1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

PVP areas on Cyrene

Discussion in 'PvP' started by amale, Aug 5, 2021.

1. amale
    • Cyrene Pioneer

amale New Member

Recently when I was on Cyrene I noticed the two pvp zones doesnt really serve a purpose.
    The Divine Golem that spawns for the Mission Galactica bonus mission inside a lootable pvp isnt really that big of a attraction.

I'd like to share some ideas, lmk what you think or if you have something to add.

Duster Hazing station, non-lootable zone in the SE side of the desert.

- 220m x 500m is way too small, if you can, make it atleast 500x500.
    - remove the fog, but that said, the zone could be outlined with fog, so anyone from outside couldnt see players inside. The fog inside is more annoying than what it is immersive.
    - terrain and buildings here make the zone look more interesting, but some areas dont seem to be in balance.
    - since its not lootable, its more likely that entry/medium level players who are interested in pvp will enter this zone, few ideas to make the fights more fair:
    1. add a soft cap for health (~200?)
    2. add a cap for the weapons base dps (~50?)
    - create a point of interest somewhere in the middle:
    1. crystal drops ~10-20ped/hour?

NGU Volcano, the lootable pvp zone NW side of the map.

- make the terrain more flat, not saying all the hills should be removed, but currently its easy to get stuck or have the claim in a unreachable spot.
    - add wreckages or something, to make it more immersive, it would be also more fun to play around them.
    - the zone is small, but maybe it just feels small because of the volcano in the middle
    - add a somekind of incentive, ideas below:
    1. new mob, that loots materials used in high end limited gear* (what if you guys had your own series of craftable high-end pvp weapons/armors)
    2. rare ore/enmat like pyrite, blood moss, fire root, redulite etc, or something new that could be used for crafting the high-end (L) items.
    3. shrine that would appear anywhere in the zone with a random spawntimer, and once it spawned there should be notification for it, the one who captures it gets rewarded.
    Shrine active ~20min after spawning, total of ~10min time spend within 20m range to capture.
    4. simple oil rig type of area, but the droprate would have to be 50ped+/hour, to offset ped spent in toxic shots.

General rules that could be applied to both of these zones:
    - dont allow vehicles inside nor near these zones.
    - dont allow teleporting .
    - disable radar in these zones, its pvp, players have to be aware of the surroundings.

Probably forgot to mention something.

PS. the incentive doesnt have to be PED drops, it could be skillboosts + random buff. But for the larger audience the pure ped works better.

amale

Shawna | Cyrene and Thanatos like this.
  2. Thanatos
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Thanatos Fate Thanatos Themis
    Bored

Home Page:
    Society:
    Task Force
    i like your initiative to change those areas, but i dont agree with many of propositons. I'll elaborate about this topic more tomorrow, but overall thx for bringing this up :)
    Cheers!

Justine likes this.
  3. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    Hey amale,

This is a nice post, thanks for providing your PoV on these 2 PvP locations, I'd like to make a few comments before other players start to chime in:

I think in the future we can enlarge it, or at least make it a square play area.

The fog is something we’ve been looking at planet wide.

You mean to say there are some areas that are more defensible?

We can look at some of these limitations, but we want it to be broad, weaker players can try to band together to fight higher level players, for example.

Any sort of big drops that would need to be 1st discussed with MA (of course, depending on what sort of crystal you mean).

I can talk to the team about some of these adjustments/changes to make the area more playable, while trying to retain the same vibe.

There are some of these mineral types in this area.

This sounds *REALLY* interesting.

These are some changes we can test in the short term.

Of course, there are things that we, as developers, can offer outside of PED that are more beneficial to players.

I look forward to seeing and reading other players' thoughts as well.

Cheers,
    Kris

Thanatos and Shawna | Cyrene like this.
  4. Curd
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Curd Lifetime Platinum Elite Member

Society:
    Task Force
    As a rather medium-level hunter I like that PVP4 on Cyrene is kind of a soft-core PVP with vehicles allowed and radar visible. Although I have finished quite a lot of missions on Cyrene in the past 2.5 years, my highest skill rank is still in mining, so I hope any modification to these areas won't affect mining too much. The shrine idea sounds interesting indeed, though.

Shawna | Cyrene likes this.
  5. Curd
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Curd Lifetime Platinum Elite Member

Society:
    Task Force
    Sad, as far as I am concerned. Can't please everyone, though.

6. Naika
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Naika New Member
    Fine

Society:
    CRT
    hey, had to register to the cyrene forum because i saw your post

this is a awesome idea, specialy the part with the caly rig style pvp

i was very active @ the rig, did spend a lot of ped just to fight there and gearing up

there are actually a lot of people who are interested into new pvp
    most people i talked to cant wait to jump into a calypso rig style lootable zone

also the non lootable zone wuld be great if you had a reason to go there (crystal rig or something)

out of my head i know 20 names of wellknown pvpers who wuld return to the game if there was such a oportunity

just in this moment writing in my imagination it culd look like this :

vulkano lootable zone that spawns ~50 ped per hour on the ground (for the big boys)

the yellow zone that spawns ~20 ped per hour on the ground (for the toys)

just make shure to spawn a mid lvl monster directly to the drop zone and desable vehicles

that way people have to spend ped to pick ped

if the developers need any help in ideas or just want to know something about pvp
    just write me here or ingame, i allways had a lot of interest into this planet because of the pvp ideas
    and currently i´m there to do the zorras :)

Isa Naika Prey