1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

PC Gamer Review.

Discussion in 'Planet Cyrene News' started by Ed Robles 3, May 11, 2012.

1. Ed Robles 3
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Ed Robles 3 Active Member
    Artistic

PC Gamers Josh Augustine has taken a first look at Planet Cyrene and posted a review here http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/10/playing-for-keeps-in-planet-cyrenes-real-money-arenas/

We thank Josh Augustine and the great people at PC Gamer for taking the time to review Planet Cyrene's soft launch. Please show your support by reading the article and if you like it please hit the Facebook Like button or Re Tweet. Every little bit of grassroots effort helps.

Thanks and enjoy.

2. Svarog
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Svarog A pixel guy
    Psychedelic

An interesting read... I almost see how entropians will scrape it up for quotes to use out of context :)

3. Evil Aeon
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Evil Aeon New Member
    Spaced

I will be the first ok ?

"In one sense, you're really just throwing money at the bad guy until it dies" :coffee:

4. Nor Alien
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Nor Alien Whisker Fish
    Yeehaw

Off topic posting..
    Society:
    The Gathering
    Very good review!! It gives good insight into what new players to EU will face! :)

5. AxeMurderer
    • Cyrene Pioneer

AxeMurderer Active Member
    Coldturkey

Home Page:
    Most of it made me wana go play in the PVP arenas. I just hate "
    The open world of Planet Cyrene is basically slot machine."
    statements. And probably will turn away many new players before they even try EU.

6. Sub-Zero
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Sub-Zero Active Member

Someone should have teached the reviewer how to customize his keys, so he could change the hotkeys to a more fps based. (Perhaps maybe you guys can change the default hotkeys, for FPS style when a new player joins Cyrene?).
    Space for jump. Aim mode I use ALT (It's easy to remember and close to jump). I think to add more maneuverability to the hub. MA needs to add: Crouch, lie down like in Battle field 3. And mostly important, add Hit Spots on the body. Example if you hit the person at his feet. You would deal the minimum damage of your weapon, while if you hit on his torso it would hit avg damage, and on his breast. It would deal max damage of the weapon, if you do a headshot it would do a critical hit. This would make the game feel more FPS like, and it would attract more FPS players.
    Just a suggestion :).