1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Dear C-team...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spawn, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Spawn
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Spawn Active Member

Home Page:
    Society:
    The Ministry
    Questions:

1 Last Vu was december. It took you 3 months to find out that this was the incorrect armor?

2 I want to do the epic mission which leads to the Unlimited sib ozpyn pistol or carbine.
    What garantee do I have that you won´t change this weapon into an [L] one?
    Maybe it will take you a few years to realise that the weapon is in fact unlimited and you put it out incorrectly? In other words why should we trust anything you have to offer in any lenghty mission involving spending a lot of ped?

3 Is the above quote a lie? Did Mindark approach you and tell you that the armor is too powerful and has to be changed?

4 Is it possible for a planet partner to be transparent?

John Jacob Cofey likes this.
  2. Rusty Venture
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Rusty Venture Back on Cyrene
    Veggedout

I will be at 193 tokens, this just burns. I wasted so much ped hunting above my level.

3. Manique
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Manique Member
    Curious

Society:
    In Da Pocket
    At this point, a better and superior armor was promissed
    but i cant get myself to do it or believe since when i get to the point of perhaps aquiring it, i might not have a set available / or it got nerfed

4. Tacotuesday
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Tacotuesday New Member

I will never believe anything cyrene or MA says again. Totally disgusting behavior.

5. Rusty Venture
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Veggedout

If you really think we will have the option at a better armor or any at all you are gravely mistaken, here is why.

1. They claim the armor will be unlimited sales of L armor. If this is true, MA will flip out and remove it entirely as they did with this UL armor. If untradeable armor hurts the economy imagine what infinite armor priced at TT+1 will do to the economy. That is the price I will sell it in my shop if it is unlimited sales along with many others.

2. If it is not unlimited sales, I will buy all of them I can, along with many others due to the fact it is tradeable. This means it will be sold out 24/7 like the 2.H.T.S. weapons and no one will ever get any. Which means there will be ZERO REWARD for the faction missions.

3. Since they are going to remove this UL armor, do you really thing they will put it back? If getting 200 tokens atm is too easy, imagine how easy it will be after the fact with 5 dailies and the ability to spawn mobs for extra tokens. So easy MA won't allow any armor rewards as it will cause the same issue that just occured.

Basically they removed all reward from the Faction missions forever with this one move.

John Jacob Cofey and OZtwo like this.
  6. Paul Jetman Masters
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Paul Jetman Masters Well-Known Member
    Spaced

After talking with players on cyrene chat we came up with a few ideas to avoid L armour selling out or flooding the market

1. Make armour vendor NPC and only allow 1 set per week, same as turreleon armour set
    2. Require Ingredients like ark, but all pieces are cyrene loot, will create mu on loot and armour (either pay to NPC like ark or combine into currency to use at Terminal)
    3. Require use of badges to purchase on top of 200 ped purchase

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  7. Rusty Venture
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Veggedout

I think the idea of ever consuming badges is a terrible idea, that is literally throwing away progess to get a reward.
    However the other idea's are fantastic, especially the using items from around the planet as it will establish a set MU on the armor as well as increase MU on all other items.

8. Paul Jetman Masters
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Spaced

i agree with the badges, listed it as it was mentioned ;) the question is would you pay mu on loot for L armor? thats why i suggested NPC broker on a timer. but the loot idea helps cyrene community the most and I would favour it

Rusty Venture likes this.
  9. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

this is my issue with it. due to real life and ingame frustrations i have not had much time at all to spend in entropia but having said that i did make plans based on these mission chains and the reward. some that are now going to cost me time and money.

its easy to say i should have worked harder to get the armor, and its true. but we all have to make choices on how we spend our time and me and others choose to spend it in another way since we trusted that cyrene would share info about the duration of the mission reward or if things were to change with more than a few days notice till the end.

now this is just going to be on one more thing that when things are not going well or other oppertunities arrise on other planets is going to push me away.

i mean i guess your thoughts about not sharing this info was that our plans and time really dont matter and who really cares if people feel hurt and cheated?

guess i am being a bit dramatic and in time the anger and frustraion will fade but it wont leave and i and others will remember this.

now to crawl back into my hole and cease participating

10. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    non, I agree with you there. This was really poorly implemented and executed here.
    I totally agree with the 'i can't spend my entire life doing your one mission' either.
    What... you get punished because you didn't camp these daily's with so much other stuff to do and real life?

To throw fuel on the fire, loot's been rotten on the planet lately (sucking more ped out of us) and this, and god only knows when and now I wonder IF they ever will go live or is that another pie in the sky promise too?

I understand NDA's and all that bullshit but come on already, quit treating us like were fucking stupid MA / 'rene team

sluggo

11. OZtwo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

OZtwo Active Member
    Buzzed

Society:
    Vikings Of Entropia
    Creative Kingdom current status with Cyrene:

http://creativekingdom.com/cyrene.html

I guess why we haven't heard form Ed in so long.

