1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Use EL to help promote Cyrene???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hec, Mar 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hec
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Hec Active Member
    Fine

It just occurred to me how many players check Entropia Life to see what/how others are doing and what/where they want to hunt.
    But EL needs a minimum 5 players on a planet, and running EL to record globals. A player can be doing anything like sweating/hunting/crafting/etc. while running EL and help Cyrene.

Unfortunately Cyrene currently has a small population and there's rarely 5 or more players on at the same time that run EL. As a result globals on Cyrene rarely get recorded by EL.

I know this sounds like a crazy idea, but it might be an easy way for everyone on Cyrene to join in and help promote Cyrene???
    http://www.entropialife.com

L7Productions and John Galt like this.
  2. Neo Jr XL
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Neo Jr XL Member

If that was important to promote the planet at this stage for PP there is an easy fix. Just just run the game on few PCs in the office like Ark did at the beginning. But I guess it's waiting time for for hard launch whatever that means and promoting is not a priority...

Hec likes this.
  3. Hec
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Hec Active Member
    Fine

Didn't think of devs running EL in the office, not that they need any distractions if still gearing for hard launch??
    Actually I was thinking about cyrene's economy now, but yeah your probably bang on about them waiting.
    On the otherhand it wouldn't hurt if more players run EL. ;)

4. Erza
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Erza Member
    Lurking

Interplanetary Explorer
    Society:
    Free To Lancer
    Well, i don't use the tracker because i don't like to be tracked o_O
    Maybe we could start a Cyrene Global thread here and just post whatever global you got :headscratch:
    I got plenty since i've gotten to Cyrene to stay for a very long time with short rides to other planets :cool::)
    And i don't even play that much at all ;)

I personally think that it is time for PP to upgrade all of the Cyrene environment instead of this dynamic thing they got going now.
    Reason for this is that the planet will look like it is a rush rush job half done for new players which is not good.
    It is just to empty and just to simple in many places which is not good at all.

Cyrene has cool Bots/Mobs with very nice/cool interactions while hunting them but with a crappy environment it's not doing the planet any good.

Personally i like Ark environment which is very lush and really makes playing really fun and as realistic as possible but since i like to hunt low/mid level Bots mainly i'm here on Cyrene :D

Just my 1 pec(which i just found)lol

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  5. San
    • Cyrene Pioneer

San Sandal San Tolk

Home Page:
    Society:
    OldTimers
    There is no way around it since globals are shouted out publicly and captured by everybody else's tracker. Every tracker reports all globals the player gets message of, not just their own. Your name is in EL whether you like it or not. The only difference it makes is to the total number of trackers running on a specific planet at any time so the minimum number of independent confirmations is met or not.

Hec likes this.
  6. Erza
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Erza Member
    Lurking

Interplanetary Explorer
    Society:
    Free To Lancer
    "Your name is in EL whether you like it or not" that is nice and i have no problem with my name being in there :D
    It is just that i would not install anything that will track me :HellNo: lol

7. Hec
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Hec Active Member
    Fine

Hope you set your web browser to "do not track" plus clear the cache/history/etc. on logout/daily, plus clear flash cache of the so-called "super-cookies".
    And using Scott Lemon's Proxomitron to filter the browser over encrypted VPN through a proxy server that's routed through a Tor onion server?
    Don't forget to ensure your chosen proxy server also masks your ISP's "machine name" given for your internet connection. If using windows10 be sure to remove Skype, Outlook, and Windows since Microsoft has coded known backdoors into such software "for aiding law enforcement".

Oh there's more that can be done but I grow bored of this and in all honestly if you do all that your PC stands out like a sore thumb while ending up on many gov't watch lists, and if for nothing else but from using Tor.
    Try downloading CPUID and have a look at the CPU serial numbers... oh can't find them lol that's because people went crazy when microsoft's mediaplayer and other utils started tracking people by that serial number. But have a look at the rest of CPUID's info and everything else has a serial number, brand, and often date of manufacture. Like that info isn't a total thumbprint of your PC.

To sum up: unless you scratch coded every part of your own asm, compiler, programming language, OS, browser, etc. then your already trusting a lot of other people.

Not wanting to be tracked was a mindset I had during the 1990's because I witnessed the internet going from Al Gore's "free internet" concept. To free only if running toolbars showing business ads which lead to tracking. And lead to what the net's been like since around 2000, pay only. Back then I certainly supported software developers like Scott Lemon, and Steve Gibson of "It's My Computer" rants and "Shields Up!" fame from the late 90's. However when Copernic2000 came out (late 90's again) the benefits outweighed the cons for that 1 application, plus it was easy to filter through Proxomitron. But this is all discussion best left for another topic about a bygone era, or a history class of the early years using the world wide web.
    So yes I do understand that your fed up with everything tracking you all the time and respect that.

Personally I don't like a lot of programs running uselessly so I start ET manually, then start EU.
    When I log off EU, I close the ET program too.

And so for all the other players that want to try an experiment to perhaps support/kick-start Cyrene's economy then please consider running ET.
    http://www.entropialife.com

8. Erza
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Erza Member
    Lurking

Interplanetary Explorer
    Society:
    Free To Lancer
    Nice long interesting reply Hec :beerchug:

Not to drag this to long let me put it like this and the way i see it,

Nowadays we are being tracked one way or the other by many many means :eek:
    I don't have anyhting to hide but that doesn't mean i will open the door and say c'mon inside and track me where/when/however they want so i tend not to use any device that i don't need to use and the ones i do need to use i do my best not to let it run free and do what it wants to do ;)

On the ET thing, i don't think this is what will make Cyrene economy better :headscratch:
    I think it is more what MA and PP have decided when they made the contract, do you think that MA will let any PP planet be better than their own Calypso?
    They are PP but they are governed by the rules set by MA :wise:

PP must just do their best to update/upgrade Cyrene so feels and looks as a complete planet and the rest will come :cheer:
    And since Cyrene is a few years old already it's high time to get it done asap, just my 2 pec's :)

9. Hec
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Hec Active Member
    Fine

It appears when Ark's dev's ran ET it was back when only 3 avatars needed on planet.
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...g-way-behind&p=3295275&viewfull=1#post3295275
    Note: EL now requires 5 avatars on planet and that's just too much for any PP today.

Here's how things looked last night.
    (checked stats about every 5 minutes, screenies just after EST11pm/UTC4am when EU is quiet)
    Note: Cyrene had 1-3 players active with ET, and RT bounced from 3 to 6 players.
    EL-ET_Planets_2017-03-08_11-09pm.jpg
    And EL showed Cyrene had 0 about 2 minutes after I logged out of EU.
    NOTE: Cyrene rarely has more then 2 active at any time during the day that I've seen this week.

It appears Arkadia was Hands-Down the place to hunt and global!!!
    Calypso was second place, and Rocktropia took third place.
    EL-ET_Planets_2017-03-08_11-02pm.jpg
    The Global Turnover shown for Cyrene, Next Island, and Space are only the HoFs which are announced to all players on all planets. Cyrene still has more players on planet then RT. But without the stats to interest traders much less other players to come and hunt globals this means no economy. And I can not see that changing after hard launch either.

Obviously Cyrene does not have team players.

This thread had run it's course Mods please close, thank you.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  10. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    This thread has been closed, as per OP's request.

Hec likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.