1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Cyrene Winter 2023 VU Preview

Discussion in 'Planet Cyrene News' started by Kris | Cyrene, Nov 27, 2023.

1. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    Hey guys,

I’m here again to share the new additions, changes, and updates coming to Planet Cyrene this winter.

A big issue that we ended up needing to tackle was spawn density and crowding, and to this end we’ve created a myriad of instances to help with this.

Players can find a trio of solo instances with a small sweat cost have been added at 0x101 Supply Depot:
    [​IMG]

The Cave of Flesh where you can find all maturities, the Imperium is busy in here capturing and exporting these beasts to other areas of Cyrene.
    [​IMG]

Come to A.R.C. Forward Camp - ROOT and aid the A.R.C. Soldiers in a battle for the beach to try and contain these ROOT mechs.
    [​IMG]

Aerithalas, a newly opened plane of existence where all Vortexs can be found in an arid wasteland.
    [​IMG]

Located from an entrance near Rookie Training Area Teleporter and venture into the Sky Labs to hunt down natural Arrets that have broken out and into the halls of Sky Labs.
    [​IMG]

Dr. Elara Sterling is looking for Trabeculars, or spongy bones to help in the creation of new armor plating that is strong against cut damage.
    [​IMG]

Be on the lookout for Holiday Staffer Netley’s arrival to know when you can participate in the holiday cheer on Cyrene.
    [​IMG]

It’s that time of year again, where Zyn’oddy and Zyn’ingle have setup at 0x101 Supply depot to collect and use the Holiday Magic that’s found on special Cyrene creatures.
    [​IMG]

This year, there aren’t any free roaming holiday mobs, they’ve been contained to the A.R.C. Jolly Wonderland instance that you can access near Eve’s Playground in early December.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

A few changes have been made to the Rookie area, expanding the Weak Paneleon sweating grounds.
    [​IMG]

Mining Island has also been expanded to allow more room for mining.
    [​IMG]

Zyn’viathan - Part 5 of 10 - Stone and Rock has been adjusted, now requiring 5k finds down from 10k.
    [​IMG]

Of course, there’s more changes coming this winter too.
    Bug fixes and overall improvements, as well as additional cosmetic rewards for existing repeatable missions.

Thank you for Reading and thanks for playing on Planet Cyrene.

Cheers,
    The Cyrene Team

Attached Files:

2. Johaoninho
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Johaoninho Active Member
    Devilish

Hello,

Fantastic work on the new A.R.C. Jolly Instance! The music is a delightful touch, and the snowflakes ambiance adds a magical feel !!! Well done Cyrene !!!

Any link where we can download the music ? (edit: just noticed today the music is actually changing according to our moves...mind blowing rn)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
  3. Aeolus
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Aeolus Member

Society:
    Freelancer
    I checked many times. At first this NPC was not at all, then at some point it appeared, but was not active. Today I checked, it disappeared.
    Does this mean I missed the moment when it was actively? Can someone explain what kind of mission was?

4. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

My guess is that it was a bit of a dark humour joke, and just that when visible the other missions should be available. If other stuff was off, such as after maintenence or a patch, then we would know something was wrong as opposed to having no clue as usual. - a sort of Christmas egg if you will ...

5. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    Hey everyone, let me clear this up.

When the NPC in question is live, in this case Holiday Staffer Netley, that means the A.R.C. Jolly Wonderland and associated holiday missions are on, specifically listed in this thread by Shawna: >>LINK<<

This NPC does NOT give any missions.

I don't know if I would call it dark humor, but yes, it was intended to let players know if the holiday missions and instance were active =)

Cheers,
    Kris

jetsina likes this.
  6. Aeolus
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Aeolus Member

Society:
    Freelancer
    After your explanation, I understood the original meaning of the presentation of this NPC. And I felt ashamed of my misunderstanding, possibly partially because of my dementia, partly because of the language barrier.
    But in my defense, I can say an intuitive resistance to increasing the number of NPCs without obvious necessity, and the transfer of this intent to the developers. Intuition has failed.

7. Rusty Venture
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Rusty Venture Back on Cyrene
    Veggedout

I don't see why Dr. Elara Sterling exists, she doesn't offer hints towards the crafting, nor does she take the items. She is a useless npc and this 'flavour' text only serves to confuse players

"Dr. Elara Sterling is looking for Trabeculars, or spongy bones to help in the creation of new armor plating that is strong against cut damage."