• Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Bug Report June 13th, 2023 Official VU Bug Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xen

The mission has been adjusted and it will stop auto-cancelling after the mini patch.

There are two missions currently that require 2,500 badges:
-Zyn'viathan - Zyn'viathan - Part 9 of 10 - A.R.C. Loyalty - complete rewards part 9 of 10 coin which is tradeable
-Zyn'viathan - Rare & Exclusive "Diamond in the Rough" Texture Blueprint - complete rewards UL BP

If you don't actually want to do these missions yourself, you don't have to because the BP is UL and tradeable. As well as all the coins are tradeable.

Now I say currently because Zyn'viathan - Rare & Exclusive "Diamond in the Rough" Texture Blueprint will be lowered to 2000 badges and 1000 bone-out-meat after the mini patch.
(this mission is currently disabled until the changes can go live)

It doesn't seem right that some will slave away collecting 75k sweat, then also turn in 2000 badges and 1000 bone-out meat just to get the bp, while others will just borrow it. The bp should have been made untradeable.

jetsina

I don't understand you Xen. Surely somebody borrowing is up to the person who got it, so there may be a borrowing fee, or not, applied by the owner.
I do see a possible problem with groups sharing the costs and the bp, with others not part of the group being left out.

It depends on the openness and atmosphere created by the players, but also on the opportunities presented by the devs in whatever environment.
It starts with whether or not I can ask in a chat where I might find a person with what I'm looking for, or whether people are ignored. Socs and guilds may be in some form of development for ue5, so I hope devs take care to try and encourage 'friendly gameplay', 'business opportunities' etc, and not content that may as well be considered bugged for those people who do not find the right access to things.

The main vu thread is now open for discussions, by the way. Here should be for actual bugs in the future, I believe, although I did post about balancing etc. here before the main thread was opened ...

Reactions: San

Rusty Venture

Back on Cyrene
1. No one has completed the mission for the BP. No one has one yet as the meat requires is a lot to gather.
2. The sweating missions were available for many months if not over a year before this update, lots of time to complete.
3. Getting sweat back for near attempts crafting is an intended method to complete the mission, as you’re meant to craft the component A and B using sweat.

Shawna | Cyrene

Cyrene Official Planet Developer
The BP was discoverd 20 June, it used to require only badges.
Actually, it was never just badges it always required bone-out-meat and badges, we adjusted the amount needed. Before it was 2,500 of both bone-out-meat and badges but after the changes it is now 2k badges and 1k bone-out-meat.

The Blue ROOT escaped from its cage and wandered off :)

I presume the red one can also escape and wander off since they have same cage design

I will check it out to see how these crafty robots sneak out and make some adjustments. ;)

HcTz

So any news about what pet it's going to be? any stats? It's $6 000 cost pet, it would be fair we know what stats pet has before we lose too much of our hard earned money.

Thank you

Wingpool

So any news about what pet it's going to be? any stats? It's $6 000 cost pet, it would be fair we know what stats pet has before we lose too much of our hard earned money.

Thank you
I am as excited as you are to see the stats. Worst case scenario, we might see it after the pet gets discovered so you have the choice to wait it out or work towards it now.

morgoth

Cannot turn in speedy 6 to complete stage 10 upgrade :(

SIHEARTBUG.jpg
SIHEARTBUG2.jpg

Regarding Private "Snow" Landon's weapons mission...

PRINT SCREEN 2023-09-23 22-36-33.jpg

PRINT SCREEN 2023-09-23 22-36-45.jpg

I dont know if this mission is from this VU or another , but... Is it really necessary to spend 18.5ped for a bad 9.25ped TT (L) gun or 32ped for a 15.50 TT (L) gun? Are you sure that SOMEONE is going to do this mission? Or weapons must be UNL???

Kris | Cyrene

Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs
Staff member
Hey Dante Antorius Inferno,

Regarding Private "Snow" Landon's weapons mission...

I dont know if this mission is from this VU or another , but... Is it really necessary to spend 18.5ped for a bad 9.25ped TT (L) gun or 32ped for a 15.50 TT (L) gun? Are you sure that SOMEONE is going to do this mission? Or weapons must be UNL???

We weren't sure if players would or wouldn't be interested in this mission due to the restrictions that we have when creating them via balancing.

Really we're trying to give players more options to use the their loot and this is one of the ideas that we got approval to try.

Cheers,
Kris

jetsina

Regarding your recent answer to Dante [original Kris quotes now edited back out because I think it's better just to read his reply above than what I 'extracted' ...]

So you have unbalanced balancing restrictions that then need approval for their unbalancedness?
If I understand correctly, the initial 'result' was even way worse than after the bug fix update. Apparently, somebody had worsened the deal away from the suggested amount. I believe the 2:1 ratio Dante mentions is the old figure. What is the new amount: equivalent to 20% mu or so?
As I read somewhere else, it seems like teaching players to recognise scams early on in game.

Overall, I like the current direction of new thinking and trying things out, though :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.