1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Bug Report Spelling mistakes

Discussion in 'Technical - Suggestions and Bug Reports' started by Quint, May 2, 2012.

1. Quint
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Quint New Member

Society:
    Rapture of Rebellion
    Yesterday I spent about 2 hours on Cyrene. I really enjoyed the graphics, there are many nice surprises in the middle of nowhere when you run around. The missions were quite OK too, I don't think I encountered as many issues on them as some other people seem to.

But what did annoy me, is the absolutely childish spelling mistakes. The first one I saw was an NPC called "A.R.C. Solider" (not sure about A.R.C., but point is about the Solider"). Initially I thought it was intended like that and didn't have anything to do with a "soldier". But a few minutes later I read something about a Captian, where it clearly should have been "Captain". There were more, although a bit less obvious, like "ravenious" instead of "ravenous" and a mission instruction referring to "the on of the volcano".

Now I do realize that the average gamer doesn't care much about spelling, I'm not a spelling freak either, but mistakes like Solider and Captian are so... well, childish, that it made me wonder how such blunders can get through any testing system. When a company releases anything with mistakes like these, even if it's a soft launch, I can only think that they are absolute amateurs.

I assume that the dev team does not speak or write English fluently but even then, ANY spellchecker would have caught these. Most worrying is : when things like this got through, what else has gotten through ? And I am not referring to spelling mistakes only, I'm more worried about game mechanics.

And yes, I could report every spelling mistake and I'm sure it will get corrected in a next vu. I would do that on Calypso or Arkadia, when I see a spelling mistake maybe once a year or less. But for spelling words like soldier or captain, you shouldn't need the help of the community to find out. If you do, well, I fear for the future of Cyrene.