1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

The Hub the coats?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by mastermesh, Jan 31, 2015.

1. mastermesh
    • Cyrene Pioneer

mastermesh Active Member

Home Page:
    Society:
    Ministry
    So there's two coats you can buy with lime green tokens, one of which is wearable outside of the hub and one of which is hub only. It appears that the summoner for the beast requires the hub only one?

Why is that, or am I mistaken. What's the advantages/disadvantages to either of the two coats? Is there any reason to buy both of them? Why not just converge them in to one coat that works inside and outside of the hub and can do the summoner? Will there be any use in the future for the coats other than the summoner?

I definitely don't have enough tokens to buy either coat yet, but am potentially thinking about camping in hub to eventually get there... The hub seems to be a nice way to use up explosives that I'm crafting now that explosives are craftable...

but I need some reasons to do all of this camping if I'm going to do it... Can you give me some?

Can the non-hub coat be used to do the summoning? Can you give us some way to keep some clothes on down in the hub and outside of the hub so we don't keep getting it unequiped on every tp in and out of hub since it's a bit embarrassing go planetside all nekkid every day and taking a couple of pecs in clothing decay along the way... if you can't do that, can you at least put a regular planetside set of terminals inside of the hub in addition to the hub ones so we can craft down there without having to tp out of the hub?

I know that beast thing is messy now and actually is spawning for those that don't have the coat yet (or is just killable by us non-coat wearers after being spawned by a coat wearer?) I killed a level 13 beast just the other day (not sure if someone else spawned it and just went away or if it spawned on its own?) -- took a hell of a lot of revives to do it solo though, and several peds of ammo/knife decay... :) ... most of the loot was lime green tokens, so uhm, you have to go get a bunch of tokens to buy a coat that will just get you access to a mob that gets you more of those tokens?... and there's only two items available to buy with those tokens, which are more or less identical? Hmm... please explain if I'm missing some part of this?

Last, but most certainly not least, can you pretty please with sugar on it change the way the beast room works so that it works like inside of the pvp arenas in the hub. Right now it's using the same rules as the hub's main tp room when you arrive before you go in to an arena, I believe, not the rules like you have inside of the arenas... In other words you are spending all of this time doing pvp in arenas that cost you 1/10th normal decay only to be allowed to go kill a beast that will cost you normal decay... so you'll be blowing 10 times as much ammo/decay on killing the beast than you did in all of that pvp that lead up to that point in time. That seems like it'd be a major letdown to anyone if the coat was the only way to access the room...

It seems very unbalanced as it currently is since part of loot table from the beast is lime green tokens... which is same thing you get in the proving ground... and all of that is hub-centric micro-economy.... seems crazy that some lime green tokens are costing you 1/10th the cost of the ones you get by killing a creature that should be a reward type of thing... seems bass akwards as hell. Those with the coat should be decaying less on the special stuff they can do than they did to get up to that point you'd think. Perhaps Mindark's balancing team should look in to this along with the PP dev team to figure out a better way?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  2. Rusty Venture
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Rusty Venture Back on Cyrene
    Veggedout

The beast spawns every 2 hours or so. The coat is not needed to kill the beast. The coat also unlocks a daily mission and possibly more in the hub. The non hub version unlocks a quest line on Cyrene outside the hub.

3. Paul Jetman Masters
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Paul Jetman Masters Well-Known Member
    Spaced

The beast spawning every 2 hours is just a temp thing due to a few issues, when fixed it will need the coat again

Rusty Venture likes this.