1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Wish List Make more pleak ranger missions...

Discussion in 'Technical - Suggestions and Bug Reports' started by mastermesh, Feb 20, 2018.

1. mastermesh
    • Cyrene Pioneer

mastermesh Active Member

Home Page:
    Society:
    Ministry
    I'm currently working on stage 3, but can tell I'll get to the higher level stages fairly quickly... top stage currently is stage 6? The
    Rare Pleak Wings for Ben Keeryrequires turning in 10000 Rare Pleak Wings
    ... not sure average player will earn that many rare wings by the time they finish stage 6?
    Would make more sense to make the upper level stages go on and on til you can earn the 10k wings yourself while still int eh ranger missions... or to make highest ranger mission repeatable, similar to the Monrian repeatables.

One thing I don't like about the puny missions on Calypso is the bone mission being what it is has some players doing nothing but grinding the puny for bones to sell at crazy high markup... which leaves rarer calypso puny loot out of hands of lower level players etc, which it was really originally intended for. Make the ranger mission go on til you get the 10k to keep that from happening here.... it's a fun little mission with fun little hp mob, but I can see that over time if things stay as they are it's just going to eventually become a mirror of what happens on Calypso at Icarus where certain individuals just keep grabbing all the 'good loot' year after year, like bullies on a playground?

2. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    Hey mastermesh,

I don't think it would be an issue to adjust the final stage to a repeatable mission.

Ideally, more inexperienced players would do these missions, and the higher level players would purchase the Pleak Wings from them, rather than the high level players spending time farming these weak mobs themselves.

That being said I don't think anyone wouldn't benefit from the final stage being repateable.

It's a slippery slope, that's for sure. It's also part of the reason the Pleak Wings currently only have 1 use at this moment. Right now we're keeping a close eye on not only how many Pleaks are killed but also how many wings and looted and how often the 10,000 wings are turned in for their reward. Not to mention the AH / MU of the wings.

If things start to get out of hand we'll do what we can and make some adjustments.

Cheers,
    Kris

Justine likes this.