1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Mainstream ETA?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sluggo, Jan 17, 2015.

1. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    Hello there:

Is there any update on the timeline of when you guys are planning on going mainstream with Planet Cyrene?

Also, as we unlock new areas with our taskings on the planet, are those 'upgrades' going to happen fairly soon or is all of this waiting for the official launch?

Thank you
    sluggo

2. AxeMurderer
    • Cyrene Pioneer

AxeMurderer Active Member
    Coldturkey

Home Page:
  3. kjellings
    • Cyrene Pioneer

kjellings Active Member
    Sunshine

Society:
    Cyreans ELITE
  4. McCormick
    • Cyrene Pioneer

McCormick Member
    Veggedout

The plains are at 80%+ of its dynamic map "change". Im sure we might read about the "effects" here one day...

cka mindark.jpg

cka mindark2.jpg

ed.jpg

The room with its majestic sign...Creative Kingdom Animation...Digital Scryers...Ed and his models...the story files, it all felt so powerfull...so uber-mighty. It was literally screaming for true diversity. And it ended up as another Entropia with different 3D models to hunt, some NPCs and so called missions and 90% beeing the same ores to mine as everywhere else.

On may 2015 Cyrene will be with us since 3 years and I somehow cant believe only MA is blocking creativity and "systems". Then again thats probably the case. Oh and I do know creating a planet (with MA in the background) can take time and tiiiime and oOooooOoooOOoooo...

shatter.jpg

Hard Launch ? Cyrene forum feels dead silent already...whyever each planet needed its own forum in the 1st place.
    Scattering the allready very small Entropia playerbase through the universe...

But hey, if noone cares, noone shares.

So, by reading this by Kris :

http://cyreneforum.com/threads/planet-cyrene-hard-launch-status.6699/

Did I miss something ?
    Ed Robles 3 was last seen: Feb 23, 2014 (?) :'(

Highest Regards,
    Mc

5. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    It seems to me that they are saying that Mech stuff is their main focus right now, and that is the main thing they are going to be pushing when they start running their 'hard launch' commercials. Also seems that they have been told the absolute earliest they might see Mech stuff is Q1, meaning if by some miracle MA actually did keep a promise, it'd probably be another quarter for them to fiddle with it, debug it and then start running their commercials and go mainstream.

Meaning we probably wont see a 'Live' cyrene for another year. sigh... backed up by the fact that all we are being told is, we will tell you when we might go live. Although little things like shops may help the already floundering economy of the Puny Cyrene, again, we won't see them until the main launch, and since Mech's are their main focus, another year for them sigh ... eyeroll...

kind of depressing

sluggo

6. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

harmony Well-Known Member
    Busy

Yes, but then again you've been out of touch with this universe for five years now, so don't let it bother you.

Spawn and Sub-Zero like this.
  7. Thanatos
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Thanatos Fate Thanatos Themis
    Bored

Home Page:
    Society:
    Task Force
    a slap :monkey_slap:hehe ;)

8. David Grayvey Gray
    • Cyrene Pioneer

David Grayvey Gray Member

Whilst wonder when hard launch will happen is a valid question, it's been answered a number of times and the answers isn't going to change. I'd much rather have a better planet and therefore better game, which new players are gonig to want to stay, which being a co-owner of the cyrene stables would prefer to have more players sooner rather then later.

In terms of the planet activity, there as been a reasonably steady increase in the content and implemented systems, this has seen an increase in player numbers. This dev process has been similar in time scale of other games in early access of steam, which I've been following. The latest news I've had from one is that they're 'release' date has just been pushed back, much like a lot of other games. On the plus side Kris, on behalf of cyrene's dev team, has been very helpful in terms of answering our questions and also asking for our input in to making the planet better. I think we'll have a much better planet a a result, there's no need to rush.

9. McCormick
    • Cyrene Pioneer

McCormick Member
    Veggedout

I dont want to sound all negative but..."no need to rush" sounds a little bit of the spot, seeing the server dimensions shrinking like RT, after 3 years.

I like(d) the design and storyline of cyrene a lot(!), but the nicest buidlings and stories wont help, if you cant "feel em"...if they offer no real interaction. Like Calypso does since 10+ years. Then CryEngine removed like 80% of the alienated, immersive landscape feeling, adding palm-trees and beaches, volcanos, a desert and a ice world, with mainly earth like vegetation, that can be found on almost every single planet. =(

Where is the real diversity ? Why does Calypso try to be everything at once ? Why isnt there a complete ice-planet, that requires special equipment for example ? An ice planet were you will never be able to find Lysterium ! xP

Dont try to tell me MA is doing their best in cooperating with their PPs.
    It is still their universe, Im aware of that.
    So in the end its all about hunting, mining and crafting only.
    And maybe minimal exploring.
    And the best 3d chat ever. ;)

10. David Grayvey Gray
    • Cyrene Pioneer

David Grayvey Gray Member

From my understanding, the server shrinking is only temporary. I'll be open up, cannot remember if it was along similar lines to the dynamic map upgrades, player actions will help unlock the planet.

I'm not sure what you mean by "feel em", i'd have thought most people play this game is because they either want to find out the story's on the planet, or more likely, that they want to create there own, through eith hunting, mining, crafting or offer a service.

I do see you point with the difference in the planets, would be nice to see diversity. That's one of the reasons why i started on Cyrene, story line seemed better, the mech and player deciding dynamic content.

11. McCormick
    • Cyrene Pioneer

McCormick Member
    Veggedout

I felt Calypso back then. Now it feels a bit dull. Diversity is for sure missingĀ³.

Feeling = not just everyone doing hunting, mining, crafting, trading on its own
    Feeling = not just clicking an NPC, doing repetitive missions (kill that, collect this)
    Feeling = not just empty buildings with no interaction
    Feeling = not feeling like running around in a halfhearted CryEngine sandbox
    Feeling = MMORPG (roleplaying completely died inside of Entropia around 2009)
    Feeling = love of detail
    Feeling = diversity ^^

David Grayvey Gray likes this.
  12. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    Problem is, I can't see MA ever letting anything be better than their red headed step child Caly. If something does somehow evolve to be better, they will rape it quickly, leave it sticky, sore, and abused to remind them who really owns the place.

Speaking of rape... has MA ever said anything to or compensated the Cyrene folks about screwing up the Christmas event and not getting the stuff out on time / at all?

sluggo