1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Hunting Small mob return test

Discussion in 'Professions' started by RAZER, Mar 27, 2013.

1. RAZER
    • Cyrene Pioneer

RAZER again, I have no idea...
    Goofy

Society:
    The Company
    Usually I don't double post my stuff on 2 forums, but in this case I think it might be useful.

What I am going to do is to see what the return rate is while hunting small mobs. I have done this with Halix on Arkadia and planning to do this with Crystal Pedes on Cyrene.

It took a while to find them, but I found a nice spawn near Setter Docks I'm going to use for this test.

I'll be keeping track of decay and loot and I will be hunting naked and shooting a TT S.I. HK110, no amp, no attachments. I think there will be little need for healing, but if there is I'll be using my Herb Box.

Today I did do a little test to see where I'm at but did not get the exact numbers, but it seems I'm around a 95% return (for 1 run, so this is by no means a representation of the truth).

Feel free to comment or ask questions.

Manny and Thanatos like this.
  2. RAZER
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Goofy

Society:
    The Company
    My little hunt today was pretty nice, 4.39 PED profit and a return of 108%
    Overall average return is now 97%, so not bad at all.

kjellings likes this.
  3. narfi
    • Cyrene Pioneer

narfi Lost

Aircraft Mechanic
    Home Page:
    Very nice Razer :)
    I have to say the big mobs on Cyrene treated me well yesterday as well.

4. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

Hi Razer :)
    Are you including the ammo fully in your calcs, even the loot boost level ammo of below 1 pec?
    I ask because on runs of 500 pedes it makes about 2 peds difference to the TT value loot figure just on all those "0.00" loots. Yes, I know it doesn't change the profit/loss, but it does usually affect the percentage return rate on such small mobs by a couple of tenths of a percent each run (upwards if expecting a loss) ;)

Basically, are you really killing 500 pedes for 54 peds, or is it actually more like 56 peds?
    If it's 54 then the hk is somehow more efficient than the entropedia stats make out when compared to the scorpion....
    (which is faster = less mob heal, but the scorpion has slightly less eco).

5. RAZER
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Goofy

Society:
    The Company
    OK what I do is buy 50 PED of ammo and go out hunting, after my hunt I put all the loot including the left over ammo in the TT. I put my weapons and FAP in the Repair Terminal and from that I calculate the %

So I have -50 PED (ammo) and lets say -4 PED (decay) -> -54 PED (expenditure)
    and I have 52 PED in loot and left over ammo (income)

(52 / 54) * 100 = 96% return

I could just use the ammo spend and remove the left over ammo from the loot, but I think that the outcome will be the same. Als this is a lot harder to do these days, as ammo does not end up in a separate stack in your inventory anymore :(

I believe this calculation is correct, but if it is not and I have been doing this all wrong, please let me know.

6. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

a easy answer would be use blp, melee or mf on cyrene since blp ammo does not drop. and sme drops no where and melee uses none.

just a thought. no help if you dont skill any of them though

7. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

yeah, finding the actual killing cost is easier with blp, melee or mf.
    My question on the calculation method is... how do you know it is 50 ped ammo actually spent? (as it can be less or more). If your hunt is 1 pede, for example, or if you get ammo loot and can keep the hunt going longer than the original 50 ped ammo you bought.
    In this case it is close enough I guess though, and is approx. 500 pedes, so you could make it fixed at 500 on the mission counters. Fully decaying a gun would actually work to keep the costs exactly the same, just that we don't know the exact number of shots unless analysing the chat logs (which I've not bothered to do either). ;)
    Anyway, gl !

8. RAZER
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Goofy

Society:
    The Company
    I know for a fact that it is less ammo then 50 ped. But just using the 50 ped as the number and adding the not spend ammo to the loot, should give me the same number as when I use the exact amount of ammo spend en only take the looted ammo into account.

I will try with BLP and see if there is any big change in the %

9. Agis
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Agis Well-Known Member
    Inspired

borrow my fenris gun and try its BLP RAZER

10. RAZER
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Goofy

Society:
    The Company
    WOOT the wiki feed is back !!

Done a few more hunts and recalculated the other as I had been doing it slightly wrong. I have redone the math and have now not included the ammo I had left over. This makes the numbers fluctuate a bit more, but overall the numbers should be the same.

11. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

I wondered why the wiki feed had gone.... ok good!
    To be plus in a run you need some multiplier loots. The "3.5x" multiplier is the most common, but they aren't enough on their own on a normal run. Where you made a profit of 4.39, it looks as if you already got one of the rarer high multipliers (on a very low mob), maybe a 40x, or two 20s. You are close to 90% overall so far, though, the figure generally claimed as the long-term tt return for fairly eco hunting :). Thanks for sharing!

12. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

cant wait to see what looting a hk 400 will do to you test.

13. RAZER
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Goofy

Society:
    The Company
    As far as I know the highest loot I got on these guys was around 8 PED, which was pretty nice.
    and yes close to 90%, so I'm pretty happy, will continue with this test and see where I end up. The test I did on Halix was on about 3000 of them, and so far I'm at 800 Pedes, so I still have a while to go.

The missing wiki feed was a glitch we had over at entropiaplanets that some how developed during an update, but all is fixed now ;)

Lykke TheNun likes this.