1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Points of Interest: A run to Volcano Beach

Discussion in 'Planet Cyrene News' started by Lykke TheNun, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Lykke TheNun
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Lykke TheNun Well-Known Member
    Roflmao

It is absolutely worth it to run along the coast north from Setter Docks, even if the salty air from the seawater might rip your eyes, the view is beautiful and refreshing.

5.png

At a point you will arrive at one of the many Zyn’Dos Villages (to some also called Tree Village) (coordinates 127660,79224).

3.png

Zyn’Dos are big beetle looking creatures – hard working and always moving in high speed. Their houses look like big bee heaves or termite mounds but are placed on top of the ground. It would be a shame to say they are friendly of nature – so keep an eye when you intrude their habitat.

2.png

Run north along the coast to the upper half island, and you will arrive to an outpost (12730,79819,100) with a small dock. There are small lamps around to make it easier for you to navigate at night.

The small outpost has a revival point and a few other terminals – the surrounding turrets also give you the opportunity to relax safely in the shadow after a long run.

A wise thing when going forward from this outpost is to follow the road back and take the road north from the half islands off spring. Otherwise it might be a little difficult to explore the rest of this area. But you can of course continue along the stoned coast up to the Volcano Beach Camp.

If you go back and follow the road north again, you will find another outpost (127250,80267,128). This outpost has almost everything you desire except an auction. The terminals are placed in a tube shaped bunker and there’s a small fireplace where you can sit and relax before you continue your journey.

6.png

I ran up north along the West coast – but at a time I fell like discovering the in lands more, and ran towards the middle of the island. The land here is more futile and the hard lava stones lie with its almost dark brown/black colors on the ground, reminding you, that this island was built on a volcano.

Running a while upwards I suddenly found another outpost, very similar to the last one. (126710,80887,167) – a great place to relax before heading towards the West coast!

Keep following the road west, south/west you will find the entrance to a dark / misty area. Here's how it looks like from the air:

12.png

This is a very interesting area to explore – though it is filled with big slimy swamp Mutant Jellyworms. But this place also contains wooden house-looking structures and it is clear some kind of civilization is represented here.

11.png

RUN run – unless you have the urge to kill some Jellyworms of course – to the north (and west to the latest outpost) and you will notice you should have kept your hard earned ammo until you reached the hard-hitting improved SkyShatters (126383,81016,122)! The area seems packed with them only waiting for you to pew-pew them back.

10.png

After shooting and hopefully globaling well too, run west towards the sandy beach. As you feel the salty breeze from the ocean you discover yourself back on the road and very soon at the teleporter ‘Volcano Beach’ (125739,81073,128).

8.png

Enjoying the reflection of the big moon in the rolling waves on the beach I wonder, what could possibly be hiding on the other side of the water … when the Fierce Tide Claws suddenly spotted me and interrupted my daydream. Luckily Slip snurb15 Knot was close by and rescued me from being crab food … or should I say “crap” food ... ?

9.png

Attached Files:

MadMike, Nor Alien, WangXiang and 3 others like this.
  2. TunerS
    • Cyrene Pioneer

TunerS Travelling through time...
    Curious

Society:
    Brainstormers
    I have never seen this structure before o_O

[​IMG]

3. Lykke TheNun
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Lykke TheNun Well-Known Member
    Roflmao

Better go explore that area then =)

4. MindStar 9
    • Cyrene Pioneer

MindStar 9 Hoping for the Best
    Inspired

Home Page:
    Nice article Lykke ... I did some exploring when I was doing the 1k Tide Claw mission and it really is an interesting area to get acquainted with ... I high recommend spending the time for sure.