1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Why there's always an asshole on Cyrene?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Murkalael, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Murkalael
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Murkalael Member
    Nerdy

I play this game for a bit more than a year an a half, mostly on Arkadia. This past month I'm in Cyrene, and there's always some imbecil that won't follow social protocols. Mostly of course on Atlas Hunting Grounds, won't pass a day without anyone shooting the mob you are sweating. Sometimes we let it pass, person might not seen you sweating (what's very unlikely), but this guy done it twice today and pissed me off.
    Entropia 2015-07-28 22-28-41-91.jpg Entropia 2015-07-28 22-32-13-93.jpg

Everyday someone shoot other person's dire weed, everytime I see apoligies for doing that because lack of attention. This guy did it twice on purpose, so I went after him killing everything he shooted at.

So tell me Cyrene's veterans. Are people here always like this or I'm just lucky to stumble on some jerks?

2. Bakh Baccus
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Bakh Baccus New Member

Society:
    Vikings of Entropia Cadets
    That's a rare occurrence. But, don't stress too much, just brush it off. Also, you caught my global in one of your pics!

3. Murkalael
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Murkalael Member
    Nerdy

haha, gz.
    Not stressed. There was some incident like that in the past but the guy backed off after he realised was his mistake even used same bad manners as the one today. I'm just upset that people instead of ask for help or accept that he/she was wrong, rather be rude like "I own the damn planet", so I don't care if I'm in your way.

4. Haruto Rat
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Haruto Rat eep!
    Cynical

Given you escalated it yourself, what exactly are you complaining about? :headscratch:

5. Murkalael
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Murkalael Member
    Nerdy

no complaining, I got my revenge. Just pointing out there's always someone to ruin a good day. On Arkadia I have a secret spot where I can sweat in peace that I know no one will show around. Haven't found any place like that in Cyrene yet.

6. San
    • Cyrene Pioneer

San Sandal San Tolk

Home Page:
    Society:
    OldTimers
    That's the disadvantage of spending much time on a "nice" planet. Makes one grow soft and then get a rude awakening when coming to a place like the Kerbie spawn at Boreas or the Vixen square behind CND, where kill stealing and rudeness is the rule rather than the exception. I don't remember much of that going on Cyrene, but I haven't spent too much time since it shrank. Might get crammed a little easier now, I imagine.

7. Murkalael
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Murkalael Member
    Nerdy

Is like this:
    -new player
    -someone tells to use FPS view
    -the guy walks like a horse with those viewing limiters in a straight line, never seeing what's on any side, only ahead

8. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    Murk, you will find that on all planets, Cyrene is not special. They don't have any more, any less, or any super special assholes. Some are just a bit Rustier than others and grate your nerves harder when you brush up against them. No matter where you Venture, they will be there.

Dire Weeds now is kind of an odd place. See there is this bug where if you can get in a certain distance of them, you can sweat them and they will not attack you. People have been exploiting this for a while and nobody seems to care. With that, sometimes there are a bunch of dry weeds wandering around, and sometimes folks will just go on a killing spree wiping them out to spawn new ones to take advantage of. Does this make it acceptable what they did to you... NO... but it is what it is.

For what it's worth, I have had assholes kill my mobs on Arkadia, on Rocktopia, and on Cyrene. Sometimes what you did, while not right either. Personally I find justifiable, AND gets their attention. Be careful it's not a troll who will cry to MA and try to get you in trouble for that.

About the best advice I can give is, don't let it get to you, you let them see they blew your cork and they won. Try politely to talk to them first saying, hey, NOT COOL.. if they continue then castrate them.

Panelions behind rookie training ground is another good spot to sweat. They don't hit hard and have 80 sweat, easily soloable and occasional nice loot on them.

sluggo

Spawn likes this.
  9. RiverRun
    • Cyrene Pioneer

RiverRun Member
    Lurking

Murk I get why you'd upset people killing my mobs pisses me off too. I don't know their reason for not paying attention but on Atlas people leaving dry weeds pisses me off even more. If someone wants to go in and clear the field potentially any dry that have been left there then I don't mind a kill or two of I can just turn and find a nice wet weed because the dry ones are gone I'll let it pass in that area.

10. Neuromancer
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Neuromancer Dave Neuromancer
    Fine

Education
    Society:
    Brainstormers
    I'm pretty sure the number of aholes per planet is set by MA, depending on planet population. They are spawned automatically, and the number is increased particularly during events. Planet partner devs have no control over these actions by MA.
    Cyrene has a small player base and almost no events, so the ahole number is relatively low.

krasko, Haruto Rat and kjellings like this.
  11. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    But the ones there try especially hard, a lot of territory to cover by only a few people. Being an asshole is hard work you know! :D

slug

Neuromancer likes this.
  12. mastermesh
    • Cyrene Pioneer

mastermesh Active Member

Home Page:
    Society:
    Ministry
    Buy bigger gun. Do enough damage in one hit to knock off 50 percent of mob health. Problem solved his shots just will kill but you get the loot

13. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    If they regen back over 50 tho, won't his kills then count for the search since technically he did now do over 50 percent of the damage? Also, MA could look at that as some form of harassment, you know them.

sluggo

14. Squeaks9225
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Squeaks9225 Member

Society:
    Drop Zone
    I also understand why killing someone elses mob is crappy... BUT I will say this.... I have accidently killed some dire weeds people were sweating.... When it gets "dark" its very hard to see... Plus those dires shoot "green" looks like a sweating tool sometimes so its also quite hard.. Its no excuse but like I said its happened to me more than once and if I did it to anyone reading this then I really am sorry... Other planets its very easy to clearly see people sweating here its a bit harder... well for me at least...