1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

FIXED Merefolken Initative - Rank 2 Broken

Discussion in 'Technical - Suggestions and Bug Reports' started by Agis, May 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agis
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Agis Well-Known Member
    Inspired

I completed the 3000 merefolken rank 1 mission, but does not unlock a further mission afterwards..

Please investigate.

Agis

2. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

just like how the old 5k arc challenges didnt have the 9k right away. only stage 1 is up for all of the missions

3. Thanatos
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Thanatos Fate Thanatos Themis
    Bored

Home Page:
    Society:
    Task Force
    its just not unlocked yet, so u can back later those beloved mobs :p

non likes this.
  4. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    Hey Agis, the Rank 2 missions are not currently unlocked, I will post when enough Rank 1 Missions have been completed and Rank 2 is unlocked =)

5. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

if i do all of them will that add once to the total or be counted each for instances of a mission rank being cleared?

guess am i asking if it is total people doing the missions or just number of rank completions.

if this is something you could share perhaps we can get the community behind making a push for it?

6. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Cool

Home Page:
    Hey non!

Good question! The way we've been counting these is 1 to 1. What I mean by that is if you complete every Coordinator mission at Craggs Point West (and there are 6 all together) then you'll have add 6 points towards unlocking Rank 2.

To answer your question outright it is number of Rank 1 Missions completed.

We want to make missions each VU, and we want to make missions that players actually complete. We'll be trying to introduce new types of missions along with missions that players complete.

So I guess the best way to get more stuff that you like as a player is to do that stuff =)

Thanatos and non like this.
  7. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

well thats awesome. thanks for sharing this.

15k for the noob challenge is alot of mobs...
    3000k for a rank 1 is a big number also compared to other places.

but the reward for the scoutbot mission was pretty good. so...

perhaps the issue is that no one is writing down the skill reward #s tt wise in a thread for everyone to track?

my be some industrious person could construct a thread that would track and update the rewards for the various missions?

Kris | Cyrene likes this.
  8. TunerS
    • Cyrene Pioneer

TunerS Travelling through time...
    Curious

Society:
    Brainstormers
    I could but it doesn't look like there is anyone interested in sharing something. Look at Cyrene map thread for example.

9. Agis
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Agis Well-Known Member
    Inspired

well onto more rank 1 missions then, very clever way of making the further missions unlockable with many rank 1 challenges to do, just waiting for the Sea Wraith to get a proper spawn for the posideon mission. Tuner S with my skills , any skill reward doesnt do much and extremely hard to track with high skills you need a unskilled player to reveal how much impact skill rewards do.. I just do the ranked challenges to possibly get the chance to unlock future goodies, im sure all the skill rewards are balanced by the last rank. I took the dexterity skill for my reward for the merefolken initative, but have no clue the value sorry..

Also i gave out more than enough information (hasnt changed much from when i wrote that guide) in my guide, the rest is up to the players to figure out for themselves, but my guide is a good enough kickstart for a new visitor or player.

10. non
    • Cyrene Pioneer

non Well-Known Member
    Confused

i am waiting on the spawn maturity rebalance to start adding locations of mobs.

Kris | Cyrene likes this.
  11. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

Hi Kris - seriously one of the best little bits of information I've read about your plans, BUT it does lead me to question the theory behind it. It seems to me to be more of a slow strangling than an opening up, if people who wish to do further missions cannot due to low completions of the lower missions. You may lose these supporters one by one as well.
    For the time being this may also be my last post here - I dunno. I really have tried to give Cyrene a chance and support the positives (such as your good post here), but for now I am following other activities. It's been a year now, after all......

12. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Cool

Home Page:
    Hey jetsina,

I think this is an excellent point! We are not trying to "gate" the content, however, if people don't like to do certain content then it doesn't seem logical to make more of that content right? We do not wish to lose any supporters, perhaps we need to adjust the rate that dynamic changes happen. We're always trying to improve. Thank you for all your constructive criticism =)
    I think that you play any game, you need to have fun/engagement/reason. If you're not having any of those things, then the developers need to look at what they can do to incorporate that factor back into it.

I hope that one day you'll want to return to Planet Cyrene, but if you're not having fun we'll just have to work even harder!

13. Sub-Zero
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Sub-Zero Active Member

For my 2nd visit of cyrene - I stayed two days and I couldn't bare to stay any longer. Too many bugs that has been since day one of cyrene like for example invisible swamplurkers, constant pop ups of mission messages. The loot system is messed up (no balancing) some items are too common others are too rare. An example is swamplurker's oil and hides in 200 ped hunt i got 1.5 ped TT swamplurker hide and 1.2 ped swamplurker oil. No actual MU loot from mobs gives people another incentive not to hunt them. It seems certain stackables have too low TT value per unit and others have too high TT value compared to their drop rate. There's simply not enough players (because of no hard launch, most gave up on waiting). So no economy. This takes out the fun factor. I might be back one day to cyrene when the hard launch arrives in 2015 the way it's going it seems like it.. forgive me if I'm exaggerating. But that's how it feels like to me.

What i do still like since day one about cyrene is its beauty, everything looks nice. But graphics is not all that matters. Unfortunately yes I know some of these bugs cannot be fixed by you guys but by MA only.

14. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Cool

Home Page:
    Hey Sub-Zero,
    You're exactly right that there are some bugs that we can not fix, the two that you mentioned are prefect examples of this, however, we are working with MindArk to fix the issues with the Swamplurker's invisiblilty and the mission spam issue (the work around for the mission spam is to abandon the mission and pick it up again).

We are also working closely with MindArk to refine and improve Cyrene's dropped/discovered items as well as usefulness for said items. We've been working to improve Cyrene every VU, and I think after this last year we've improved quite a bit =)

That being said, I hope that one day you'll return to Cyrene, and thanks for the feedback!

Cheers,
    Kris

Sub-Zero likes this.
  15. Thanatos
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Bored

Home Page:
    Society:
    Task Force
    Damn i got to be different... or u guys are just to lazy?
    - no economy? its not an artificial thing made by developers! wanna sell something, find a buyer! Look around, see who is crafting, get some connections here.
    - 3 ped high mu stuff on 200ped run? Ugh..its terrible, i think its better to hunt mobs that dont have mu in loot at all, ur right!
    - mission prompt spam? This issue was pointed and sloved at least few times here on forums, use search. I even forgot this bug exists anymore lol.
    - invis lurkers? just sellect them, kill, and loot using "action" from the book (press Y, pick and bind the loot action)

Actually im happy some ppl dont have enough will to play here, it makes MU on loot for other ppl, thx. :headbang:

TunerS, WangXiang, Agis and 1 other person like this.
  16. TunerS
    • Cyrene Pioneer

TunerS Travelling through time...
    Curious

Society:
    Brainstormers
    Agree. I don't have any problems buying or selling everything i need. Just need to build connections. Also i have never had a problem with that mission bug. Maybe because i completed all bugged ones even before that bug? o_O

non likes this.
  17. kjellings
    • Cyrene Pioneer

kjellings Active Member
    Sunshine

Society:
    Cyreans ELITE
    I cant agree more with the last two posts :) i see ppl come and go and watch the best noobs grow. What a wonderful world ;)

non likes this.
  18. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

Hey Kris,
    A: this is one of the best exchanges I've seen on this forum, but it is likely to become 'lost' from sight quickly as it started as a bug post. I suggest saving good threads or parts of them in a 'best of' section.
    B: the three supportive posts above this one seem to support the hypothesis "If other players were more like us, they'd succeed too - it's the players not the planet that's at fault".
    Quotes = "Damn i got to be different... or u guys are just to lazy?" and "i see ppl come and go and watch the best noobs grow." However, even NI permitted success for some melee crafters (maybe still does) while the rest failed. The set-up needs to make a large number of people feel that they can give Cyrene a go for a decent length of time.

The slow start has meant that momentum has never really built up, and even IF the motor were now technically sound, there is not enough fuel going in to result in more than the engine spluttering. I still say that the output from the motor needs to be crafting results - it is the driving force of the mu that newbs need to see too to a certain extent. You have added a new line with the token system, which is similar to an mu system but without crafting. Instead, good npc offers are required to keep that motor running. However, I still have no idea what kind of value the tokens are even theoretically supposed to balance out at....
    Yes, I have crafted a few vehicles, and yes, they sold at a profit on Caly. My ability to succeed at something is not the point, though. This is why I disagree with the players above. PLUS, the level of expected success depends on each player's level in the game. I know it is a contradiction in terms to have a 'mass niche', so I do like your attempts to put semi-valuable (mu) loot in low mobs too. AND low-level weaps are now dropping from the ultimate noob mission mobs.
    However, making personal connections (suggested above) is simply not what many people achieve quickly. Any black market that exists (non-auction or sign-posted market) is by nature not a very visible one. IF Cyrene has a good number of finished crafting chains and drops of mats after the next vu, then you need to advertise that AND take steps to get the chains moving. For all I care put a trader somewhere HIGHLY VISIBLE who will buy mats at a certain mu and sell them for 2 % more. At least that way you will quickly see if you get a balance between supply and demand. OR buy on the street and try and sell at auction - you'll soon see if your stacks are building up!!!

Lastly, if I craft, I generally want to sell crafted items that I think are worth being bought. This is not the same as whether or not other people may buy them for a while while they are new!
    If I see, for example, that the crafted shirts are (L), then I'm unhappy about the whole thing. The small decay for changing clothes is enough, in my opinion. I may not even care about looting dire weed flaxen with nice mu if the result further down the chain doesn't feel right. Still, it is at least a complete crafting chain - you need more of them!

(this post may even qualify to be a stand-alone post somewhere... who knows?)

non likes this.
  19. jetsina
    • Cyrene Pioneer

jetsina Active Member

you seen the above yet Kris? By the way, I bought some yellow crystals from auction a year ago in the hope I'd use them crafting. But not having used them they stayed in my auction retrieval. Now they have beamed across the universe into my inventory automatically after one year. On the one hand - safe transport of goods across space if you wait a year and know when stuff is coming ;). On the other - it reminds me how long we've been waiting....!

20. Thanatos
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Bored

Home Page:
    Society:
    Task Force

Could u hold on with ur comments to see what will change in this upcomming VU plz?

I guess they cant change much atm, and bumping same problems over and over now, makes me sick when read that.
    If nothing changes, ill be probably the first one to complain here, believe me.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.