1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Why I was slow catching on to Cyrene

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jaywalker, Jul 8, 2013.

1. jaywalker
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jaywalker Member
    Amused

Society:
    -TAO-
    Well, I hunt, I craft, I customise, I tame (when the platform allows) and I'm also a sometime-heavy-miner (still got the skills, still mine now and then). Virtually the one thing I'm not into is PvP (being a grease monkey/cheerleader on a pirate-bashing Mothership doesn;t really count, IMO)...and I was given to believe that Cyrene had a strong PvP orientation. That Cyrene's TEN event was entirely about PvP, only firmed-up that impression. That the one big Cyrene fan I know (Chief) got himself turned into a dwarf, especially for PvP purposes...well!what more evidence does anybody need?

Finally, I get drawn to Cyrene by the advent of Cyrene textures, and what do I find? There's absolutely loads here to interest the non PvP-er. Loads!

Seems to me to be a bit of a marketing problem here. I do think that most Entropians are like me, just not attracted to PvP. Does Cyrene actually want us or does Cyrene merely tolerate us to help make up the numbers?

If the answer to the first question is "Yes", then ya really could say so a bit louder! lol

jay :)

Master Chief and non like this.
  2. Lykke TheNun
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Lykke TheNun Well-Known Member
    Roflmao

I believe you did answer this yourself somehow ;)

It has never been a secret, that PVP is a huge part of Cyrene - The Hub, under water Playground etc. also shows it - but as you also find, that doesn't mean PVP is everything on the planet.

We are interested in both - but because we have these very specific PVP features on the planet - unique for the Universe - and because of the story line of Cyrene - PVP is what describes the planet best.

Those who read MindStar9's stories about Cyrene (http://cyreneforum.com/forums/covert-operations-storytelling.62/) would also see, that the story line of Cyrene contains a lot of 'wars' and fights - but it also mentions beautiful places, cities, areas to discover - and then a lot of non-PVP areas where you can hunt, mine and craft - because every planet needs a healthy economy to keep the wheels running =)

Cyrene is a 'rough' planet, but very beautiful and with lot of content to discover and develop (the players are a part of the development of Cyrene, which is also something Ed Robles mentioned from the very get-go - http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/ed-robles-about-the-soft-launch.7486/) - both for PVP players and for non-PVP players.

MindStar 9, Master Chief and non like this.
  3. Master Chief
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Master Chief Smuggler - Hibernation
    Angelic

CSR
    Society:
    Irken Invaders

Dwarf??? That's called a Tactical Advantage!

jaywalker likes this.
  4. jaywalker
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jaywalker Member
    Amused

Society:
    -TAO-
    Hi ho, Hi ho....

jay :)

Master Chief likes this.
  5. Fifth
    • Cyrene Pioneer