1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

noob contest ideas

Discussion in 'Events' started by non, May 16, 2013.

1. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

for awhile now i have been thinking about some small contests to last a week or so for low level stuff. recently something came up ingame that makes me want to push this idea forward.

so that being said ive got a few ideas to run but you guys. would love some input.

hunting contest

ideally it would be low level mobs such as the 30hp scout bots, or puny pede since everyone can solo them.

but i like the idea of using the noob challenge mobs as part of this contest. but would this be to hard for newer players or what do you think. should teams be allowed and how would you check the loot sizes for the contest. unless you did it by global and that would be hard to do since the global so rarely.

should the contest be over all loot size or should it be amount of X item in loot. for the noob mobs it would be synth rubber i believe.

anyways any thoughts would be appericated.

another idea for a little higher skilled hunter would be largest loot on limited hp mobs say under 400hp verified by screenshot with entropia tracker.

mining contest

this would be using a cyrene tt finder only with no amps. pretty easy to verify this as entry would have to show the size of the find on the finder window and open inventory with no amp attatched to finder. any unknows would have to be disallowed sadly... unless someone could think of a way to verifiy that no amps were used and found using tt finder...

and a revival of turners natural stone contest for a nice free contest where no peds were to be spent.

crafting contest

not sure how to do this one. bit it would have to be with cyrene bps.

so please help me out with some feed back and advice on each of these ideas.

if you have any ideas for contest please post them here.

thanks for your time ;)

EDIT: thanatos had a good idea about a uphill race with spears. would be fun to have a race event also.

2. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

my main goal with this would be to get the mining and hunting contest to feed the crafting contest.

so hunting would be mobs like swamp lurkers and dire weeds or dire plants or noob weeds and swamp lurker primes. while the crafting would be tt bps such as weapons and shirts. and compoents. but chances are the weapons or shirt would loot bigger than the compoents.

dont know.

brainstorming with myself it seems ;)

3. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

probably be best and most fair to divide the a crafting contest into a few cats. such as tt weapons and shirt bps. components bps. and then vehicle bps.

4. Chris Spencer Schmidt
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Chris Spencer Schmidt Active Member
    Hot

Planet Cyrene Community Member!
    Society:
    German Dragons
    How about times with a PVP team event in Eve's Playground?
    2 teams of 3, all with TT equipment and TT weapons.
    If many teams participating, you could make in Death mode. The winner is always the next round. The only problem that I see the fluctuating HP would of experienced and newcomers. But since you could certainly find a solution.
    All teams pay a small appearance fee, which comes in a pot. The profit would be split among the top third

What do you think of it? I think the playground is still underused for fun and has the perfect location. And maybe you could also watch Lykke or Kris would also watch out for.