1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Trees?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Iceflame, May 10, 2017.

1. Paul Jetman Masters
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Paul Jetman Masters Well-Known Member
    Spaced

just a thought, DNA units arn't currently lootable on Cyrene

jetsina likes this.
  2. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    Hey guys,

I do want to say that I don't know anything about fishing being implemented into the game at this time and have no information on it relating to EU, we're just sort of spit-balling here.

Man this sounds really awesome, a lot of RPG/MMO games have fishing and it's really varied from an entertaining mini-game to a full fledged profession. Although I don't think it's really something that we'd be able to do alone without "MAHQ".

I do agree that many of the things should be more accessible / inexpensive would be the best option.

So some plateaus with creatures on top? or are they triggered to spawn somehow? I'm not against it. I also like the idea of drill bots dropping ore, or maybe refined ore, see about that on in the future.

Not too sure about boats though, while I'll concede the point that Cyrene has a fair amount of water, a boat here would have to travel the long way around to get many other places that'd be easier/faster to fly to.

This is sort of our of our control here, I did want to ask: if you shoot blindly at prey that is in range but unable to be seen, do hits against it register?

I'm very pro all these ideas: Janus buildings, Cyrene fruit, if possible fishing.

So it's basically the same system as gardening, but with a different look, sound really achievable when that time comes, however I don't have enough knowledge off hand to say that with any sort of certainty.

I think this will play into the Dynamic Upgrade Map, I'll explore this further with the team.

Sounds really cool =)

I'll pass it along.

200%, seems about right for the speed of implementation vs usage.

Thanks for this information, puts it into a better perspective.

I always hope for the best, but ideally by the time we're at the stage to implement this for Cyrene the majority of the kinks and bottlenecks will be identified so we can avoid as many as we can.

Of course, gathering professions in many games are scattered across different play-styles. While I'll admit that Cyrene now has a lot packed into 1 game server I still feel confident that we have a fair amount of spaces that are unoccupied by both mobs & NPCs.

Cheers,
    Kris

jetsina likes this.
  3. Paul Jetman Masters
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Paul Jetman Masters Well-Known Member
    Spaced

i think this is a an MA thing, the higher the Threat Level, the further they can be seen on radar and screen, its not a setting the player can change. I guess its an optimazation to prevent 4000 punys spawning in the distance.

you can see this in action when hunting mid kerbs mixed with stalkers, as there is a large difference in lvl, the stalkers appear on radar edge, while you run towards its many smallers ones will start to appear. it sometimes can be used to catch big spawns, if you know 99% of mobs vanish at the second line of the radar and one spawns outside that, you know its a bigger mob

jetsina likes this.
  4. DaughterofAnarchy
    • Cyrene Pioneer

DaughterofAnarchy Active Member

Student
    Society:
    Freelancer
    I would sure be interested in doing it, even if only for skill gains.