1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

The Hub Suggestions for The Hub wanted

Discussion in 'The Hub' started by Lykke TheNun, Feb 15, 2013.

1. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

its no that i am against tiered items in the hub. its just...

one more thing that adds to inequality inside the hub that COULD prevent people from participating in the hub and have a negative impact on the active pop of a enjoyable activity. if you make to to hard and expensive for people to make an entry into the hub they will not give more that a single try.

things are complicated in eu. and the more hurdles that there are for new players to learn about and climb over the less likely they are to stick around.

there has to be room for new players in the hub and one shot kills do not help that.

theres no incentive for me to be in any of the pay arenas if i have to deal with people one shot killing me.

i might not be the one of the group of people that you are aiming for with the hub since i want to hunt and mine and craft also, so take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

2. Master Chief
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Master Chief Smuggler - Hibernation
    Angelic

CSR
    Society:
    Irken Invaders

your right, but got to remember whatever way this goes. it will directly or indirectly hurt others, I've invested alot of time and peds into tiering such weapons which none of them are even capable of one shot kill but maybe save ammo in the end.

3. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

well hopefully and most likely cyrene staff are more smart than me and will come up with a nice compromise.

perhaps with enhancer bps and ect just for the hub. with stats that are balanced and fair for all parties involved. this would also tie the hub more closely to the planet if there was a demand for things going each way.

and i am guilty of exaggerating the one shot kills.

4. DiabloP
    • Cyrene Pioneer

DiabloP New Member
    Energetic

Society:
    Sons of Anarchy
    Again it all depends what long term idea of the hub cyrene developers have in mind. Is it going to be a place where players can just take their quad and head this way without any previous preparation and have a few hours of pvp fun, or is it going to be just like any other activity in EU which requires months and maybe years of previous preparation before you can have a chance at it.

5. Mogon
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Mogon Member

On the subject of item tiering. Let them tier, but only allow HUB specific enhancers on them, available for purchase at the PvP Terminal. These enhancers could give things such as reduced decay, reduced ammo burn, or other economy boosting but not performance boosting items. It gives a purpose to tiering while at the same time not giving them a flat power increase.

DiabloP likes this.
  6. Master Chief
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Angelic

CSR
    Society:
    Irken Invaders
    Not a bad idea, but remember always look for an edge. Think about it Damage enhancers only add onto base min and maximum dmg its not like its +10 dmg, its avg out to +1.5 min and +3 max. if you run those numbers it doesn't make a difference much basically it takes armored users and subtracts the armor phase.

7. George Skywalker
    • Cyrene Pioneer

George Skywalker Active Member
    No Mood

Perhaps there should be an NPC character called Kris let loose in there. Who occasionally shouts out, "I shall not swing the ban hammer in vein!. All the while running around with a massive hammer, knocking people out :)

Also an Ed Robles 3 NPC armed with some super duper weapon. Perhaps shouts his favorite phrase (not sure what that is) before he whacks ya :)

Lykke NPC should also be in there running around shouting, "boys! behave yourself!". Then joins in the action herself ;)

Sorry no serious suggestions. Perhaps some kind of pvp training simulator would be nice. For people like me who are not good at pvp to practice in. Perhaps it could have the above mentioned NPC's in there to make it fun :)

SliverX and non like this.
  8. Master Chief
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Angelic

CSR
    Society:
    Irken Invaders

lol I actually like this idea, Have an NPC spawn in an 'simulator style' doesn't have to shoot back but run around to help train the reflex's and pvp skills.

non likes this.
  9. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

Well, I still think people should be able to 'make their way up' through the levels from inside the hub areas themselves by winning fights.(Doors could be unlocked, or simply running access like the entry to the hub from the room with the terminals...)
    In terms of the economics, maybe a 'dynamic' spawning system of mobs should be in place, with activity (shooting each other) at a lower hub level acting like 'fertiliser' to spawn mobs in the level higher up. These mobs would have worthwhile loots on them, possibly upping in expected mu from low level processor to high level, or whatever.

