1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Attn: Cyrene Community

Discussion in 'Community' started by Menace, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Menace
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Menace Active Member

Hey Ya'll! As most of you know, I've had some "issues" with several Cyrene members here on the forums lately..... Well.... since I've decided to make Cyrene my home actually. I just want you all to know, that even though I can be a hard-ass sometimes and even a complete arsehole, I've been trying really hard to respect everyone here and get along with everyone. I know I can come across in the wrong way at times but I really have just been trying to give constructive criticism and offer something positive to Planet Cyrene and it's community.

I have no intentions of leaving Planet Cyrene (Well unless the officials kick me out). It would make things a lot easier on everyone if we could all just accept each other. We don't have to agree with each other. We're all entitled to our own opinions. However, there's no need for every post I make to turn into a babysitting job for the forum mods. They have more important things to do.

I understand that in ANY society it takes a newcomer time to become accepted by the "locals". And that hurdles often have to be overcome. I am not here to take your loot and run away back to Calypso with it. I am not here to "take over" your planet. I am not here to seek out favoritism from forum mods or game officials. I'm just here to enjoy a well put together planet and hopefully give back to the community in order to help ensure a high volume of player retention.

I understand that it's stressful to have a player show up with the skills, gear, and PED card to potentially have the ability to "get lucky" and loot something really good after the long term players have been busting their asses trying to loot that item. I understand that if I DID get lucky it would understandably make a lot of people "sour". And I can respect that. If that scenario ever played out.... the best I can promise is that I won't gloat about it and that any PEDs I may make on Cyrene will also be spent on Cyrene.

I'm really not a bad guy, and to be frank... my STUPID playing style would be good for the economy of Cyrene.

In the end, I'm not going anywhere. I plan on staying here unless things go south development wise (which I can't see happening).
    Losing sleep because I post constructive criticism is just not worth it. If I'm being a prick to the game dev team about something... then sure... by all means stick up for your planet and it's dev team. That's not been happening though.

I'm not going to cease from posting on the forums for fear that one person my attack me and that will be followed by an onslaught of follow up bull crap.

There's nothing wrong with a gentleman's debate....... and you're welcome to disagree with me and criticize my opinions/views/thoughts. Name-calling and blatant trolls however are NOT the way to go about that and it'll be a miserable next 10 years if that's the way things are handled.

Just because I say something that may be a negative opinion on something in-game doesn't mean I'm bitching. It just means I'm offering my opinion. No need to attack someone just because they're "new here" or don't share the same views as the core handful of Cyrenians.

Hopefully we can all get along from this point forward and this forum battling over nothing will be put to rest. I really don't have the energy to keep this up as I don't see any good coming from it in the future.

GL and HoF big!

Menace

Puck, MindStar 9, Nor Alien and 3 others like this.
  2. Master Chief
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Master Chief Smuggler - Hibernation
    Angelic

CSR
    Society:
    Irken Invaders
    No Comment Needed, But glad we can all come to sense and co-exist. Well done Menace.

-The Chief

Kris | Cyrene likes this.
  3. Menace
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Menace Active Member

We'll see if we can still co-exist after I loot that Fap that heals for 200 @ 40 click/min for .5 peC per click. :)

Joking of course.... unfortunately. :)

Menace

4. Master Chief
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Master Chief Smuggler - Hibernation
    Angelic

CSR
    Society:
    Irken Invaders

I'll be on vacation be back Thursday, Hof Big.

5. Menace
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Menace Active Member

Oh... and here's a stern warning..... Rick Robotech Master from Obsidian Society (yeah a SOC m8 of mine) says that if he catches anyone giving me a hard time on the forums or in-game he's gonna take ya into the HUB and lay a PVP whoopin' on ya so bad it'll take 10 revive terminals to bring ya back!

That being said... I do not endorse that message! So if he goes missing and a few of his avatar's body parts are found scattered around the HUB a few weeks time, it's not my problem.....

Menace

MindStar 9 and Master Chief like this.
  6. Jeanni
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Jeanni Member

Society:
    Planet Express
    As i wrote to u in PM already... i´m sorry if i was a bit rude as we met first.

I´m happy about any Player that stays @ cyrene. Lets start over again, and Play together in a better way now :)

Master Chief likes this.
  7. Menace
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Menace Active Member

Listen guys/gals.... I'd really rather become friends with all of you as opposed to become enemies.... You can ask Mindstar9. Her and I are like oil and water.... at some point (have no idea how) we just came to an understanding and we get along great! I'm really an easy person to get along with. That being said... if ya poke at me there's no way in hell I'm gonna back down. I'm like a rabbid raccoon when someone challenges me. I'm like that IRL and I'm like that online. The flip side to that coin..... is that I'm also very protective of my "friends", both IRL and online (as much as one can be friends online). Even if you're wrong.... if you're my friend I'll stand behind you. And you don't have to give me a kidney to be friendly with me. :)

I'm not one to let fear and common sense stand in my way (the 2nd part is what usually gets me banned from forums). So in short... attacking me on a public forum will just cause more headaches than it's worth for everyone involved. Best off having a beer with me and killing shit in game. :)

cheers,

Menace

MindStar 9 likes this.