1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Thank You

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Schmed, May 2, 2012.

1. Schmed
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Schmed New Member

Society:
    Arkadians Unleashed
    just like to say thanks to all the people involved in making Cyrene possible. I think the "soft Launch" is going well. Other than a few people who complained in game about content not all being there or perfect. I do wish they would read a bit more and understand that you don't wish anyone to have an unfair advantage for some players when official release happens and that this release is also so older players can learn a bit about the planet as to help new players just embarking in the Entropia Universe By giving us an opertunity to see the layout of the land as well as strengths of various mobs. These same People that complain about it should read a bit more before making such comments and understand this key point. Anyhow the planet layout is very nice, the mobs are very cool. I cant wait to see the new vehicle set when released as well as all the dynamic content you have planned for us. Some things i did not see mind you i have not had a chance to see the entire planet ... shops and apartments, bigger areas to land Vtols , quads etc and cities if they are apart of the plan. i did have a chance to use a couple weapons from the TT terminal and found they need repair real fast but the ammount of ammo burn is so small i am not sure if that matters just carry a few per hunt.The Other thing missing is refiners from TT terminal. The terminals are also very nice looking. I do have a comment about planet placement i thought maybe it would be placed between Next Island and Rocktopia to help in popularising both of those locations but i do not know your thought process on that the other thing if this is final placement of planet would be nice for space between Arkadia and Cyrene be opened up to allow direct travel between instead of having to go around in a arc to travel there . anyhow thank you again definantly a thumbs up from me as im sure many others

Syer, Mac, Lykke and 2 others like this.
  2. Calli
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Calli Things that make you go Hmm!
    Mellow

Home Page:
    Society:
    Irken Invaders
    I 2nd the Thank you!!! Looking forward to seeing the magical world of Cyrene develop to its full potential! I think its going to be a rockin fun place to call home!

Lykke and MindStar 9 like this.
  3. Lykke TheNun
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Lykke TheNun Well-Known Member
    Roflmao

Hi Schmed :)

Thank you back for the very nice words. The Cyrene team has indeed worked for months/years towards this day - and releasing Planet Cyrene in a soft launch was also very thought-through. The actual launch will be later, and at that time a much more finished planet will be introduced - including an extensive PR coverage.

We understand the frustrations some people might have with the soft launch, but as Ed explained in the interview on EntropiaPlanets about the soft launch, the launch was also made for players to have the possibility to visit the planet and get a 'taste' of it. Not everything would be released and not everything would be finished either :)

People are different and they also experience things differently. We are very pleased to hear all the positive feedback from people, of course - we all strive to do our best - but we also very much appreciate the time people are spending telling us about the issues they have and how they experience the planet even if it's negative.

Everything helps =)

4. Dibbler
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Dibbler New Member

Society:
    none
    Aye thankyou for Cyrene, few issues/bugs but for a 1st day well done :).

Lykke likes this.
  5. Menace
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Menace Active Member

I just logged on to start a thread with the EXACT SAME title! So instead I'll post in yours! IIRC we were told that Cyrene would do a "soft launch" so current EU players would have a chance to explore the planet and see what it's all about. I think that was accomplished! Cyrene is AMAZING and I can't wait till hard launch when I can kill me some mobs with several thousand HP and spam HoF chat across the universe! GREAT JOB TEAM CYRENE! As many people know from my forum history I'm more than willing to speak my mind on these forums around here...... I do have SOME constructive criticism.....
    1.) Night too long and WAY WAY WAY too dark
    2.) Should have had at least one 3k+ HP mob to spam HoF chat with
    3.) Ummm...... wait....... there is no #3!

Fantastic looking planet! Can't wait till hard launch when loot is normal and all the different mob maturities are added!

I've already spend a fair bit of money here so take your share of what I've spent and have a drink on Menace!

I'd also like to add that I personally REALLY enjoy the sparse spawns of mobs that respawn instantly. It allows players to grind without moving all the while letting miners mine.... and other hunters find a single mob spawn to hunt without aggroing mobs accidently on other hunters! I think for low level mobs this is a GREAT idea! For higher mobs however players prefer to Tag... long range.... med range... then pistol for eco's sake. So just don't take this spawning style too far. Allow players to have "normal" spawns on the higher level mobs or the "ubers" probably won't hunt here much.... (just a head's up!)

Good Luck!

