1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Bug Report Bugs july 1st

Discussion in 'Technical - Suggestions and Bug Reports' started by sostoned, Jul 1, 2014.

1. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

harmony Well-Known Member
    Busy

-in the 5 ped arena there is still a 'replace me' sphere at (218,234,287)
    -in the 2 ped arena you can enter it and get stuck immediately at 344,237,164 without being able to move
    -on the kill'em missions in the hub when collecting the reward it says:

You may come and complete this in 21 hours. It looks like a word is missing there.

Maybe something like You may come back and complete this again in 21 hours?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  2. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    Maybe the robots are not sophisticated enough to have fully learned the nuances of our language and that is their best translation? Different world, different dialects, languages etc etc.
    Think of how many dark electrons they can save over the life of the game by not using those two words? I bet the energy would be enough to power a small shopping booth :{)

sluggo

3. Manny
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Manny Member

Society:
    Good Omens
    Seems that mission counters are back to the previous style with VU 14.9. Good news is I'll stop apologizing for people don't having counters, bad news is that I really liked the sub-objective look and was looking forward to "unlocking" all the missions.

Still, it doesn't look 'broken' any more and I guess that is a win :)

4. Manny
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Manny Member

Society:
    Good Omens
    And I need to retract :)

Seems 'reverting' was due to a global VU bug that got fixed in one of the numerous patches. No complains from me :)

5. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    Either way, if it got fixed then thats a good thing. Now they can concentrate on more important matters. We know where I am going with this :p

sluggo.

6. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Busy

The Red Molten and lave infused Golems are in a 'trapped' state way too often. If you can disable trapping mode on those then that would be great. I don't think it is possible to trap them there, and even if it was i'm sure the trappers wouldn't dare to do it in lootable pvp :)

killing speed is about 1/3rd of what it should be, due to waiting for them to become reachable.

7. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    Did you guys #$#k with hit boxes this last update? Seems crystalpedes are a pain to hit now, same with tree dragons. Panelions the box seems to have shrunk, and dusters it seems to have shrunk / centered more on them.

I see the numbers are fixed kind of, but it seems some missions they still don't show you the X part of x/xxx completed. Some it seems you have to kill some, or talk to the task giver or go to an area or something to activate the 'fix'.... its wierd.

and BTW loot sucks totally tonight.... in all 3 areas....thanks guys.

I also see that Arkadia has opened some auctions on shopping booths. What gives here?

sluggo

8. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Busy

I think there is a shop algorithm, everytime you ask about the shops the algorithm adds 10 days to the releasedate, so we'll have to wait at least 3 more years by now :)

On a more serious note:
    The miner 49'er bot at A.R.C. headquarters didn't have enough miners coming around so it started to mine itself.
    This unfortunately resulted to him becoming stuck under the ground at [129137, 82650, 129] where willing miners are unable to reach him :(

9. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    Hey guys,

No Partner Content was added in the last update, any changes that have been made happened as a result of the VU the was put out by MindArk. I will look into any issues that have arisen because of it.

As for the shopping booths, while I can't reveal what the plan is with them yet I will say that everything is in the works.

Cheers,
    Kris

10. Paul Jetman Masters
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Paul Jetman Masters Well-Known Member
    Spaced

if you use 'select next target' then 'show status bar' when the npc is selected and next double click the bar you can access some missing npc's, if the 'select next target' doesn't work, spawn a vehicle next to the miner bot and use 'select next target' again, it should work now

sluggo, harmony and Manny like this.
  11. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    Thanks for the tip Paul, I might have to try that and hopefully there is enough open space to spawn a vehicle next to the bot.
    sluggo.

12. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Busy

On the A.R.C. Challenge 500 crystal pedes the mission brokers tells you one of the rewards can be evasion, while in fact it is evade. (evasion is an unlockable skill, evade is the regular skill). In the mission centre itself the reward shows correctly.

13. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Busy

in the hub, when talking to the mission broker about summoning the beast while you are no gladiator you get the text:

You are no gladiator to get this info!

That makes no sense?

How about chaning it to: You're no gladiator, come back when you've proven your skills or something like that?

14. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Busy

Also in the PvP Daily Kill Mission Broker, there are no items remaining for the consumables. Which is odd since in the last week noone has finished any of the pvp missions.

15. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Cool

Home Page:
    Thanks harmony,

I will ask MA about the missing consumables as well as see about clarifying that the Proving Grounds Coat of Arms is needed to talk to the Summoner.

Cheers,
    Kris

16. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    More bugs. The mermaids on the mermaid beach head are really bad hunting now. They are hard to see, they blend right in with the tundra, especially at night and the hit boxes on them are really screwed up. They are very hard to target and hit, the hitbox is very small and they do flips and stuff which makes it even more difficult. They run all over the place too, targeting and locking is a lesson in patience. Now tie this in with lag and jerky video and it is very not fun there right now.

Remember when they first came out with the hit boxes modifications and they were severely molested? Way too small, buggy, and at odd angles / places. It is almost as if they reverted back to that algorithm for them on the mermaids. There are times when you are aiming at a mob in the distance, it's status bar is lit up above it's head, meaning you ARE on it, you fire and it's a null shot, it doesn't connect. (and NO it's not a range issue)

Crystalpedes are kind of wonky too but not nearly as bad as the mermaids. I mentioned panelions in an earlier post but I am seeing that MA did something to most the mobs and hit boxes here.

If I had to prioritize a fix, Id have to now say that mermaids are the worst.

Thank you for listening to me cry, and as a reward, I won't mention shops :p

sluggo.

17. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    One more bug. Paul mentioned the miner49er bot at HQ being under ground, the one at southern base is underground as well.

I ran into the issue where I could not engage it for conversation / mission and asked on the Cyrene channel and I forget who helped me but want to say THANK YOU. On this...

The trick of making sure you have NOTHING equipped then using the 'target' and/or 'select next target' button to highlight it and then use the 'operate' button, all of which can be grabbed from your book of actions worked like a charm.

sluggo.

18. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Cool

Home Page:
    Hey sluggo,

The miner49r bots should be fixed for the next Partner VU =)

I have to guess you are talking about the Merfolken in the swamps near southern base. I will look into this and see what is causing the issue as there hasn't been any content updates from us since the July 1st Mini Patch.

Cheers,
    Kris

19. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Busy

Any preview of what's coming in the next update? It's getting boring without new bugs to report over here :cheer:

20. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    Yes the merfolken are the ones. They have a very small I guess you could say cross sectional area to aim on to begin with. They are kind of crunched in with the 'shrubbery' there and are nearly impossible to see to begin with. Often times you only see them when they move and leave that little dust cloud, even using your radar to try to find them.

Now I know taking a shot at the limits of your rifle is not supposed to be easy but the aim spot on these is nearly impossible to hit, even when they are very close in. At a distance it's like it's one pixel by one pixel it seems, and they kind of bob and move around almost constantly so getting a lock on them is nearly impossible. When they are closer in, the hit box is very small and again with their movement, even right on top of them, you pretty much got your weapon on top of it's head or square in the middle of it's back / stomach and miss the hit box. Throw in the acrobatics they do and well, you get the idea.

The mer's always have been a little tricky to hit but it seems like they reverted back to how the hit boxes were when they first came out with them and they are very screwed up on them.

Im not so much complaining about them being hard to see, acrobatic etc but the hit box thing is the main issue, can they open it up a little bit. It just seems common sense if the thing is slobbering on you and you have your weapon pointed in it's chest and pull the trigger, with a shotgun, you should hit something :D

thank you

sluggo