1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

New space crafts ?

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by BetaTester, Apr 22, 2012.

1. BetaTester
    • Cyrene Pioneer

BetaTester New Member

Society:
    Nebula Virus
    Is there any new space crafts ? Why its so top secret to show these ?

Its only 10 days left till launch and you not showing anything.
    I have in mind ingame screens.

If you need help just ask i will do free because i participated in that kind of projects.

2. Jaivako
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Jaivako New Member

Society:
    Angels & Devils

Aint it possible it relate to robot wars. When we got those new new robots loots, aint they part for craft new space crafts?? just wonder.

3. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    I think we've shown quite a bit of our vehicles =)
    Check out Covert Operations stories by our own MS9 to see just about all of them =)

MindStar 9 likes this.
  4. Few Scars
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Few Scars Member
    Curious

I think there will be some Limited Cyrene spacecraft first, the unlimited will follow!...I hope

Nor Alien likes this.
  5. Ori'sWorld
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Ori'sWorld New Member
    Fine

Yes! some more space faring vehicles are needed! that are not too far out of the average players price range! and unlimited would be ideal :) maybe a five seater vessel? one seat could be for a fapper! and something fast!! doesnt need a warp drive just needs to go fast! well faster then a vtol and quad combined??

Nor Alien likes this.
  6. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

the problem with getting new space vehicles authorised is, I imagine, the vehicles already around, especially the privateers if you want a five-seater, or so Ori. If the unlimited privateers were given planet access for pilot 2 peds each, then maybe the owners wouldn't mind limited vehicles for just in space, but it's tricky..

For speed the problem is that space is pvp and any vehicles faster than quads would suddenly downgrade quads. I have seen vtols in space from time to time, but at least it was clear from the start that these are the lowest class.

The only way out I can see at the moment would be a new 2-seater in which the passenger can repair the ship (I imagine you mean that when you write 'fapper'). It would have to be slower than a quad to keep some balance in a dogfight that the quad pilot could then escape from when on low SI, but maybe not much slower...

Edit: repairing SI from within would also give a big boost to the ability to use the rk-20 repair tool.. It would even make room for a new rk-30, or whatever....

7. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

Oh, I may as well add that I hope the crafting mats for new vehicles are mostly or all Cyrene-based and that there is a good mats chain for making them. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a return of some of the original vehicle mats such as gearboxes etc as well, but I think having in-demand Cyrene vehicles should play a big part in helping the home economy to grow.

Also (is off-topic here I know), can Lykke or Kris put up a timetable for the harder launch or so somewhere? It is now summer, after all, and that is what has been stated before as a generall timeframe...