The 'motivation' for taking part in the hub can be both fun and ped gain. We know that players ultimately need to be paying for everything, but it needs to be spread more subtly than 'fight winner gets 80% of loser's entry fee in the form of tokens'!

Also, in terms of avatars being equal - I disagree. I think if an avatar loses a lot, then that avatar should maybe get the radar range value of a snablesnot male, or something... and there should be more passages and rooms to run away into. The robot beacon instances offer one type of environment, the Arkadia key instances another. I like both more than the hub areas as they are now, though.

non likes this.
  10. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

pretty much agree with everything written here.

the arenas do need to have some more diversity. some narrow passages some camping spots that have to be worked around, the things that make playing fps challenging.

finding that perfect sniper spot.
    finding the corner that you can hide behind and shoot people in the back.
    wide open spaces that are under constant watch where moving across them takes alot of courage.
    narrow arrays of interconnected hallways that are a challenge to find your way through never know if areond the next bend lurks another player.

dont get me wrong i think that the current arena are fun and a nice starting place but there needs to be improvement and new maps added, or maybe an arena with random maps loaded every hour or so. just something to keep it fresh and new.

playing the same maps over and over gets a bit boring no matter how fun they are.

11. TunerS
    • Cyrene Pioneer

TunerS Travelling through time...
    Curious

Society:
    Brainstormers
    If you are not able to fix "fap lag" then maybe you can just remove the speed boost from it and give additional 1-2 heals a minute to compensate it. Maybe even to make it more challenging, reduce heals per minute to ~10 or even less and increase heal points. That way players would actually make a tactics and maybe fight till the very last hp not just run around healing all the time. I have been in HUB quite a lot lately and no matter how skilled players are, there will be a time that they will just run around healing because it just pays off better than taking that chance of dying and fighting till the end.

Also i think that all flamethrowers after damage is just too high. Would be better that it would do normal damage as every other weapon and then delayed damage that is not more than 20% of max damage and only once in like 5 seconds or so. Right now if player is able to focus enemy for at least 3 seconds then he gets not only normal damage from direct hits but also 3 or even 4 times after damage that just destroys anyone. I think it would be best that direct hits would do most of the damage and then after damage just finishes off enemy in case he is getting out of range.

Can you please remove the confirmation window when entering PG arena? It's a real pain to get teleported back to revival every time when we need to accept that confirmation window for paying 10 sweat. I mean it's sweat, it's practically laying around for free. Why would i need to confirm the entry into arena every time if i have full inventory with it and i have been there for like forever. Maybe an option like "Do not show this again..." or "Remember my choice..." box to check.

Some ideas about HUB are still forming up so to be continued....

DiabloP and non like this.
  12. Thanatos
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Thanatos Fate Thanatos Themis
    Bored

Home Page:
    Society:
    Task Force
    years back i was in one of top clans of Counter Strike. now i wonder, if im that bad atm, or its just that laggy so i kill ppl quite that often they get me?
    all other issues like weapon balancing are less important to me, since everyone can use it.

13. Goldmoon
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Goldmoon There can be only one, and YOU BUB; Are NOT IT.
    Fine

Retired: Disabled Vet
    Home Page:
    Society:
    Syndicate of Fenris
    God forgive me, for I shalt be crushing a TON of toes in this one.

Please understand the first part of this is to remind you of the workings and ideals of this engine - to make a shake you up and wake up realization of what this engine does and can't do.