12. Rusty Venture
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Veggedout

13. Rusty Venture
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Veggedout

MA is stating that this is all cyrene's doing and that MA has nothing to do with it, if that is true or not is debatable as what does support know regarding this, but either way support says that it is Cyrene to blame.

14. McCormick
    • Cyrene Pioneer

McCormick Member
    Veggedout

I dont want to be an A$$ here but...

MAy I remind you of the Axe 1x0 change ? Footguards ? AMP nerf etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

The crying of the community got (auto) silenced every single time.
    Most of you are still around.

You have absolutely no rights in this game. MA has any possible right in this game.
    Its their world. You agree to it everytime you click ToU/EULA etc.

Your crying will be silenced again and you either keep playing or annunce to quit.
    You better dont announce quitting on PCF though, as it is illegal to do so.

Beeing pissed/angry/constructive on the forums does not work as you wish it should.
    Trust me, I know it. ;p

Spawn likes this.
  15. Wolvie
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Wolvie New Member
    Lurking

Society:
    Starfleet Command
    I know you know, but I prefer to die trying. If they give us silence on this matter in the end, I'll just quit Cyrene. Too bad for the planet partner, aye? Either they are lying, or they are incompetent.

I'm seeing the situation this way: MA already replied some mails telling they have nothing to do with this. Cyrene's staff haven't gave us word since then, and they certainly are seeing what is happening at their forums, at their planet chat channels, etc. They must come to us with something, or their planet will die - simple as that. The aim is at them and they are still eating pastures, as nothing was happening around em.

I'm not a White Knight or something like that, but THIS TIME I really think MA had nothing to do with it, based on what I have seen since I started playing. Let's see why:

MA announced the Iron mission changes like 6 months before, giving us a good time to work on em;

I doubt PPs can create anything in game without MA's consent;

If something really hurt's em, they pull the plug - Of course things can be oversighted, but if they were the ones who made the mistake and wanted the armor to be out of the game, it would be fixed already;

So, when they finally release the imperium chain or whatever we will have the oportunity to get the armor again? Tell me, please - IF it hurts MA, why it should/could/may/would come back at some point in the future?

Sorry, but I don't buy it. IMHO they felt is was "too easy" to get the reward and moved it up in the ladder, because they realized they put something too good now as reward - and they will have to surpass our expectations at future ranks to keep going.

Is there something that I'm missing? I would like to "hear" a diferent perpective.

16. Spawn
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Spawn Active Member

Home Page:
    Society:
    The Ministry
    You are right.. this situation is similar to the axe 1x0. Mindark also lied saying the axe was bugged.. but still letting us use it in bugged form for at least a year or more before removing the 4 damage. But there's also a difference. Cyrene is telling us upfront that they want us to bend over. And this time we have a choice. We can simply choose to take our sleipnirs and quads and privateers, stack 'em full of players and leave, and go to the next planet that hasn't pulled a stunt like this.
    I am not personally hit by this, because I have 199 badges today and will get my armor tomorrow. But it doesn't change the feeling. And being from 2004, I have experienced and felt all the nerfs of the past. I'm glad I am on the right side of the coin today, but I feel sorry for all those that don't have the 200 badges in time. It sucks, it stinks, it's wrong and a solution must be found.
    I will be gone from this rock tomorrow. Hell will have to freeze over for me to return, unless the c-team answers the questions honestly.

I still fear that my armor "Stolen imperium armor" will have 12 acid after next vu though.

17. Paul Jetman Masters
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Spaced

I think the reason was misplaced is partly correct by the design not matching the A.R.C armours and looks identical to imperium officer, but also the fact it is so good considering it was a reward, I wondered what could've been rank 2 if that was rank 1. but they maybe also made a mistake with judging the demand. Let's see the response from Kris

Wolvie likes this.
  18. Angel O2 Mercer
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Angel O2 Mercer Member
    Spaced

Maybe this isn't such a bad thing. The (L) armor is similar to the "Stolen" UL one. The vendor will still require Shrapnel very probably, that's like buying your nice (L) armor for TT, and Kris said they will come in unlimited amounts.

So maybe, you visit the trader once a month to buy your new set when the old one breaks and you enjoy (L) armor, for TT, for life.

I mean, of course UL would be better, but maybe you guys can look at this with a tiny bit of optimistic approach.

Just trying to cheer you up.

Wolvie likes this.
  19. Wolvie
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Wolvie New Member
    Lurking

Society:
    Starfleet Command
    Unfortunately, the new armor isn't just a (L) version of the A.R.C Initiate. If it was like that, it could be a fair workaround imho - Not ideal, as I think they should keep their word now because it was their mistake - but it could calm most people down at least. People come to buy the armor, get lazy/out of their available playtime to go back and end up staying at the planet for a while. It could work for both parts (people come to the planet to replace the armor and may end up staying for a while - fildelty with freedom).

20. Oleg
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Oleg Member

Society:
    Rangers
    This would be the worst thing possible, it would completely destroy the armour market.