1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Shrapnel drops and new missions

Discussion in 'Newcomers Area' started by Stradaveria, Apr 19, 2023.

1. Stradaveria
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Stradaveria New Member

Society:
    none
    So when killing the 200 things that look like fire eyed platypuses'. one it was not easy, when i could take down lvl3s to 5s on calypso.

but then i found the tiny lvl5 horses that were super easy kills. with more skill xp.

But the one thing i noticed was the absolutely trash shrapnel drop rate.

I am still using my Z11 barbarella cause efficiency and well lvl 4 laser sniper.... I cant get ahead on ammo, or break even, even after 100s of kills. the number is still steady dropping.

and i fear it will end my adventure on cyrene, cause i am not giving up hard earned cash for ammo, when on calypso it would go positive or break even after several hours of killing.

Why is the drop rate so much worse. Lvl2 bots paid .11 to 2.50 and sometimes 3.00 ped shrap drops on them even had a 5pedder shrap drop on lvl2 bot. even the punys had .09 and greater.

but everything on cyrene is .008 to like at best .06 a max so far after 500 kills or more .79ped...guess that was supposed to be like the 5pedder i got on calypso.

now i would say the loot like Hides, oils, ect ect make up for that, but well selling it on the Auction house is slow, and lower pay out.

when i could just risk the biscuit and travel back to calypso, and make more, well if i dont get PvP killed.

cause i know there are missions for arc badges to do turn ins, but i am not high enough up to even consider doing that set of missions and getting the unobtainable 4000 badges plus all the other insane to get stuff to make that armor. or even the first set. it is not a goal for me.

MY GOAL RIGHT NOW IS PED. make PED stay positive, invest only 30 dollars or less a week into this game, but ALWAYS STAY POSTIVE in PED...

no wasting money on useless items like CLOTHS. even though i want to look cool at some point.

main goal is hunt down the best God teir unlimited items for drop.
    Get good armor after finish my metorship for the pixie armor.
    stay away from using ped mindlessly...and MAKING REAL MONEY to be good.

I have come to this game from over 20 years of other MMOs and the play and experience they bring.
    I wanted to play this game some 10 years or more ago. but when i started playing, i could not even get into it, or understand it. and i was a teen in highschool..and just wanted to have fun.

now i am a old guy, thinking...if i do this right...READ READ READ, understand things, I COULD make a decent passive income. not looking to retire rich, but say i want to buy that new shiny power tool for crafts, i can say wait, i got 1000 dollars from this game over here saved up. lets go to ACE HARDWARE and get that DRILL PRESS i want.

I am willing to go 20 to 40 dollars a week to invest. but not be drained all the time.

SO AFTER THE OLD MAN RANT UP THERE.

second question why am i finding it so hard to hunt down the other mobs, like duster ect for 200 kills. and can i just find them in the instance. that i only found out about yesterday?

2. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    Hey Stradaveria,

I just wanted to say thank you for this post, it's always good to get current feedback on the new player experience and you made some good points in both your posts that I want to touch on.

One of the things we're looking at is having more and weaker starter creatures concentrated in this area. Especially in the face of pleaks and arrets which are new additions to Cyrene.

Loot composition is an ongoing process that we're working to refine each update. A lot of players want to have more shrapnel in their loot and we have taken steps to introduce more and will extent that down to some lower level creatures as well.

The A.R.C. Badges are a long term goal for all Cyrene players, brining with them access to missions, buffs, blueprints and more.

There are some lower level activities to start collecting them, even from sweat turnins.

I think there's a fair amount of players in game and on Discord who are very helpful and provided good resources to help players navigate on Cyrene.

I don't think any Dusters are in any instance on Cyrene, there is an instance filled with Weak Paneleons though right near Rookie TP.

Cheers,
    Kris

3. Stradaveria
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Stradaveria New Member

Society:
    none
    Thank you very much for your response and feedback, and mostly your time.

Beytova Stradavaria Bach