1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

So, what are your thoughts of Cyrene?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Divide D. Impera, May 1, 2012.

1. nlnforever
    • Cyrene Pioneer

nlnforever Member

Society:
    Planet Express
    I don't want to say how I feel about Cyrene, but I have some honest advices and Ed/Cyrene dev team should read:

You guys give different approach from other planets, therefore, existing players who are used to the current gameplay may feel uncomfortable. However, please forget the current player base. just totally forget them and their opinions. You need to focus on newbie players.

Newbies are important, without newbie, the game will not evolve. Do not make it is too expensive for newbies. Especially in the HUB PVP Arena, 80% return is just too greedy. Focus more on contents which help newbies, it's the only way for long term growth.

2. Divide D. Impera
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Divide D. Impera Member
    Horny

Student
    You're right that newbies are important, but like I've stated on EP, it's a fallacy to believe that older players aren't needed to populate the planet, teach the newbies, get the economy going so the newbies doesn't leave for Calypso when the emptiness of Cyrene becomes too great.

3. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

i am not trying to be contary but i counter this with; i dont think vets realize how easily they can thoroughly dominate gameplay.

by this i mean that players that have been around for a while have access to much better dps and armor.

so for an example i am grinding some pedes and suddenly there appears a vet and my puny hks just cant pump out the dps and i am left scrambling to get to even a lone lowly pede or bot to even have that taken by the longer range of said weapons.

i know this is not a fair example but its just an example off the top of my head to illustrate my point as it becomes even more true as you progress up the danger lvl of the various mobs.

before its said i am not saying that vets dont deserve the benifits of the higher dps or anything of the sort, its just a fact of life as you progress you get better stuff. its just something that needs to be acknowledged and thought through.

4. Thanatos
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Thanatos Fate Thanatos Themis
    Bored

Home Page:
    Society:
    Task Force
    dont forget about vets, or older players. i got 3 disciples atm based in cyrene, and i think they would have a bit harder start if not me. some of them, like non, didnt need much of attention, cuz played a bit already, but still, this mentoring give us both alot of fun, and profits, even if not measured in peds, but still, satisfying.

if u leave my and other older players sence of purpose here, younger players gonna struggle a bit more.

cheers

non likes this.
  5. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

Cyrene is a great planet in my opinion! it has everything that i am looking for:

high mu ores and en matter that you just have to be willing to put the time in and explore for. Lots of oil and lyst to get a nice start on crafting skills with the basic filters bp :).

loots from low lvl mobs that can be used in low lvl sib bps.

bps that create a market for sweat and that produce things that there seems to be more of a market for than chairs :p

a token system that rewards active players with items and hopefully great bps. With the promise of future events that will the reward the dedicated even more.

very nice starter tt weapons and mobs to swunt with them.

and lets not forget the spear v1 a mountain climbing monster that is nigh indestructible (except for the invisible potholes, and unleveled bridges :p).

the planet is beautiful with great environments blending together almost seamlessly.

I believe that i have found a home here. the future offers so many potentially wonderful things that i dont know how anyone could leave this wonderful place and not look back.

the future is bright for cyrene and her populace :)

Thanatos likes this.
  6. AlricBezel
    • Cyrene Pioneer

AlricBezel Active Member
    No Mood

I waited 3 years for cyrene to come out and came back to game on a permanent basis because of cyrene being out. I am not disappointed with the concepts that I see around the planet and I look forward to the planet developing more. I realize that there is a lot that the development team has to work on but if something is going to be introduced to the game it should look and work properly, which in some cases just isn't happening. I am not saying that this is only on cyrene of issues with bugs, I just hope that when someone takes the time to type out what is a problem that the people in control of the planets development actually take the time to do something about it, after all that's what they are getting paid for.

7. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

wow, very nice post on Sunday, Non!:)
    If I may say so, here we have an example of someone who almost didn't stay because of 'feeling noobish'?
    Now, Non is already making good lists of the plusses on Cyrene!
    I'm very happy for you that you have make that curve, Non, but the developers need to realise that many new people are not and will probably not be making it without the right 'player environment'.

Where I disagree with you a bit is on the vets. Your example was off the top of your head you say, but etiquette says that you don't kill steal other people's mobs. I know of one area where pedes are a bit random, and one area where they respawn in separate little groups of 2 very soon after killing them both. The pedes have 20 health, so can in theory be stolen if you are using a starter weapon, but I really don't think that kind of player will be the sort to be active on Cyrene. I think either area will be fine for new players in practice, maybe spawn size should be addressed at some point if more players are active. However, there have been comments about the densities of the merkofen, which are on the daily mission, and the density has now been increased very nicely.

I don't know if the appearance of the the Lords (or the test of courage at the Zimkimbro) has been made more workable for many green dots at once, but progress is being made!