1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Planet Cyrene - October 2016 Update

Discussion in 'Planet Cyrene News' started by Kris | Cyrene, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

I think I'm at the stage of wanting a full "function audit" for Cyrene. Which missions require what, and for what reward, plus which missions are working properly and what are the rewards useful for?
    At a pinch, what are the rewards supposed to be useful for in the future?

I had a chat recently with somebody who is enjoying Cyrene, so it is possible ;).

Also, I give permission to reveal my 'hidden' mission counters statuses here. Would that mean that I can return to Cyrene, cancel those missions, and have them reset with a visible counter at the revealed value? Even knowing what the hidden value is on stuff like tide claws might persuade me to return and finish them (as long as I know which tide claws etc. actually advance the respective counter!).

As things stand, however, even a potential return to Cyrene is looking less and less likely. I am genuinely sorry that things are not working out!

2. Karmic
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Karmic Member
    Mischievious

Hard launch will need a change in a lot of the cyrene blueprints too. I don't know if anyone clicks on most of this stuff considering the ingredients and in the past couple years since they were weapons, for example on other planets have gotten a lot more eco. I just looted a blueprint that as one of it's ingredients has 100 broken scorpions, really?! using rare drop items is fine but 100 uncommon drops for a single click, even if the gun were worth making i have a 72 click blueprint, the math is scary. A good crafting system can make or break a planet economy, make sure you have some things worth making.

Using turn ins of crafted components to make mech parts to make a mech might make some of these clicks worth doing. It seems natural to be able to customize your mech using acid reflective or cold reflective coating etc, but we will see.

Lack of any changes for over half a year is disappointing. I know you are saving up a lot for hard launch, but, there should be at least a part of the team dedicated to making small improvements and fixes. It's a little late for that now though.

I do like cyrene and i like all of the daily skill missions that let you get skills a bit at a time instead of not getting anything till you kill 10k mobs, i like being able to double up kills on epic and normal missions etc. Keep adding more of the epic style quests and make more uses for existing items, don't add a ton of brand new resource loots when you launch.

Thanatos and Hec like this.
  3. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

Karmic uses those two little words that are growing steadily in my mind when I think of Cyrene - the planet of 'even if'.

"even if the gun were worth making i have a 72 click blueprint, the math is scary." Not just scary in my opinion, totally ridiculous.

My final card in the game of trying to think of reasons like a Cyrene dev is that it all comes down to the (blind?) hope that when finally more people are playing on Cyrene, more of each mat might be made available. Except that 'even if' Cyrene got more players somehow, the balance would still be so far out that it wouldn't work even then.

Unfortunately, this "unbalanced so much it hurts" virus seems to have now infected other planets too. I don't know if that strengthens or weakens hopes of a cure.....

4. Lilmc | Cyrene
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Lilmc | Cyrene Former Official of the greatest community. Staff Member
    Yeehaw

Hello everyone!

I understand the blueprints for several items is unbalanced at this time. We're currently looking into ways to balance or create new blueprints with a more reasonable material requirements.

-Lilmc

jetsina likes this.
  5. Dibbler
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Dibbler New Member

Society:
    none
    Sounds like your stuck between a rock and a hard place Kris, thankyou for the explanation of why things are delayed. If people read between the lines you can see you guys are waiting on stuff you can't do as a PP, at least that's how things came over to me.

Kris | Cyrene likes this.
  6. Justine
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Justine Well-Known Member
    Sunshine

Ok fap work now :

[Neff's Stim Pack]

i'll upload picture later

krasko, harmony and Kris | Cyrene like this.
  7. Angel O2 Mercer
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Angel O2 Mercer Member
    Spaced

Woah, 75.0-100.0 heals. I regret selling my parts so much, a couple of tiers and you are at uber level heals.

Many congrats on the new toy Justine !

PS: If you wanna do a quick decay test I will update entropedia.

8. San
    • Cyrene Pioneer

San Sandal San Tolk

Home Page:
    Society:
    OldTimers
    Cool, big thank you :dance:

Justine likes this.
  9. Justine
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Sunshine

Thx alot :)

Don't be happy, this is a useless Fap, 9 pec decay... Mostly crafted or L fap are better

Be happy for your parts, now parts cost TT

Angel O2 Mercer likes this.
  10. Angel O2 Mercer
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Angel O2 Mercer Member
    Spaced

I think it's still a very nice fap, I will update entropedia with 9.0 pec decay.

