1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Buying 550k Lime Green tokens from The Proving grounds

Discussion in 'Trading' started by George Skywalker, Dec 1, 2013.

1. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

passively camped in the pg for 4 hours so far and collected 591 tokens. so at 6 k per ped with out shooting sweating is more profitable for a noob considering gained skills and sweat.

keep in mind this is with only 2 functional spawns and no one else there to shoot. so things change if thoese factors change.

2. George Skywalker
    • Cyrene Pioneer

George Skywalker Active Member
    No Mood

Added lime green token count to first post to track progress

3. TunerS
    • Cyrene Pioneer

TunerS Travelling through time...
    Curious

Society:
    Brainstormers
    Did a small test in the Proving Grounds today. If players would try to farm tokens by killing each other it would cost around 0.016PED/4 Tokens. Atm. player isn't healed when entering in arena so it takes 1 HK shot to take him down. 1 shot = 0.0058PED in ammo and very small decay, let's just make it ~0.006PED total. Then we take into account 5 sweat, if we buy it for 2PED/k (I'm sure you can get it cheaper on Calypso in large stacks), then it is another 0.01PED. In the end we get ~0.016PED cost for 4 Lime Tokens. 1k tokens would mean 250 kills and that is ~4PED total. 4PED/1k is as cheap as it could get by fighting.

Coat cost would then be ~2200PED

Any volunteers? :D

This is probably the answer to this question:

4. George Skywalker
    • Cyrene Pioneer

No Mood

Thanks TunerS for the calculations/tests.:beerchug:

So if I'm paying 6ped per 1k token that means if someone were to collect all 550k tokens and sell to me they would make a profit of 3.3k-2.2k = 1.1k peds...

5. TunerS
    • Cyrene Pioneer

TunerS Travelling through time...
    Curious

Society:
    Brainstormers
    Divide it by 2 as you need at least 2 players with this method, also count in that after each kill you need to wait 10 seconds (reviving time) + at least 5 seconds for another entering attempt as after you accept the entrance fee you get dropped back to revive yet again + another average 10 seconds at best to track each other down = 25 seconds for 1 kill = 137500 kills = ~955 freaking hours!!!

No thank you :D

6. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

harmony Well-Known Member
    Busy

Well i run to the hub when i login and just before i logout to collect some tokens on the ground for a few days now. Am at 579, will let you know when/if i reach 1k :)

7. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    Hey guys,

I just wanted to weigh in on the Coat of the Proving Grounds. This item is intended to be a long term goal, and is not expected to be collected in the span of 1 VU. I think that Cyrene has shown that it wants to reward long term players, and this is no exception. One thing to note (especially for you George) is that there will be events that take place where many of these lime tokens may be earned for winning such events. We really did not want to see anyone overpay for such tokens because of a lack of communication.

I can't really say too much but, this coat is NOT just for wild looks (and yes it is meant to be flashy, gaudy, I dare even say, ugly), but if you wear one of these coats, you'll be able to get a access to unique missions in future content VU's by talking to specific NPC's.

How far in the future, is hard to say, as with many things on Cyrene the changes that happen are because of the players, how they play and what they do. There may also be limits on such items before they are changed to new rewards, making these very limited, though once again this is not information I am allowed to hand out. Please, always keep in mind that Cyrene does things a bit different. If something seems really odd and does not make sense, it is because we are giving you a clue that change is about to happen. Since this is still soft launch, this information is released a bit more. In the future, I doubt I will be allowed to disclose such information. That said, you have been warned, and advised as best as I could. Ed was kind enough to let me hand out this tidbit and I hope it helps you all better make the choices you need and realize the aspect of risk/reward.

Hope I didn't say too much, but the players are a major focus for us and we always want to be as open as we can.

Cheers,
    Kris

Sub-Zero and non like this.
  8. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

harmony Well-Known Member
    Busy

ohh with that new information the price went op to 60 ped per k george :)

Well that plan backfired bigtime :)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    non likes this.
  9. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

sounds really neat :D

10. George Skywalker
    • Cyrene Pioneer

No Mood

Thanks for the reply Kris but I think you have said far too much. Not only have you confirmed certain things for me but you have given me additional information which I wasn't too sure about. I think this highlights one of the reasons why MindArk tend to stay quiet. They have gone through such things in past as well no doubt and I believe arrived at the conclusion silence is the best option. Which understandably players don't like, it's a dilemma this game will find hard to resolve.

I apologise for making this thread and partly feel at fault here because it's my actions that have led to this.

Under the circumstances I'm not sure what more to say. As a player it's more difficult for me as I don't have as much info as yourself only theories, which may or may not be right...

11. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

i disagree with you about being to much info. and caly does give info out like that also i believe. i seem to remember them giving out info about the aurli mission needing to be done to enter the spot to farm for bones. i could be wrong of course.

we need people in the hub playing. have some use for a really hard to get coat adds desirablity to being in there shooting and farming tokens. which adds more fun for me if there is some one else shooting in there or atleast someone to shoot at. its been pretty dead in there lately since the entrance tokens stoped dropping and it was always a fun way to spend a ped or 2 over the course of an hour and have some fun.

i think that the use for the coat should have been included in the vu notes to be honest.

12. George Skywalker
    • Cyrene Pioneer

No Mood

@non yes you are right about that but but.....and it is here I must stop talking, self-censorship. At least I think you are because sometimes MA do release info although can't think of any specific examples on top of my head...

13. Clayton Chubby Pugster
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Clayton Chubby Pugster Old School Gamer
    Lurking

retired, 13 years X-Military
    Society:
    Vikings of Entropia
    I will be buying the tokens for 6 PED/K at the Supply Depot for Ace, prolly every 1/2 hour on my hunting loot dumps. Please look for my sale/buy brodcasts there, thank you.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  14. impeachment
    • Cyrene Pioneer

impeachment New Member

Truth is that lime green tokens are worthless. The only thing you can buy is coat.
    You need 550000 - yes 550k lime green tokens and you get coat worth 5 peds.
    1100 tokens you can farm few hours is worth 1 pec.
    I see you all here exposing corectly economy of cyrene hub lime green tokens.

15. George Skywalker
    • Cyrene Pioneer

No Mood

Your probably completely wrong. That coat is probably very valuable. Priceless items don't always have a label on them saying "Priceless item buy me".

It takes a lot of effort to get and has only 5 ped TT value which is quite nominal.
    Do you really think having the coat as worthless will make people want to get lime green tokens? nope it won't, to encourage people to collect lime green tokens the coat has to be valuable.

Sometimes what looks like the most worthless and useless item can be the complete opposite. The coat appears to fit that bill perfectly.

Hopefully with the update tomm some of the mystery surrounding this coat will be revealed.

kenji likes this.
  16. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

hope you find yourself somthing nice today :)

17. kenji
    • Cyrene Pioneer

kenji Active Member
    Cool

Society:
    Cyreans
    Someone else need to get the Coat of the Proving Grounds too, so Ace can have a friend who can play with inside the secret rooms that will open for him. GL for many discoveries and have fun there mate. :shoot:

18. George Skywalker
    • Cyrene Pioneer

No Mood

I was beginning to have my doubts again....guess time to log in and find out for real! :bandit:

Woot my coat has changed to female and i have to decide to become a woman!! yikes !!! :xxxlaugh:

I'm hoping it's not that ;)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  19. George Skywalker
    • Cyrene Pioneer

No Mood

update: can't log in due to Gold Card issue...

I think the game updated successfully though.