IT IS NOT MEANT TO HURT YOUR FEELINGS OR DESTROY YOUR DREAMS. (MA does that for us)

1st: Ahem - Do you think this is a First Person Shooter Game? If you did, please log out - uninstall and be on your merry way to your Call of Duty or Half-Life. Whether you like it or not - PVP in this game is COSTLY, even at this lowered amount in the HUB. It is STILL a cost, money out in some way - in this player's opinion: fun? Sure. Worthwhile in a game designed to take my money in the first place and pay back in 80% increments on a good day? Not Even Close.:HellNo:

Ahhh -- Ok. Now onto the second problem.:whip:

If you attempt turn this game in any way into a First Person Shooter event - it will not only tax your system (as you said - this hack job of CryEngine is not designed to handle thats kind of game) it will probably KILL the servers. 98% if not 99.99% of all actions are based on the servers in here. Could you imagine the loads if hundreds of us got into the 'fun arena' and ran around shooting and laying turrets, etc. etc.:headscratch:

Don't get me wrong, I love a good FPS multiplayer kill fest. Can this engine handle it? Sure, if it is used in it's pure form. Can Entropia Universe handle it? The same people who's engine is designed to monitor your every footstep now and transaction / shot / sneeze / bathroom break to the millisecond? No, no it is not.

Mind Ark, like my last rant that got 'Rolled Back' :cry_2: , controls this system to benefit them. Not us as users. We are supposed to 'Live' in here, not so much as play in here. Sure, we play around - they want us to do that so we loose money to them - but the users who think and live in here are the ones who either break even or move a little bit ahead. Note I used USERS, not PLAYERS. Take this world as a 'game' - and you will find yourself not only depositing hundreds if not thousands of dollars. You will never make anything back. Oh! And World of Warcraft is far cheaper at $15/mo. and designed for fun and entertainment at the same time.

Like I said above, I want to be entertained - who doesn't? Doing it in this game is the wrong place 90% of the time. Unless you are parallel with one of your professions. Love to mine? Go for it! Like to shoot things? Go hunt! Love to set a crafter on and walk away for 10 hrs... we got that too!

So why come in here and rain on everyone's ideas? :cold_shower: Not to be mean. More of a way to remind you that this isn't a true game in the sense. It wasn't designed to have these features in it. In fact, they stripped most of that code out of the CryEngine for a reason. Probably to make room for the server side only gig.

"Ok, so what in the heck does that have to do with me? I love pvp and everything to do with it!" you say. If that was actually true, you'd be in a PVP4 area or space stealing from the players who work for their loots. PVP thrill AND a way to pay for it in this world - couple that with the fact 99.999% of the users here could care less and don't prepare for it, WHAMO! Instant success.
    :punish: :stayontopic::punish:
    Sorry there, sometimes I get talkative and loose my train of thought. Ok, topic...stay on topic....​
    Ok, I love the idea of an area that costs me only sweat to get into. Fun times at a cheap work price. I only got to put time into gathering it. Well at least for the first area, after that it starts to cost me money and time.

I like the fact that the items are bound to the HUB only. This makes me wonder why the highest level coin area rewards are such pansies. We could really "Shoot for the moon" per say, since MA will probably not care much as it doesn't effect their profit margins on Calypso. (We can't take the OP Weapons / Armor out to their worlds).

Simple rewards built into the 'zone' - nice. Give us a reason to want to be in there (spawned coins atm). Once again, if we made these 'HUB only' rewards - and un-trade terminal sellable. We can really make it worth while. MA won't stomp on the idea cause once again - we can't take the item out, sell it without some effort and abuse it as such since it only works here in the HUB. Then you could go to random item spawns, rare yet there. etc.

I noticed a few gripes on the "healing speed effect" - I believe you notice that because there's only about 4 people max in a HUB event usually. Put 20 people in there, and this boost will not make much of an edge.

The only time I think a player should ever have a 'shield' is when they first pop into the arena. Any other time, will get abused to keep a person safe until they want to shoot something, get the point, and then reapply the shield.

Removable: That darn staircase of doom! - You know what I mean if you visited my jail cell and current home here on Cyrene in the HUB.

Ok, I best stop - Please send all your FLAME and HATE Mail and Comments to: Master Chief. You can see his post above this one.

- Love and Hugs To All!

- Goldmoon -

Remember: Before you post "Ideas" make sure you know the abilities of the product first. Thank You.

