1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Missions and more missions

Discussion in 'Missions' started by sluggo, Aug 10, 2014.

1. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    I just yesterday decided to take a good hard look at Cyrene and all the missions. Yes I have been here for months doing missions etc etc but just yesterday looked at everything I could find. Trying to streamline my mindless wanderings I guess :D

If you decided just to do the daily missions, it could take you pretty much all day. Given a lot of the missions reward you with skills, this is an insanely good deal here.

I have to be honest and say I am really surprised that more folks have not caught onto this. I hear some folks say there is 'nothing' to do on Cyrene. I say BS, I have a huge list of 'nothing' you can do every day!!

I am posting in some of the other forums, letting people know how much there really is to do here, and am seeing if I could possibly grab a few folks with me (or even one at a time) and show them around when I come here.

I am hoping that with a little more awareness, both in forums and actually SHOWING folks what to do and where, we can get some more people coming to Cyrene and helping our economy.

Speaking of economy, folks don't forget to check the auction every day or so. People are putting stuff up, (me too) that is very useful for crafting.

A lot of the crafters say I don't craft because I can't find the materials. The sellers say, I don't bother with the auction because nobody every buys the stuff and I lose my ped.

If we both start checking the auction hall more often, The sellers can sell their stuff, the crafters can craft their stuff (and sell their products too) and we can change this around.

Ok Ill shut up now and go lay over by my dish.

Sluggo

TunerS, Kris | Cyrene and Thanatos like this.
  2. Spawn
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Spawn Active Member

Home Page:
    Society:
    The Ministry
    Cyrene has to do more to get their own FOLKS.

3. Aurora Loyd
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Aurora Loyd New Member

Society:
    Zen
    Hello, friends !
    I am brand new member of Cyrene colony.
    In the past, I was playing on calypso and arkadia and just came here.
    In general I like what I see on Cyrene, with few exeptions.
    One is lack of ppl, second is some non working (bugged) missions/ npc, or missions that cannot be finished sometimes (explanations about Ambassador, s epiq etc..) and not complex information about dailies. For example I have red all the info I found (cyrene secrets, entropedia etc), but I am still do not know all the dailies I can do, for example. It will be great idea if someone like Sluggo , who is familiar with most of the things here, to post - let say , some systematic/table view of the things one can do every day. It would be good theese things to be divided into player's level and capability of doing missions.
    Regards
    Aurora James

4. Paul Jetman Masters
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Paul Jetman Masters Well-Known Member
    Spaced

here you are, i created this a few months ago to help me out

http://1drv.ms/1oCKnr3

Kris | Cyrene likes this.
  5. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    thats kind of funny that you say that.
    While I am flattered that you think I am an expert I must admit I am pretty new to Cyrene just like you, but am more than happy to help folks out when I can.

I have a spread sheet that shows the daily missions and some details of them that I have e mailed folks in the past, I never really thought it would be useful to post it to be honest, I didn't want to seem like a show off. Like you I spent plenty of visits to the cyrene secrets and cyrene wiki and other sites to get this info and then first hand honing the details.

I don't know how tables would work in a forum post but give me a day or so and let me get it cleaned up a bit and I can post a rough copy of what all is available for daily's collecting and hunting, and some notes about each.

now that I am thinking about it, that is a VERY good idea you have there. If we can show folks what all they can do here daily and how it can help them, perhaps they will be more willing to come visit our totally uber planet here and spend some time and ped!

sluggo

Note: Actually Paul Jetman has posted a very good list for you there. Some of those might be a bit difficult depending on your level but it seems pretty complete.
    Id start with those and I will post additional notes and anything he missed.

6. Aurora Loyd
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Aurora Loyd New Member

Society:
    Zen
    Thank you both for that you are doing.
    This planet is realy good and we should work for societies to become more and stronger.

7. Thanatos
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Thanatos Fate Thanatos Themis
    Bored

Home Page:
    Society:
    Task Force
    Kris | Cyrene likes this.
  8. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    All of the missions and stuff are pretty well documented it seems.
    I will just throw in some tips and stuff.