Menace

Calli, Schmed and MindStar 9 like this.
  6. Schmed
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Schmed New Member

Society:
    Arkadians Unleashed
    yes night is very dark and very long on this i agree. there is another option to this maybe they could give us some night vision on a suit of armor just a thought be cool to have and unique to the game guess we can wait to see what they have planned. so many options hard to know or foresee the plan and im sure they love to keep the plan a secret. spawns in my opinion do need to be tweaked a bit should feel more natural like your coming across mob on a real planet or heard of mobs as the case may be. oh i do love some of the new mobs the look of them is awesome. i dont like to hunt in one spot which is why i like the "normal" feel of mobs. im sure we will get some sort of happy medium in that respect. lol wait for the planet now i am waiting on official release ....get some of the cool vehicles new gear and weapons ... oh i have played with the tt fap a bit seems a bit better than herb box for a couple ped more ..love it

7. Lykke TheNun
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Roflmao

Ed had a talk with people on Cyrene earlier today where he told them, that he wanted the player to have the same feeling on Cyrene when it's night as you have if you're all alone and away from the city in real life too.

He wanted to add that scary feeling you can have, if you're alone and don't know if a cat suddenly attacks you!

The vehicles have lights which can be turned on and used at night though :cool:

But since a lot of people have been questioning the darkness he might look into this - for some - issue =)

8. Calli
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Calli Things that make you go Hmm!
    Mellow

Home Page:
    Society:
    Irken Invaders
    Hm maybe some tt torches, flashlights like the sweat tool lol .... we have had dark before in other places and used our swords to light path around us.

Schmed likes this.
  9. Menace
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Menace Active Member

A "feeling" is one thing. Ed may need to be reminded though that players are spending real money to enjoy the service in general. Chances are.... if they have to shut down thier game-play for 2 hours because they cant' see they'll probably end up going elsewhere in the universe. Don't get me wrong... the mobs glowing/flaming/laser shooting animations look BRILLIANT when it's pitch black.... but I still need to be able to see what I'm doing in order to cycle PEDs which in turn generates revenue for Cyrene in the long run.

:)

Menace

10. Schmed
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Schmed New Member

Society:
    Arkadians Unleashed
    one thing i do like is that planet cyrene team have been watching the forums and taking peoples ideas into concideration as there has been a great deal of good ideas for helping develop the planet. while some have been disgarded due to plans already set in place and in development im sure some of all the great ideas will make it from forum to actual game. even though right now it is a soft launch would be nice to see the loot pool increase even if the uber items we all strive for arent in the soft launch peoples biggest complaint from what i have seen is loot either hunting or mining ..be nice to increase the loot pool let people get globals and hofs .... help kick start the economy and get people to like the planet now... sad to see people come hunt spend a lot of money to get nothing in return then leave. i have also met lots of new people to the game be sad to see them disapointed and leave never to return... new people to the game generally dont have the means to planet hop so they come try it spend money think the entire game is the same and leave just hurts all planets in the end when they leave the game. so many new games comming out like d3 that may permanantly draw new people away because of disapointment. a better loot pool will not give any real advantage to anyone if the uber items are held back and more of the common loot available. Also there still is no refiners available so new people cant refine enmatters etc. this also hinders the economy in both crafting as well as selling obtained loot part of a soft launch should be kickstarting the economy of the planet so when the real launch happens its a fully working economy ....then with real launch release the uber items to the loot pool. face it i do hate to see people join the game love the look but leave cause they spent 50$ got 3-5$ return.... a lot of these people wont return mention the game they will say yeah tried it no thanks spent lots of money got nothing ill play some other game.......

11. Mac
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Mac Member
    No Mood

Society:
    NBK Elite
    I like the night cycle but I do agree that it makes things difficult. Though I've been wishing for night vision attachments for helmets and face-masks since the day/night cycle was introduced to EU I don't think I would change things.

At least there's no rain, hail and/or snow storms...

12. Schmed
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Schmed New Member

Society:
    Arkadians Unleashed
    that would be cool they could make it a 2 part attachment maybe it requires batteries that need to be replenished ... just a thought

13. Divide D. Impera
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Divide D. Impera Member
    Horny

Student
    You should really take the idea Schmed brought about night vision and bring it to Ed. It would a) give a futuristic, soldier-feeling (i.e. it would actually bring a good, scary feeling rather an annoyed "I'll just keep walking regardless if I fall down from a mountain") and b) BE AWESOME. It would also force players to play in first-person mode and I read in an old interview that such was also the goal of Planet Cyrene (which fits perfectly with Planet Cyrene's innovative, highly original weapon- and mob-effects).

Now, go tell Ed! :D

14. Schmed
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Schmed New Member

Society:
    Arkadians Unleashed
    i did tell ED so guess they have to discuss it and make some plan alter night or maybe some other solution .... oh he also gave us a sneak peak at the spear which he says will be available with the patch and also another vehicle which we did not see .... oh there cool its a must have ..... yer gonna love em .... ty for showing us Ed
    Lykke drove it around a bit ...good thing no police were there to give her a ticket :)

15. Lykke TheNun
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Roflmao

Be careful now :dance1:

16. Schmed
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Schmed New Member

Society:
    Arkadians Unleashed
    just teasing ...you drive well :)