Master Chief likes this.
  14. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

i dont think its a good idea to put boundaries and limitations on the scope of one thoughts or ideas.

just accepting that something can not be done within the confines of a certain framework is dooming your self to mediocrity.

and the last thing i want cyrene to be is mediocre.

i am happy to see innovatiosn like skills being leveled in the hub.
    i want to see innovation like mechs in pvp.
    i want to see innovation like dynamic changing land areas not only on planet cyrene but also in the hub.

i want to see innovation plain and simple. i want the boundaries of entropia to contiune to expand. i want cyrene to be at the forefront of this charge leading entropia into a new golden age bringing in countless new avatars and depositors.

i dont want to settle for this being as good or as fun as it can get.

so let gush forth all ideas from the dead and under used grey matter of our brains and let them flood these threads. from within the multitude of useless mundane and unimplementable ideas one may come screaming forth from the darkness of our minds that makes cyrene and entropia a better place. ... and its fun ;)

Master Chief likes this.
  15. Goldmoon
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Fine

Home Page:
    Society:
    Syndicate of Fenris
    Oh, I agree - but neither our wants nor the development team of Cyrene can make Mind Ark want to change anything. It's their core motto. I'm not trying limiting our ideas, just informing everyone what can and can not be realized after 10+ years of living in here.

Course, you never know - maybe an idea for something fantastic might make MA want to dump their entire core code and revamp it into something new. :woohoo:

One can hope. Until then, Spin that EU Slot Machine another round!

:ping:

16. TunerS
    • Cyrene Pioneer

TunerS Travelling through time...
    Curious

Society:
    Brainstormers
    So here is my idea about possible HUB TEN event. Might be the first one tho so... NO PVP! Yea i know a lot of you probably want it to be PVP but let's be honest - no matter what you make there will always be someone disappointed. So maybe event could work like this.

Special HUB arena only for TEN event where only the ones with a ticket can get in. Arena would be filled with special monsters that could drop default loot or just PVP tokens and some HUB only weapons that would be unique (TIP 1) ... or just spawn some mean monster that everyone hates to hunt. Teams would be allowed and skills in that arena would still be the same for everyone (110HP etc.). There would be registered 3 events a day for 2 or 3 days, each a few hours long. Players would need to register for this event by buying a ticked for specific time, for example, "HUB TEN event: Day 1 - 15:00-20:00". If player or team have participated in the "Day 1 - 15:00-20:00" event then they can't participate anymore - limited to one entry only for any player. Different times and same skills would allow participate everyone who wants. Winners would be the ones that would get the most monster kills in these hours. If players are in the same team then every kill would go to team score and in case of winning prize, it would be given to a team leader. In this case of course solo players would have a great disadvantage but for teams it would mean to work as best as everyone can to win. Skills would be the same, weapons also the same and only the best tactic and teamwork would lead to victory. To compensate players for participating solo there could be random prizes with Cyrene specific items or a possibility to loot unique HUB only weapons.

TIP 1: Make a long range rifle that can do 110-110 damage and have 3-5 uses a minute. Perfect for sniper only arena where one precise shot is all it takes...

Master Chief and Goldmoon like this.
  17. Goldmoon
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Fine

Home Page:
    Society:
    Syndicate of Fenris
    Love it -- kind of a "Merry Mayhem" thing for the TEN Party.

18. Caapo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Caapo New Member
    Lurking

I also agree that fap is too powerful. But what i realy like would be the ability to heal cheaply before re-entering the arena. Now if you acidentaly fire or heal at revive, you pay expencive decay. And if you dont heal before, some might one shot you as you return.

This is small issue, i only post this as server is down and im bored..

non likes this.
  19. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

The Hub now shows many more areas that are currently waiting to be unlocked. < from vu notes ;)

this is exciting :D any speculations?

20. Thanatos
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Thanatos Fate Thanatos Themis
    Bored

Home Page:
    Society:
    Task Force
    im dissapointed with hub lag level i experience, so im not excited at all about that, sorry :(