The daily missions, crafting and mining.
    I would recommend doing the mining first, that way you get some of the ores needed to do the crafting missions.
    Also, there are the daily puny challenges. I would recommend them first before the crafting missions. The puny's regen every 21 hours. The reason I recommend them first is because the tree dragons will get you the cracked/chipped teeth you will need to craft one of the items. Those are not too common a find and are costly on the AH. Ive also notice that the cracked shells which are from the tidal claws, I have not found puny crabs, though I may have just missed them, but find the ones by stoned fires to be fairly easy to walk down and shoot. Just be careful you don't lead them into a turret after sinking 2 ped of ammo into it :x

The mining mission, do the teleport tango, learn what is where and you should do ok on them. Make sure you visited the robot in the supply depot area and have the mining challenges active first so you get credit there too for your mining efforts.

The crafting mission, now... KNOW THIS!!

The mission is easy, but crafting is NOT for the noob. Rule of thumb says you should really have about an 85 percent success rate on a BP before really running it. Otherwise it will get very expensive. Do the noob thing and weld up your skill first before really going hard on the crafting missions or you will end up losing a lot of ped.

Once you craft the items, you goto the Janus gateway to get it 'verified' then back to the supply depot for credit. Unlike the 'collecting' daily missions, you get to keep the materials you made and can just TT them really, or for some, gather enough and auction them.

Instead of bombing you with 40 paragraphs of 'tips' I think I am just going to post a few every few days. Let folks comment on them, add to them etc and keep going that way. Let's see if we can get a little more activity and participation in the forum here.

sluggo

Kris | Cyrene and Manny like this.
  9. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    Here's a tip for Saturday.

The hunting missions. If you take the puny beach teleport that is located in the northern part of the supply depot area (by the pvp zone) and head generally south and over a ridge there you will find 3 mission brokers.

The missions are:
    Meet the Tanhok
    Meet the Zyn Kimbro
    Meet the Turrelion
    The missions are to kill 200 each of Merfolk, Panelions and Dusters respectively.
    For completing these missions you get rewarded with skills: Perception, Combat Reflexes, Weapons Handling respectively.

Once a mission is completed here, you can re start it again 24 hours later.

Another mission is called the Merfolken Initiative, from Coordinator Chang, in which you are required to kill off 3000 of the Merfolk. I would recommend getting this one as well.

The reason you want these two Merfolk missions first is because one of the Daily missions that rewards tokens is the Merfolken Beachhead? available in the ARC Training Area.
    For this one you are required to kill off 20 Merfolk on the beach head.
    By getting the Meet the Tanhok mission and Merfolken Initiative first; all the kills you rack up doing the daily Beachhead mission will also count towards the Tanhok and Initiative mission.

As an extra perk, once you arrive 'in area' to start killing the Merfolk, there are two starting zones that will spawn two additional missions. Lord Psychridon and Regent Halbird.

These two missions ARE area sensitive, and if you go back past the 'activation point' they will abort. (This really should be changed, once you got it active it should stay). If you do happen to abort the mission just go back to the area and it will re spawn. Walk around that perimeter a bit and you will get a feel for the 'start/stop' zone. Once you have the 'spawn' mission active, killing approx 10 Merfolk, either young, adult, or scout will spawn the Lord or Regent. (Be careful, the scouts are a lot tougher than the young or adult Merfolk) Once they are spawned the mission changes to KILL them. Kill them, and then finish off your remaining 20 Merfolk. Once you have killed your 20 report back to Scout McCollough at the ARC Training Area and you will be rewarded. After that report to Training Base South and find the ARC Terminal there and get an extra token each for Killing the Lord or Regent off.

Not only do you get tokens for completing these daily's but you also added 20 or more kills towards your daily Tanhok and Merfolk Initiative missions. At this point you can either keep killing Merfolk and finish off the 200 kills or just let it run into the next day and next day etc until you have completed 200 worth of the Daily Beach heads. I find that for the larger kill missions, that by not really worrying about them, and grinding my 20 a day, before you know it, they are done.

