1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

What a let down...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lady Jennifer, May 1, 2012.

1. Divide D. Impera
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Divide D. Impera Member
    Horny

Student
    I thought about not answering here because I knew I would divide the text and make a big post, but I still think it's important to point out that we don't have that many whiners in our community; it is a claim untrue, and it should duly be exposed as such.

I don't wish to come forth as "the debater" on a EU-forum, but neither do I take insults without basis well. You should be ashamed, dragus359. The next time you see a thread you dislike, my tip to you from me, as a friend to another, or as an Entropian to an Entropian, if you will, is that you simply don't answer.

In what way am I ignorant? In what way am I dim-witted? It's okay to insult people if they deserve it, and I may deserve it depending on whose point of view, but since I am neither ignorant nor dim-witted, your insult has no basis and is therefore both uninteresting and utterly boring.

I didn't put words in your mouth; OP never did formalize his or hers issues with Planet Cyrene as he or she should have done, however, you did say "EU", not Planet Cyrene, and since Planet Cyrene is a new planet and you started talking about your time in Entropia Universe, I just had to point out to you that it's okay to critique stuff. You can do it. There you go.

A world with mind-numbed people is already expanding in populace and has now become I way of life. Your post just made me irritated considering the enormous critique MindArk deserves for many, many issues.

Indeed, you did say "whining", but you also said "overflowing". Perhaps you meant to say "I've seen a few, approximately 5%, or perhaps up to 25% after a bad hunt, but their mood recovers fast". I'm sorry to say so, though, but if that was the case, then you should have said so and you and I would not be in this situation.

Indeed, you were, but in my time of visiting PCF/EF (I have now gone over to EP) I didn't see a lot of "whining" as you define whining - and as I myself also define whining. I saw a lot more constructive criticism than I ever saw "I spent 20k on level 13 amps fukkin MA they fukkd me over bigshit I hate this shit" etcetera, etcetera.

I agree with you that whining for the sake of whining is irritating, but you either exaggerate or you simply define constructive criticism equal to whining as well. Now, you say you do not do that, but then the fallacy here lies in your way of expressing yourself. I won't hold that against you due to the fact that anyone can make such a mistake.

No, it wouldn't be, but the world isn't black and white. Your post in this thread still claims an "overflowing" part of whiners exist within our community, and that is simply untrue.

Now you come with lies again. Where have I spammed? You can find my name on EP, Arkadia Forum and this forum. It's the same nick-name. Be so kind to refer to this "spamming", else you shall be seen as not only someone incapable of formulating in a hurry, but a liar as well.

Divide D. Impera is the name I go by on all the mentioned forums. Thank you.

It has become ugly because you made it ugly. You made a idiotic and wrongly formulated post in the same fashion as the posts you yourself criticize and label "spamming" and now you defend it. You made a post just for the sake of making a post. You should be embarrassed.

Now you go on with insults that lacks basis yet again. Don't you see how stupid it looks? Insulting for the sake of insulting ... I have no words for it. It simply doesn't speak well of you as a person.

Good day to you too, and happy looting.

2. MindStar 9
    • Cyrene Pioneer

MindStar 9 Hoping for the Best
    Inspired

Home Page:
    Let's please move this thread forward with it's intended purpose, and I will respectfully ask you to please take any personal issues you have to PM so that the thread isn't disrupted any further. It's not fair to the other posters.

Thank you! :)

3. Divide D. Impera
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Divide D. Impera Member
    Horny

Student
    I duly apologize! My intent never to take this off topic, simply to reply to a post full of insults without basis in either our reality or the Entropian kind.

4. Kiri
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kiri New Member
    Yeehaw

Society:
    Natural Born Killers
    For a second I thought I was reading EF or PCF...had to double check my links.

Roni, Nor Alien and SoftHart like this.
  5. nlnforever
    • Cyrene Pioneer

nlnforever Member

Society:
    Planet Express
    Can you guys give the definition of your disappointment? It's all about MONEY

If you don't get HOF after spending 200 peds, then most of you say: loot suck
    If you don't get Magic BPs or Items on 1st launch, then most of you say: planet suck
    If you don't get profit at all, then most of you say: it suck

You guys are too greedy to see the real picture. It's soft launch, so you must play soft and no expectation of magic profit or peds. Shame.

