1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

What should Cyrene focus on next?

Discussion in 'Developer's Corner' started by Lykke TheNun, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Xantok
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Xantok New Member
    Cynical

Society:
    Brutal Redux
    yes, those are both helpful, but Thanatos your thing doesnt have a sticky(atleast i saw) and the fourm information is so scattered i spent about 3 hours trying to figure stuff out with it

2. Thanatos
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Thanatos Fate Thanatos Themis
    Bored

Home Page:
    Society:
    Task Force
    the www i make isnt done yet, so not worth to get sticky yet, give me some more time :)

3. OZtwo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

OZtwo Active Member
    Buzzed

Society:
    Vikings Of Entropia

It's looking good..You may want to edit your last post with the link and say what the site is.

4. Fifth
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Fifth Member

Society:
    Like a Boss
    Oh wow! :rolleyes:

This works better than entropedia, and looks better too.

Thanatos likes this.
  5. Thanatos
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Bored

Home Page:
    Society:
    Task Force

thx alot, still working on it tho, more to come :) Im a bit limited in time, but bad loot makes me focus more on www than entropia itself ;)

6. Xantok
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Xantok New Member
    Cynical

Society:
    Brutal Redux
    i have been here for a week now, once again minor complaints but i would rather tell you every little annoyance and let you decide then you not know about them at all.

- spawns - certain mobs have great spawns for whatever type hunter you are (IE mass of mobs to shoot indecrimintly but also spawns spread out enough to pick and choose targets) however there are certain mobs that dont (swamp lurkers) this makes grinding out missions take 5x as long as it should.

- the Noob Base/0x101 TPs - i dont use the list to select TPs i just zoom out click where i wanna go and TP there, is ther a way to get 0x101 on top of noob base, currently noob base is the one you will click on

-daily missions - currently the daily missions dont have a location as to where the turn in guy is at, im starting to get to where i remember them all, but i end up having to look one up still.
    just make it read like "Miner 49r Bot, at Southern base, would like........"
    this makes it so i can go look at my completed missions to see where he is should i happen to forget one.

-globals - dont get me wrong i liek swirlies, but when i global for 8 ped, thats a little crazy i dunno what can be done here, but i feel globals should be "wow i globaled :D" not "Oh i globaled! oh its for 8 ped :("

-mining - TOO MUCH LYST AND OIL! need i say more... distribute ores better, im mining at 1k+ and coming back with 1/3-1/2 of the the resources being lyst and oil... something needs done there.

7. WangXiang
    • Cyrene Pioneer

WangXiang Active Member
    Relaxed

Society:
    Guardians of Evolution
    I hope to see nice medical tools in loot very soon :)

And for miners (I am not one) maybe Cyrene should have an area similar to what exists on other planets (F.O.M.A., Hell).

8. Thanatos
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Bored

Home Page:
    Society:
    Task Force
    agree on tools and mining areas, maybe lootable pvp like this? :D

9. Efia Invicta Lux
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Efia Invicta Lux New Member

Cyrene imo has broken fresh ground here requiring the heavy use of *over abundant resources in game - sweat , oil , lysterium .. i find more oil , zorn star ore and yellow crystals than anything ... remember- do NOT refine everything for some bp's !! and dont forget to turn in some extra daily for missions :)

10. mightymax99
    • Cyrene Pioneer

mightymax99 New Member

Society:
    Apoc
    It would be nice is Cyrene dropped the Chronicle TEN helmet so that the unique set could be completed. Dropped in random loot or in an event , either

11. Tor Henrik Hovi
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Tor Henrik Hovi Member
    Relaxed

My 2PEC:
    Whoever created the MARIOV; That was pure genious and after playing it a few times you really get a sence of that person understanding the game mechanics. MAKE MORE!!! (Yes I know there is a LUIGIV, but I want more....)
    Cyrenes biggest drawback at the moment is lack of working economy. I think if some kind of Cyrene specific shopkeeper or small booth could be part of a mission chain it would be an awesome boost to the economy. (Ofc. that would have to be hard enough to stop ppl from farming them with alts.)
    I really love the long and hard mission chains on Cyrene and the Scenerey and mobspawn are nice.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  12. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    I agree with you. A few shopping booths might help a ton as well with the economy. I think if the economy was better folks would spend a lot more time there. Right now, it's hard to get stuff to craft with, unless you hunt it yourself. Selling stuff on the AH is hit or miss at best, and you lose your ped when it don't sell.

With the new missions they put on there, especially the mining ones that could be a HUGE draw. I made a comment in another thread about changing perhaps the daily mining mission for the enmats, to reward enmat skills. Nowhere else in the game can you really get them, unless you mine, and enmat is a HARD skill to get up on because of the lower PED value spent on mining. Between the current mining missions here which DO award them, and if they could buff the daily (or even add a few more missions to the daily YAY!!) that are enmat related in rewards, we would have something truly unique at Cyrene, and the daily's are easy enough that I think you could really get a draw of folks here. Since they are here, they can see the shopping booths with stuff in them, so they can craft too, and mine and hunt. Yep, I see a busy Cyrene here and it all boils down to shopping booths :D

sluggo

13. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

Hello old thread....
    Looking through, I see I did comment quite a lot here until the end of 2012!
    Has the economy grown since then? Have things become easier or more overwhelming for a new player on Cyrene?
    What did the devs actually concentrate on? Were we listened to? That's different in English from whether the thread was read, by the way. It means was any of our advice taken...
    Maybe this is just a marker - summer of 2014 - and someone who used to be interested in Cyrene drops by and leaves a message... GL Cyrenians.... :)