1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Wish List Weather

Discussion in 'Technical - Suggestions and Bug Reports' started by Rathius, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Rathius
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Rathius Active Member
    Brooding

Home Page:
    So.. it's nice to constantly have perfect days of clear skies and clear nights... but one thing as always bothered me. It NEVER rains. No weather of any kind aside from some occasional cloud cover.

The Turrelion Outpost's dust storm is a nice start, but it's a constant effect rather than dynamic weather.

I know something like that can take a toll on performance, but it really adds a whole new level of atmosphere to the game.

Nor Alien and Lykke like this.
  2. Lykke TheNun
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Lykke TheNun Well-Known Member
    Roflmao

Hi Rathius, thanks for the idea :)

I agree having different kinds of weather on Cyrene would be awesome. It's definitely a great idea, but if it's possible - I don't know =)

I am sure the team will note it though.

=)

3. Sparticas
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Sparticas Member
    Cynical

Society:
    Blood and Sand 1337
    Funny how I have been posting stuff about rain..Glad it was your Idea Rath. haha Standard

4. Wistrel
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf
    Breezy

Wanderer
    Home Page:
    Society:
    Entropia Pioneers
    I've been asking for this for years. And the day night. We got that in the end thank lootius and the clouds move too which is great cause it means you really can't easily take the same photo (screen shot) twice. Add more clouds, different types and weather effects and I'd be truely one happy bunny.

There is rain in the robot crater on Caly btw. and a sort of storm cloud. but yeh not dynamic... shame really, cause ce2 has "drag and drop" tornadoes and lightning!

5. Rathius
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Rathius Active Member
    Brooding

Home Page:
    Yea, it's stuff like that Wistrel that has me scratching my head at times. When engines aren't used to their full potential, especially when so much of the functionality is built in or supported directly with a plugin.

6. Lykke TheNun
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Lykke TheNun Well-Known Member
    Roflmao

Yes, CryEngine has a lot to offer when it comes to changing weather (too). However at this moment I can image that the Cyrene team is placing their focus on other more important things for hard launch. Personally I also love the snow with the snow storms on "The Thing". It does add more 'real' feeling to a place :)