Roni, Svarog and RexDameon like this.
  6. Divide D. Impera
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Divide D. Impera Member
    Horny

Student
    Well, actually, content-wise it is a soft launch and I like what I've seen thus far, but the loot, is that not MA:s area? Do you yourself think it's reasonable in a real cash MMO to almost only find a certain ore? No, it's not.

I actually like Planet Cyrene, but there's a reason I have mined very, very little on it; to mine there would be inexcusable unless I hate money. It's not about greed. It's about self-preservation. Loot shouldn't be different from planet to planet in such a manner, but it is different on Planet Cyrene. Stop playing around with words you have no comprehension of.

7. Kiri
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kiri New Member
    Yeehaw

Society:
    Natural Born Killers
    Can you make a post without insulting someone in your response?

8. MindStar 9
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Inspired

Home Page:
    Everyone is invited to give their opinions or share knowledge obtained as a result of personal experiences in our universe ... however, it would be greatly appreciated if people would please refrain from using insulting comments when expressing those opinions.

You can get your point across without insults and inciting a flame war, which in fact is against forum policy, so I am respectfully asking that you kindly adhere to posting constructively. Differences of opinion invite someone to entertain other perspectives, and if convincing enough, perhaps may even change a person's mind, but insulting a person will serve no purpose other than to take a thread off course and cause issues.

Thank you!

9. Divide D. Impera
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Divide D. Impera Member
    Horny

Student
    I could, if that post in itself wasn't an insult, however it was never my intent to cast insult on the subject of my respond. nlnforever simply misused "greedy" very badly.

10. Divide D. Impera
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Divide D. Impera Member
    Horny

Student
    It was never my intent to insult him/her, and I don't feel like I did. To call someone greedy, on the other hand, is an insult, and I told nlnforever to stop using words he had no comprehension of (because it can insult people and it also simplifies the matter, like calling someone a communist because the thought of 2'000'000 homeless people doesn't bring forth apathy).

11. MindStar 9
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Inspired

Home Page:

My comment and request was a general post, and not directed at anyone in particular. :)

12. Divide D. Impera
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Divide D. Impera Member
    Horny

Student
    All right, then. My apologies. : )

13. Roni
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Roni Active Member
    Amused

DJ with AHR
    Society:
    Phoenix Rising Co-op
    I was born on Treasure Island.....hardly inworld support whatsoever from EU for someone who was not familiar with the EU concept.....on a planet that existed for years!

I explored Rocktropia when it was launched and all I mined was oil in decent quantities and looted generic skins and oils on different mobs...even when globaling

I stayed on Arkadia when it was launched for months and it was deserted for a looooong period besides some die hards who I met who truely believed in the concept of the planet.

I visited Next Island when everyone said it was doomed.

I visited all those planets later...guess what...they are doing great...each with their own features and taste.

A planet can survive if players, developers and investers are willing to invest, each in their part......I think Cyrene will be awesome and a part of an expanding universe.

my 2 pecs, Roni

quote: Duke Leto Atreides (Dune saga): Here I am and here I wil stay

14. Saradu
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Saradu Member
    Happy

Society:
    Phoenix Rising Co-op
    "A planet can survive if players, developers and investers are willing to invest, each in their part......I think Cyrene will be awesome and a part of an expanding universe."

Very well said Roni........

Roni likes this.
  15. bubba
    • Cyrene Pioneer

bubba Boss
    Bored

Designer
    Society:
    The Nomads
    ...said Roni's gf ;p...j/k...no but seriously Planet's got merit, personally I lost my ass on bots today, but I admit it...I got a bit greedy...so lesson learnt...

16. Saradu
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Saradu Member
    Happy

Society:
    Phoenix Rising Co-op

Trust me, just because I am his GF (RL) and soon to be wife http://cyreneforum.com/threads/entropia-wedding.551/ there are many things that we don't see eye to eye on around here. And as far as getting greedy, well I think we all have done that... it's kinda like gambling, just want to keep on going......... we push ourselves, I know I do anyways at times. :) Either way I do think we all have preferences over planets, I have my favs and dislikes for my reasons, we are all different and that is what makes the universe what it is, would be boring otherwise. Have a good one and good luck to you...