this.
  14. Sn0wst0rmz
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Sn0wst0rmz Pro Miner
    Daring

Miner
    Society:
    none
    Thanks jelly, they are "low grade power supply" apparently and I have no idea what they are for yet but I have a few hundred of them :)

15. jellyfish
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Mischievious

Society:
    The Magisterium
    Ahhhh... it looked like it, just thought it was weird to loot robot components from animals.. oh well :D

The low grade power supplies are used to craft light power cells. Those are used in some cyrene vehicle crafting.
    If im not misstaken you can hand in a couple of those crafted cells and get a spear vehicle.
    A guy somewhere in a.r.c. head quarters hands one out per player in exchange for a few cells

16. MindStar 9
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Inspired

Home Page:
    I think the low-grade power supplies can be refined into light cells and then one exchanged each day with Bruce at A.R.C. Headquarters for another item that can be used toward getting the free Spear vehicle, but also a component I believe that's used in a blueprint or two.

17. JaK UnLiMiTed
    • Cyrene Pioneer

JaK UnLiMiTed Member
    Buzzed

Trainer
    Society:
    Vigilante Justice
    Gratz... I think that you have a good chance at this point in time to do well here on this planet.. I personally kill lots of weeds and have looted many esi's. Flaxen has a good MU and will sell .. Many guns are lower level that are looted also, Heart heal box is good I would invest in that. I fancy dodge skills and so far I found that weeds give out the most dodge skills; kill with tt melee and L rascal or adjusted pixie, you will gain good health and dodge (not sure there is any good L armor for that here, at least I have not yet to find). Personally I dont know if I would do any mining with the equipment here, but if you go back and get your equipment, you may just find a good return; personally experience... Tide claws are decent looters but I have not yet got a good return on hunting runs killin them, maybe you do better. I suggest taking it slow and working one mob. Look me up; I am always willing to help and I know a few good mining spots that give return, will share :)
    GL

18. Lykke TheNun
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Lykke TheNun Well-Known Member
    Roflmao

Hi and welcome :)

It can be a challenge to start on a new planet, if one is used to another planet - and Cyrene is having new features too (like the Hub), so it's like 'starting over' for some :D But just because it's a new planet, doesn't mean the planet is only for newbies. It's created to be rough and brutal at times, to fit into the chronicles and story-line the planet is built up around.

But that's one of the great things about the Universe (IMO), that nothing is predictable which gives room for exploration and adventures!

As you can see there are already a great amount of help to get in our small but awesome community! And there are things which are newcomer-friendly too =)

I wish you many more globals (gratz :D) and good luck out there ^^

19. jellyfish
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Mischievious

Society:
    The Magisterium
    Mindstar, it's crafted into cells, not refined :)
    Otherwise the "light power cells blueprint" would serve very little purpose :)

But you got the info a tad wrong :) there is an npc that will daily give you one imperium token for one light power cell, and then there is crafter bruce that will give you a spear for 5 light power cells.

Unless things have changed :)

and yes, the light power cells are also used in some blueprints :)

*edit* the light power cells blueprint can be bought at technician for 1 pec, so don't buy it anywhere else ^^

20. MindStar 9
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Inspired

Home Page:
    Gotcha jelly, thanks for correcting that for me. :thumbup:

Been a while since I've done the dailies on Cyrene, so got confused.