1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Wish List Thoughts another way to start Ryvox the Cypher Chain

Discussion in 'Technical - Suggestions and Bug Reports' started by Paul Jetman Masters, May 3, 2016.

1. Paul Jetman Masters
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Paul Jetman Masters Well-Known Member
    Spaced

This is purely an open question, currently afaik the only way to unlock this chain is 550k lime green tokens to get the coat of the proving grounds (planetside version), the problem is, due to afk'er, Botters, unequiping Rings and Implants plus slow respawn time, its 'proving' to be difficult to obtain the amount.

how would people feel if the mission was startable with the full set of Turrelia clothing from the Test of Faith Missions? these are a big mission in their selves, perhaps starting with the test of faith clothing requires us to complete another mission first to prove ourselves, perhaps another 75k kills?

I understand ppl with the coat wont like the idea. But in its current form the only way to start it is to spend most of the day controlling the hub or buying the coat for 3.5k+

2. Skubahta
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Skubahta Member
    Amused

Getting tokens by killing Turrelia Lurkers?

3. Haruto Rat
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Haruto Rat eep!
    Cynical

Messing with Rusty is bad for your math skills. 4 PED/k (which is very optimistic these days) * 550 = 2.2k, nowhere near 3.5k.

Once again - someone trying to sell at x doesn't mean it's worth x.

(Disclosure: I don't own any of the coats.)

(Disclosure: with 12 globals, we're all-time #2 on Turrelia Lurkers - only krasko has more; only once we've seen another avatar in The Pit)

(Disclosure: I believe we have ~15k tokens by now :D)

4. Paul Jetman Masters
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Spaced

I wasn't sure on the price, it was a post on PCF trying to sell for 4k that made me think about this

1k ped isn't bad I guess, but in comparison to ark's smuggler missions are same price..
    don't you get like 4-5 tokens/kill? that's a lot of kills

5. Gisela Dawes
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Gisela Dawes Active Member
    Cool

Society:
    The Society
    since Duvall tells you "ryvox sent you" when giving you his dailies i was under the impression that those were the quests related to Ryvox. Is there more to it than just those 2 daily missions?

6. Paul Jetman Masters
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Spaced

a chain apparently, they use to be part of it, but were moved out of it

7. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

harmony Well-Known Member
    Busy

think i have around 50k tokens, but haven't been very serious in collecting them. If people have the stamina for a full set of turellia, they surely have enough stamina for 550k tokens :)

Although i feel 100k tokens is more then enough for the coat :)

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    Justine likes this.
  8. Skubahta
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Skubahta Member
    Amused

I agree. The drop rate of Green Tokens on the Turrelia Lurkers isnt great and 550k is way too many tokens for the coat.

You either bot/second ava it like Lord Aron or Kon have done or it will take you forever to collect that many tokens. I have about 60k and it has taken me almost a year to get those as the Hub is filled with leaches and rats ( no offence meant Haruto ;) )

Also isnt the Ryvox the Cypher Chain still bugged?

9. Paul Jetman Masters
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Spaced

yea I think its bugged still, but while there is little to no avatars trying to do it, its not going to be high priority ;)

Skubahta likes this.
  10. Skubahta
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Skubahta Member
    Amused

And that mate is a damm shame!! Would be good to eventually get this planet fully functional...at least in our lifetime I mean. ;)

Maybe if we come up with other ways to get the tokens more people will get involved in this mission? Why not just dry the Proving Grounds like Caly did to their noob rig and increase the drop rate of these tokens on the Turrelia Lurkers for example? Most people that camp the Hub spend 0,00 ped on Cyrene anyways so whats the point in having them getting Coats and Tokens at the expense of the players that actually play here so they just bugger off and spend the ped somewhere else?

Im pretty sure we can come up with a solution to this, but yeah having a working mission chain would definitly intice people to get the Coat and so on.