1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

New Player things learned about cyrene

Discussion in 'Newcomers Area' started by Stradaveria, Apr 21, 2023.

1. Stradaveria
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Stradaveria New Member

Society:
    none
    So i am new to the game all together. Lots to learn still. But here is what i learned about cyrene.

It is not as new player friendly as you would think. It is kinda of wishy washy there.

If your Mentor, takes you there, make sure you, or him leave you with at least 20k shots with your gun. that might last you a week or less depending on how long you play.
    Why? the shrapnel drop rate is super low on low lvl mobs, so you will steadily lose all your ammo, that is if your converting all shrapnel to ammo.

Some of the low level mobs take 40 forevers to kill. While others can die super easy.
    Averetts AKA TINY HORSES, vs the Panelones. lvl3 Pans take 20 shots at Lvl 5 sniper to kill. While the tiny horses take like 4 or less shots and they are lvl 5. kill THE TINY HORSES FOR SKILLS and loot.

The other mob is good for the Daily 200 kill, as you get a big boost to combat reflexes, when you turn it in, but it is dimishing. my first turn in i got 127.000 points, the second only 85, and 45 on the third day. but still worth it. THIS IS EAT UP YOUR AMMO LIKE CRAZY.

but farming the TINY horses, i could get anywhere from .5 to 2+ points per kill on certain skills, so over time they are still better to kill, just no way to force the points to be for combat reflexes.

Venturing across the planet these are mobs that i came across.

Dragon thing lvl 2, Hard to kill took several shots 20 plus.
    Pleaks easy to kill 1 or 2 shots
    GIANT CRABS lvl 3 HARD TO KILL 20 plus shots
    Drone Bots lvl 7 EASY TO KILL 7 or Less shots
    Jelly blob things lvl 3 MID LVL TO KILL 10 to 20 shots
    JELLY BIG lvl 9 HARD TO KILL 20 plus shots.

Best to stick to the rookie zone and kill the tiny Horses. When you leave go straight, go across bridge into first town.
    Then run though town, to second bridge cross that, tiny horse island.
    or when leaving rookie zone go left across the water to the black dirt island that is where they are. just avoid swimming right though the hackfins.

The other KILL QUESTS

200 dusters
    200 merfolk

DUSTERS are lvl 12 to 16 and will kill you if your not that lvl.
    MERFOLK are lvl 20 or the 1 that i saw was so you cant kill it unless your that lvl.

so the only one you can do as a lowbie is the 200 paneleons. and they will eat all your ammo.

so in end, do a few easy missions, get some stuff. kill tiny horses till you run out of ammo. then take all the loot back to calypos and make that Mark Up.

After Three days, I left with over 150 ped worth of loot, 3k shots left, and only about 6 to 8 hours of play.
    so for me that is Good. considering i went there with 30ped and 20k shots for my Z11 Barbarella. ill make my ammo back shooting punys at icarus.

2. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    Hey Stradaveria,

I just wanted to say thank you for this post, it's always good to get current feedback on the new player experience and you made some good points in both your posts that I want to touch on.

For sure, this is something we can improve upon, making the path to and information about the mobs more clear and where newer players can go to hunt.
    It shouldn't be having to run through bridges and towns that are this far from the starting area.

You can find the Duster Scapegoat (level 2) at this waypoint:
    [Planet Cyrene, 139017, 77890, 102, Waypoint]

You can also find Young Merfolken (level 2) at this waypoint:
    [Planet Cyrene, 139060, 77607, 103, Waypoint]

These level creatures should match with the missions and level much better.

I'm glad that you had a good time and thanks for letting us know your thoughts about this part of Cyrene!

Cheers,
    Kris

3. Stradaveria
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Stradaveria New Member

Society:
    none
    Well I apprechiate that it was taken notice of. Thank you. I know i want the play experience to be fair, as it is, but also less wishy washy. there are some out of date things that could use improvement by mind ark. but I am sure that is out of reach.