1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Quick Hub Suggestion

Discussion in 'Developer's Corner' started by dragus359, May 6, 2012.

?

Sloths or Kittens?

1. Sloth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Kitten

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. (secret answer: Fighter Jets & Lasers)

100.0%
  1. dragus359
    • Cyrene Pioneer

dragus359 Tony "T-Bone" Peralta

Society:
    Brainstormers
    I don't know how many of these types of threads there are already, so I'm sorry for adding to the clutter. Anyhow, here are my two cents: anti-cheat software, i.e. - Punkbuster. Although I hate Punkbuster to my very core, I tend to hate cheaters even more. Generally, I find that this sentiment is echoed throughout the gaming universe. Even if people weren't cheating, having Punkbuster would generally preclude that "feeling" that people are cheating. For example, I tried out the hub today, and my face got uber pwnd. Now, I play my fair share of FPS, so this huge failure was rather unexpected, and I couldn't help but think that maybe my opponent was cheating. I have no proof, but were Punkbuster (or equivalent) enabled, I would have been much less likely to entertain that thought.

In short, implementing Punkbuster (or other anti-cheat software) would help ensure that people keep using the hub; without it, new players will run away faster than the laser coming out of those new fancy rifles and other gizmos. As opposed to various individualized patches, Punkbuster would help maintain the system's integrity in the long-run (and would hopefully be less of a hassle for the dev team). Win, win!

Good day, and happy developing!

P.S.: I'm a big fan of disabling that auto aim/fire feature in the hub and the drag-and-drop health bar as well. I've seen a few posts talking about those issues, and I hope that those ideas get implemented soon-ish :)