1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Bug Report Nov. 28th, 2023 Official VU Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Technical - Suggestions and Bug Reports' started by Shawna | Cyrene, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Shawna | Cyrene
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Community Manager

Shawna | Cyrene Cyrene Official Planet Developer
    Sunshine

Lead Game Design, Community Manager
    :badbee:Please use this thread to post any bugs from the Nov. 28th, 2023 VU :badbee:

Attached Files:

2. Rusty Venture
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Rusty Venture Back on Cyrene
    Veggedout

Skylabs entrance thing doesn't work.

Zyn'ingle Elf still has mission popup dialog for "Find the missing holiday textures! (2022 edition)).

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
    Johaoninho likes this.
  3. Shawna | Cyrene
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Community Manager

Sunshine

That is because you still have the mission from last year.

As for Skylabs, you can enter it via rookie tp area at [Planet Cyrene, 138885, 77685, 132, Waypoint]

Johaoninho likes this.
  4. Pinkeye
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Pinkeye New Member

I have been unable to log in since VU. contacted support via chat and they said they couldn't help either. I get error "Navigation to webpage cancelled-internet connection error" tools and launch are greyed out. I was on cyrene crafting when servers went down.

Ive uninstalled, reinstalled, talked to support, etc. I rebooted the PC, said a few Hail Marys, and did the hokey pokey. Nothing seems to be working.

5. Shawna | Cyrene
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Community Manager

Sunshine

Hello Pinkeye,

I'm not sure what steps support walked you through, did they ask you to make sure your ports aren't blocked? Feel free to hit me up on discord (shawna) or inbox me here, or if you'd rather just keep it in this thread its up to you.

Cheers

Pinkeye likes this.
  6. Pinkeye
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Pinkeye New Member

I was essentially told there's nothing they could do after I uninstalled and reinstalled. So I backed up and reformatted the whole computer. Got in this morning....in typical fashion I played for 20 minutes before the servers are going down. Lol. Oh well...we will see how this update goes. I posted here because I hear Cyrene devs are the biggest help and most active.

Thanks for your offer of help. You guys are amazing.

Shawna | Cyrene likes this.
  7. Shawna | Cyrene
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Community Manager

Sunshine

Good to hear you are up and running. Thank you! We do our best to help out when and where we can. If you need anything else feel free to toss us a ping.

Stay Safe Out There! :bye:

8. Aeolus
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Aeolus Member

Society:
    Freelancer
    Do I understand correctly the Trabeculares drop for new armor plates has been stopped?
    And where to see the official position on this?

9. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    Hello Aeolus,

When the Trabeculars we're dropping too frequently, there was a discussion with Mindark to readjust, but we don't have any concrete information to share yet as we're waiting for an update.

It's difficult to give an update without having additional information.

As we know more we'll share it as soon as we have it.

Cheers,
    Kris

10. Aeolus
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Aeolus Member

Society:
    Freelancer
    Hello.
    Thanks for the answer in any case. But it remains not clear whether there are a drop chances now.
    If they are stopped, then at least some statement should have been issued about this. Otherwise the text of VU calls to look for something that does not exist.

11. tBANNA
    • Cyrene Pioneer

tBANNA Active Member
    Doh

Society:
    Entropy
    - not sure if is a bug or it's a change but the zeladoth cave does not have autoloot anymore

12. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Cool

Home Page:
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to update here:

These components are dropping again =)

We'll get this sorted ASAP.

Cheers,
    Kris

tBANNA and Aeolus like this.
  13. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

Can you please do something about the holiday magic amounts dropping, or get MA to do it if still firmly in their hands?
    The wave depletes far too fast every time I even enter the instance and find it happens to be on. In under 5 mins even on puny I may as well leave again; the holiday magic has done its trick, and disappeared.

While I'm here: grats on changing the conditions for the gun mission at the newbie area and additions this vu that progress slowly to higher crafting goals. But... have you got stats on how many people are giving up 50 badges each time out at the border? That is still hopelessly unbalanced in my opinion.

Oh, and can you PLEASE do something about the forum page settings for what gets shown where? Is there something that does latest posts regardless of whether a person has viewed the thread or not? Even the show all seems to have gone as an option from the new posts bit.
    edit: ahh, the best seems to be recent posts, but it's not very highlighted as a link. Maybe just show that on the bar too?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2023
  14. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Cool

Home Page:
    Hey jetsina,

This has been something we've been working and talking with MA about since the holiday stuff started, still progressing with them.

