1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

New Kill Point Terminals

Discussion in 'Missions' started by jetsina, Feb 7, 2017.

1. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

Hiya,
    vu notes state:
    - Dire Weed Chain Mission
    -- All stages of this mission are now available from the new Kill Point Terminals available across 15 locations on Planet Cyrene.
    -- If a player is already on these missions and cannot see their kills or kill points interacting with one these terminals should update the mission information to show them.

Unfortunately from a testing point of view my kills counter was already on for dire weeds (working towards 1k), but I couldn't really interact anyway. It offered the 50k dialogue and said I needed to finish the 20k first.
    I like it that Kris is trying to improve things, though, and solve the non-counter issue on quite a lot of my missions which I have abandoned because of no trust in what is actually ticking on what mobs.
    So, it would be nice to know if any old player without a counter on their dire weeds mission manages to interact successfully with this newly activated terminal. Thanks :)

2. Tor Henrik Hovi
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Tor Henrik Hovi Member
    Relaxed

Did not find a Kill Point Terminal tried to use the Cyrene Mission Chain Terminals.
    Like jetsina said it offered the 50k dialogue and said I needed to finish the 20k first.
    (I am on the "Kill 5000 Dire Weeds" without a counter)
    Nothing changed, still no counter.

3. Hec
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Hec Active Member
    Fine

Wonder if counter+msg will show up correctly after completing the mission you started before VU??

If it does show up, then something similar happening on another PP (ark) about 2 years back where the (then new) day counter didn't appear for those who started a daily mission before vu but after finishing mission everything worked correctly, which could indicate this type of bug is likely a MA system thing???
    Not perfect situation but hopefully that's the case.

4. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

Completing a mission and moving up to the next one will then show the counter, yes. This has been the case for a couple of years. I tried to get the tide claws to complete, but it didn't. Maybe my guesstimate was wrong or it was a bug, but I then simply refused to hunt another tide claw - or other mobs where I couldn't see the counter - on a point of principle. But I am glad a solution is being attempted, as I said above.

Thanks Henrik for your helpful verification, even though it is negative confirmation...
    Irony: on Ancient Greece you go back a few thousand years; can Cyrene maybe go forward a few thousand vus to get us to where most of us surely want to be? (I don't know what has to happen to MA in that scenario ... I think they need a kick up the time capsule too, possibly a lot more so I suspect)

5. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    Hey guys,

This is all great feedback, I'm going through this with the guys along with the quest debugger to see where the breakdown occurs to get this back on track.

All the feedback is really appreciated.

Cheers,
    Kris

6. jsc
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jsc Crutch
    Fine

web dev
    Home Page:
    also encountering this issue

Attached Files:

Kris | Cyrene likes this.