Note: If you do not complete these missions, they will not go away, they will be waiting for you to finish them, and it will just be 24 hours after the time you actually complete them that you can restart them.

Hope this helps you out a bit and have fun.

Stay tuned for some more tips on some more missions and thank you for reading.

Sluggo

Kris | Cyrene, Manny and Vuk like this.
  10. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    Happy Monday everyone. Let's start out the week with another tip on hunting and missions.
    Drillbots, there are two daily smaller scale missions you can accomplish with them.
    "Destroy the Robot Menace" and "They are taking our Minerals."

Before you do embark on these missions though, goto the Supply Depot and talk to James Henry for the Scrap the Drone mission. He is standing next to the NPC's that give out the daily crafting and mining missions.
    This mission is to Kill 100 Drillbots. (Do you see a pattern here like with Merfolken?)
    YES, doing the daily missions, the kills WILL count for this mission, so maximize your work and be eco about it.
    Finishing this mission gives 0.44 PED of Weapon Handling Skills so it is a nice reward type mission!

After getting this mission you will want to get The Miners Psyche mission chain started by talking to Challenger Rean at ARC HQ. This is a multi step mission chain that starts with 100, then 500 and moves up thru stages. This mission awards Psyche Tokens as completion. As with the above mission, doing the daily's adds to the counter on this one as well.

Now that you have grabbed both of the high count missions, it's time to get your daily's.

Destroy the Robot Menace, which is obtained by Talking to Lt. Johnson at Crags Point West.
    This mission requires you to kill 5 drillbots.
    First step is to scout out the area they are located in, go south out the gate and follow it a bit and the mission will change to KILL 5 Drillbots.

BE CAREFUL, if you die during this mission, it aborts and you have to start all over again. I have also found that I believe this mission is a bit area sensitive too, ie, once you cross the 'zone' to activate the kill portion of it, if you go back over that zone it may abort it. Going back over re activates it but you lose any gained kill credits. I have to verify this.

Complete it and report back for a Daily Mission Token.

The next daily is "They are Taking our Minerals", and you can obtain this one by talking to Scout Thompkins at a little camp West of Camp Epsilon. Take a teleporter to Camp Epsilon and go about 500 meters West and you will run into the camp and the NPC. (Note: This little camp is also a revival point so once you are in the field doing your kills, when complete you can 'T' back to the camp.)

This mission starts the same as the previous, he wants you to scout the Drillbot area, which is located generally South / Southwest of the little camp, you can follow the road essentially. Once you get past an area it changes from scout the area to KILL 10 Drillbots. Now unlike the other mission this one will NOT abort if you die or leave the area. These kills do not go away.

Kill your 10 Bots and go back and collect your token.

Once you have completed these two missions, you can continue to kill Drillbots until you get 100 Kills for the 'Scrap the Drone' mission or just wait until the next day to continue grinding on those missions. The Scrap the Drone mission IS repeatable 24 hours after completion, so once it is done you can go back and get it again the next day. (SwEEEET!!).

A little note on the Drillbots, they DO hit fairly hard if you are not an uber goober with super armor on. One method that I have found pretty effective is to use a rifle and get at the outside range of it and shoot them while walking backwards. They WILL advance on you but hopefully if you do not get an 'evade train' by the time it reaches you and starts to smack you around, it is almost dead and will only get in a hit or two before you finish it off. On a good note, if it does help you kick the oxygen habit, they do not regen HP so when you get back it will be just as you left it. :( Gee how do I know this :)

Hopefully this helps a few folks, so get out there and have some fun, and thank you for reading.

Sluggo

11. Cutter
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Cutter Yeah, I did it. So what?
    Amused

Society:
    Dragon Shadow Society
    very very nice,,, i not the greatest planner in the world so these tips layed out like this will help me alot.. Thank you very very Much.

12. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    You are very welcome Cutter. I am hoping that by giving folks a little help and showing them a bit more on the 'how' to do things in Cyrene, they will find that they like the planet more and hang around more. We definitely can use new blood, new money and new customers for our wares :D

sluggo

13. Cutter
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Cutter Yeah, I did it. So what?
    Amused

Society:
    Dragon Shadow Society
    Is there any word on when the "Special Missions: Armor Parts" will be opened and accessable???

ooppss.. Sorry,, wrong thread...

14. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    Hey Cutter,

15. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    Hello everyone:
    It's been a few weeks so I decided to put up a few more daily hints for everyone:

Since they announced that there may be some goodies for us that are gettable with mission tokens, let's concentrate on more ways that we can get those shall we?

In earlier posts I went over some of the hunting missions, now I am going to go over some of the easier ones that essentially all you have to do is turn in items to certain people and they reward you with tokens.

Our First stop will be Zim Kimbro Village, you will want to talk to Ambassador Ravensloft. He will want 5 scrap metal pieces. These can be obtained from Panelions. I find that they drop from the Weak Panelions located on Puny Beach from time to time, or you can trade for them or use the Auction. Once you give him 5 he will reward you with 4 tokens. This mission is repeatable daily.

Next take a little stroll and find Counsilman(s) Rusa and Gneus, they will be located in a hut a little ways past the teleport. Rusa wants 40 Zorn Ore, and Gneus wants 20 Bonding Liquid. They will give you 8 tokens EACH for these items. These two missions are repeatable every 48 hours though, NOT daily. The zorn ore you can trade for, get from auction OR, when you are doing your daily mining run, dig it up there. The daily mining is the best way to get it obviously. The Bonding liquid is actually a crafted item, you need Vibrant Sweat and Super Adhesive to make it. When you are out in Panelions looking for Scrap Metal for the Ambassador, go ahead and sweat them a bit, you can get 80 sweat off each lion and use that sweat to make the bonding liquid. The super adhesive is made with yellow crystals. Guess what, you can find those by doing your daily mining run as well. (See how these all intertwine and work with each other there?)

After you are done in Zim Kim village head over to ARC HQ and from there you can fly west a bit to the stoned fires area and talk to the Reg Officer there, he will want 5 Zorn star ingots, and will give you 3 tokens for them. You get the ingots by putting ore into a refiner or from trade or the auction house. From there go back to ARC HQ, and you can find the Miner 49er bot, give it 5 Zorn Star Ore and it will give you a Token for it. If you happen to have a Light Power Cell, which is a crafted item you make from other looted items you get from bots, you can find Crafter Bruce at ARC HQ as well, give one to him and he will give you tokens as well.

Once you are done at ARC HQ you can go to the ARC Training Area and talk to Reg Officer Kevin, he's located behind the catapult looking thing and he will want 5 Green Crystals which he will give you 2 tokens for. You can get these by mining for them or trade or AH.

After the Training Area you can goto Crags Point West and look for Supply Officer Wilco. He will want 3 Blue Crystals and will give you 1 token for them. You can find these in your daily mining mission or trade or buy them.

After Craggy goto Camp Epsilon and then head about 500 meters West, and you will find a little outpost there, look for Reg officer Kevin. (not related to the other Kevin) and he will want 5 Kaisenite Ingots and will give you 6 tokens for them. The Kaisenite you can get from your mining daily or buy or trade for it.

From here you can goto the Southern Base and there is another Miner 49er bot, which wants 5 Zorn Star Ore and rewards 1 Token. Again, you can Mine, Trade or Buy the ore.

If you have been reading some of my earlier posts, you may have noticed that a lot of these areas seem familiar.
    That is because they are.
    These are the SAME areas you are going to do many of your daily hunting missions as well.
    What I find is a good way to do this is, before you start, put all the materials you need to turn in to people into your carried inventory, all your little piles of ores, ingots, metals etc etc.

Teleport to first area, do turn in missions, get tokens, do fight missions, get tokens,
    Teleport to next area, do turn in missions, get tokens, do fight missions, get tokens, repeat until done.

By doing this you can easily get 20 to 40 tokens a day.

There are a few more daily's one can do but these are the easier ones and should keep you pretty busy.

Hope this helps and have fun.

Sluggo

Oh PS, Killing the Drill Bots is another way to get Ore and Enmat as well.