Thank you :)

Justine likes this.
  11. San
    • Cyrene Pioneer

San Sandal San Tolk

Home Page:
    Society:
    OldTimers
    Some are, but useless it is not. Actually not too shabby at all. It is a combat/emergency fap, use something else to heal up in between.

Its level requirement is pretty high. I'm a long way from using it, rather went the Bioregenesis route. Ah what, plenty of time to help Zora then.

12. Justine
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Sunshine

Not sure, you can have fap like this one with crafting with a lower level for use. No need to do an Epic mission chain...

55k ped cycle for claim Opzyn S1x4, 2.82 eco + around 15k ped cycle for claim all parts from the queen + lvl 55 paramedic needed for juste a 9.72 eco fap ... there is something wrong.

Feddback for this fap is :

Recommanded level 55 - I'm ok to work for this level but not for a tool like crafted fap
    75-100 heal - Good i like that !
    24 use per min - excelent !
    Durability - Average - 9 pec decay per use - OMG ! Why to spend time and money for that !

9.72 eco fap, this is really bad for an epic mission. Craft your fap you will save time and money :(

I received alot PM with many gratz. Thx to all for that, i am happy to get the discover and an ATH item rare ! :D

To Cyrene dev : i am sorry, with this discover, ppl won't do anymore the Tanhok epic chain, because its not worth to do it.

Thanatos likes this.
  13. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

Thanks for the update on this. Another chain bites the dust. I suspect all chains need overhauls.... they may have been planned years ago now and stats have moved on....

Justine likes this.
  14. Justine
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Sunshine

I say useless because 95% of players, maybe more, can't use it, there is not much uber in paramedic, and these uber wont use it because high decay.

You always want say something positive about Cyrene, but sometimes this is not possible ...
    Find 1 player who have enought skills and ok to use this tool in hunt. Why to have a tool if its for use it "just" for emergency ? It make no sence ...

15. San
    • Cyrene Pioneer

San Sandal San Tolk

Home Page:
    Society:
    OldTimers
    Sorting by eco, it is better than the Hedocs and significantly better than the Gyro Combat Faps. It is only slightly outdone by the regular (slow) Gyros and the higher Vivos. The EMT Kits are non-sib and the numbers therefore misleading. It takes very expensive stuff to outclass it. In the line I've been training, I am ready for Improved Resto, but that is a very different upfront investment yet again.

Since most missions on Cyrene count for more than one reward at a time, you can probably time it so that you even reach the goal "casually", i.e. while you're doing other things. Would sleep over it before dismissal.

16. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

harmony Well-Known Member
    Busy

Gz on the fap.

I am still puzzled why people expect to get an uber item from an epic chain for a tt turnover that an uber does within a week though. (not directed at you personally Justine, more of a general remark).

17. Justine
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Sunshine

Ty ;)

No worry, i understand what you mean. I just expect an item that many ppl can use :p
    Why to make an epic chain, if at the end you cant use the item ?

penethol likes this.
  18. krasko
    • Cyrene Pioneer

krasko Well-Known Member
    Blah

Society:
    North Cyreans
    Ignore him he barely stay on Cyrene and he rarely do any missions there.
    If you open any other planet partner forum you will see that he is everywhere arguing about everything. ;)

Thanatos, penethol and Justine like this.
  19. San
    • Cyrene Pioneer

San Sandal San Tolk

Home Page:
    Society:
    OldTimers
    And you spend all your time here while finding nothing good about it, spitting bile while getting your facts wrong half of the time, not to speak of the holes in short-term memory. Since you know where to look, my mission log is on another forum incl. the Cyrene ones. Density varies greatly over time, I don't need to justify it in order to speak anywhere. But I do tend to be reluctant about going on expensive missions whose outcome is yet unknown, so I don't have to come back complaining so often.

In contrast, I have no criticism against Justine. The argument about the high entry level is valid, it is just not how I interpreted "useless". This makes the target group small, but for those who can use it I don't think it is useless, is what I meant. And to point out synergies. Language can be so fuzzy a medium.

20. SirCuteNShy
    • Cyrene Pioneer

SirCuteNShy You had me with bacon
    Fine

Society:
    Pyrates of Calypso
    Gratz with the discovery, Justine!

Recommended lvl 55? So it's maxed at lvl 60 then. Wow...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.