1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Bug Report Tanhok Ambassador mission Bugged

Discussion in 'Technical - Suggestions and Bug Reports' started by Tempest, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Tempest
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Tempest Member

Society:
    VARYAG
    Overview of issue: When initiating a conversation with Tanhok Ambassador, he provides access to mission chain that appears to be obsolete, and appears to provide no actual rewards.

Details of Issue: The reward trader has no rewards available to those who complete the mission chain, and has not had any available for months.
    Entropia 2021-12-02 14.49.42.jpg Entropia 2021-12-02 14.49.50.jpg

Effect of issue: Players become frustrated after completing a mission requiring thousands of PED and hundreds of hours only to discover that the rewards are no longer available. Some players continue to invest time checking back hoping that the rewards will become available at a later date. Others believe that the mission chain is futile and simple decline to participate, reducing income for the planet partner and leaving the player dissatisfied with the product. Failing to provide the rewards in a timely manner for the chain completion is clearly a bug, as having to check back repeatedly for a period of months or years is unlikely be an intended design feature of the mission.

Recommended solution #1: Disable the mission chain until such time that the rewards can be provided as promised to anyone who completes the mission chain in a timely manner.

Recommended solution #2: Modify the Tanhok Ambassador dialog to explain to the player that once he has completed the mission chain he may or may not ever get the reward without checking back with the trader daily for months or years and being fortunate enough to get it before another player does.

2. Shawna | Cyrene
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Community Manager

Shawna | Cyrene Cyrene Official Planet Developer
    Sunshine

Lead Game Design, Community Manager
    While MA controls all vendor stocks and mission enables and disables. Disabling and re-enabling the mission chain every time they restock the vendor can cause a number of issues. Especially for players who are in the middle of said mission. Its a lot more nuanced and not so easily cut and dry.

Adding in a text that the reward is directly from the vendor so there's no confusion could be something worth looking into and I'll mention this to Kris.:)

as a note: we've already contacted MA about this, and other vendors.

Stay safe out there:bye:,
    Shawna

demonakasha likes this.
  3. hokvinge
    • Cyrene Pioneer

hokvinge New Member
    Blah

Society:
    Amerthera Demons
    Any updates on this?

Getting really frustrated - having done the entire mission and spent money on an amber (now refined into a tanhok token so canĀ“t even get that back). Waited patiently and checked the vendor every single day for far to long time now. This really isn't a good way to act towards your customers....

4. Spawn
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Spawn Active Member

Home Page:
    Society:
    The Ministry
    I am now on the stage for the red golem. I can barely solo these with m83 and I wanted to get some soc mates to do it together.. but I guess we don't have to? If the reward won't be there anyway? TBH this stinks like poo again.

While the devs here are the best in the universe and I like the planet a lot, sofar there have been a lot of disappointments:
    - the stolen imperium, which I barely got because it closed down
    - the deletion of the entire planet, replaced with a smaller size one, half of the missions needing resets, counters not working etc etc.
    - bidding on the statues needed for the improved imperium set, and when I got them finding out the mission was
    closed 2 hours earlier
    - The L armor that you could get for tt in shrapnel at the hub suddenly is a lot more expensive
    - imperium armor returns, with some added materials that barely drop and a common item like tail tips don't drop anymore at all
    - Stolen imperium armor upgrade disappeared from the hub and is not restored.
    - and now this vendor which doesn't have the reward from Tanhok anymore.. like beer on calypso, waiting for the next
    shipment.

very disappointing.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  5. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    Hey Spawn,

Thanks for this feedback, I'd like to post some quick updates here:

Thank you for the kind words and I understand how you feel, and we're on the same wavelength. We're already taking steps to adjust many of these, but it's an ongoing process.

I know that it was a point of contention in the past (over 7 years now) but I believe that we were fair and allowed additional time for as many Cyrene players to get it as possible.

I don't agree with this per se, it was more of a strategic reduction. We took the best parts of the planet and put them into one area. There were problems with the missions that's true and it took time to fix them all, but I think for the most part all of that is now resolved.

This was unfortunate and caught everyone, including us, by surprise.

Addressed this post here: >>LINK<< we've taken steps to reduce the shrapnel cost down and are waiting to see if further adjustments can be made.

We're keeping a close eye on all materials related to drop rates as we talked about in this post here >>LINK<<
    Gathering data from the reports and pushing for changes to certain items.

Talked about this here: >>LINK<< but it took time to get the Imperium Armor Upgrade re-introduced, and now we're working with MindArk to get this back into the game but it's a delicate situation.

There's a way forward for these as well as the Ecotrons in the A.R.C. faction vendors coming in the next Planet Partner VU that should get rid of a lot of the headache.

We're always taking steps to make the gameplay experience on Cyrene feel better, more than I listed here.
    I know that the changes can feel slow but it takes time, but please know that we want the same things players want and working towards that.

Cheers,
    Kris

Spawn and Shawna | Cyrene like this.