Thank you =)

Yeah, we do have those stats and I take the time to compile from the reports that we get about quest rates to improve our quest design going forward.

I almost always view the forum from recent activity: https://www.cyreneforum.com/recent-activity/ This is my homepage when I open it.

Cheers,
    Kris

15. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

Thanks for the helpful reply. I was going to add a bit more anyway, and as usual it is a problem for us players to know the difference between bugged design and unbalanced design, or even 'intended for now' design ...

I appreciate that work is being done on the loot 'dynamics'. I can see that various changes have been made that may also reflect things I have written about in the past about player numbers and the ability of the system to adapt on its own. Cyrene has tried various methods for adapting according to what players actually do, so may have played a very important role for the EU platform development as a whole, although the outward info on player activity per area and upgrading missions etc in those parts has stopped. It looks like the idea has continued, however, behind a curtain.

I now observe a system (edit: partially) in place that mimics a macro-economic policy which has not ever been proven to work, or is actively seen to have failed. It also mimics the laws of nature, or systems that can be explained using various 'semi-natural examples'. That part I like, as it adds a clear ability to tweak the pools, as it were. However, volumes and intermittency remain as problems, whichever infeed criteria are used. I also like the idea of turning the system on its head somewhat, to be honest, but I don't think it is balanced yet.
    I realise I cannot exactly call the gameplay bugged, but various features over time have 'simplified' gameplay to a point where I can now press just this key or that key every now and again, not even moving from one spot.
    It has always been the case that players try and outplay other players - we can mainly no longer outplay MA.
    I see moves by MA that allow us to now outplay players who have been breaking the rules to their own advantage in the past, so maybe that is the new 'source to be harvested' by clever players, rather than stopping the use of bots.
    Perhaps you quietly know what I mean.
    However, the balance as it is right now on this issue can result in my turnover being a lot lower than I would like it to be. For simplicity, it is still bugged for me.

If this virtual universe ever wins a nobel prize for economics, then maybe it will help this bugged planet we are on too! But that would also mean revealing some of the inside secrets at some point. The UE5 flow model in all its glory!!!

AHHHHH! That recent activity link is directly on the homepage! I had been trying to get to https://www.cyreneforum.com/find-new/posts?recent=1 somehow. Thanks for the tip - you've now added it to other places? Great!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2023
    Kris | Cyrene likes this.
  16. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

Somehow I doubt that MA will now implement changes over the Xmas period, even if it's for limited period drops over Christmas to New Year itself.
    It's not even a request to necessarily increase the dropped amount, but the spread, originally known as waves, but now also wavelets and even capped per-mob settings.
    Those per mob caps have been around for years now already, as well as other delimiters. Why can't MA or you put in sensible settings for the availability, even if it now fluctuates? Why does gameplay have to become even more stupid if we want to intelligently get at loots? You're pulling my brain apart guys!

I want to stress that I LIKE changes that put bots at a disadvantage, for example, but I only see small signs of this being the case with the 'information flows' available to us, up against even more easy bottable frameworks such as instances and their design. It is bringing in even more negatives instead of fewer, but I continue to believe it could be part of MA's (flawed?) plans, tbh.

Still, Happy Hols! May 2024 bring better win:win:win scenarios...

edit: note - the https://www.cyreneforum.com/find-new/posts?recent=1 shows more than 1 week of recent posts, however, so not just somebody's 'bumps' ... :)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2023
    Kris | Cyrene likes this.
  17. Aeolus
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Aeolus Member

Society:
    Freelancer
    For some reason, only Improved Trabecular drops. And excessively often. This is my personal opinion.
    Maybe everything was so conceived. But most likely something went wrong again. Because it is difficult to find logic in this.

18. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

It appears that twen tokens are not dropping on Cyrene at the moment. ... ... ... ... even the dots are getting tired of this universe when the platform provider screws over the pps' players again and again and again to a percentage of mu here and a percentage of tt there and whatever.

Update: twen tokens are now back, but the drops of holiday magic have remained, in my opinion, poorly spaced. However, global messages for holiday mobs have been reasonably frequent, showing that some people have been doing them, and the AH has had them available.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024
  19. Demonic Dream
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Demonic Dream New Member

5 months have passed, but Trabecular Augmented, still not dropping... unlike Trabecular Perfected which dropping out like garbage. Why is it needed if the Augmented one is missing? :angry: