1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Is Cyrene becoming dead? or alive?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John Galt, Mar 6, 2017.

1. John Galt
    • Cyrene Pioneer

John Galt Member
    Curious

Society:
    NBK Army
    I was aproaching the topic from a crafter's point of view.
    Arkadia or Calypso's crafters have a locally sourced blueprint option range on pretty much any production sector. Cyrene doesn't. Cyrene has one plating with one rank. It doesn't pop higher tier versions with higher protection or anything like what happens on other planet's production line.

2. krasko
    • Cyrene Pioneer

krasko Well-Known Member
    Blah

Society:
    North Cyreans
    If you just get rid of that constant caly ark comparison...
    I know a lot of Cyrene rejects that use 70-80% Cyrene gear out of their current inventory.
    You came here to gain some gear at 1st place aren't you?

Skubahta likes this.
  3. Skubahta
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Skubahta Member
    Amused

Im glad your opinion changed. :) Like I posted earlier you had not been on the planet for long enough but now it seems you are on your way. And YES hitboxes on tideclaws do need a bit of work on them (hint to Kris haha :nana:) Are you working on your Ultimate Noob mission too? IMO that has to be a priority if you plan on actually staying on Cyrene for long. As for Bps you came to Cyrene to get a tool and a weapon right? How about some research on what Cyrene tools and weapons you can craft to start with? ;)

4. Skubahta
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Skubahta Member
    Amused

But still moan and bitch on how crap Cyrene is. :rofl:

Erza and krasko like this.
  5. John Galt
    • Cyrene Pioneer

John Galt Member
    Curious

Society:
    NBK Army
    I am at 1.500 give or take. Focusing my playtime on badges and tokens at the minute. But will try to add some kills to the count.

Armor: A.R.C. Special Ops is quite interesting. I guess that is the 750 set.
    Attachements: Ozpyn Cold armor Plate doesn't seem to have market or higher tier, so why bother?
    Tools: at less than 4 health per pec, the crafted medikits don't seem to be worth bothering with, and the refiner is just a minor convenience.
    Vehicles, textures and clothing don't really interest me as a long term commitment.
    Weapons: Dire S2 is interesting. The DPS is 50% over a comparable level laser weapon, which compensates the 2.87 eco being 3% under to a typical 2.95 amped laser. Will give this one a go if/when I get the BP.

Overall, the options feel very limited when comparing to Calypso/Arkadia, a comparison there is no way to avoid.

6. John Galt
    • Cyrene Pioneer

John Galt Member
    Curious

Society:
    NBK Army
    I went on a 200 PED mining run carpet-bombing 4 areas with a finder depth range of about 150-550 and it would have been really tragic if I had not HOFed for 125 PED on one of my last 5 drops.
    Found some Wiles, Ignisium, Sothorite, Olerin and Nosifer which is used on an handful of Blueprints. That is fine. Some of those BPs are quite interesting like the X2 finder.
    What is not so good is Cyrenium which has no current use as far as I was able to find. Maybe it is used on some BP that no one got yet, because hardly anyone crafts Cyrene BPs anymore. Or maybe it is used to upgrade some items. But having a very rare ore with no value at all is a big waste.
    I am sorry for stating the obvious but mining (just as crafting or hunting) is only worthy if we can sell the loot with MU. for TT value, there will always be a loss by design, except for small sample statistical outliers. I think I will consider following and passing on the advise I was given the day I landed: Mine up to 50 PEC a day just to get the yellow, green, blue and Zorn and leave it alone otherwise.

If the devs have no use for the ores they burried on Cyrene, why not swap native from other planets that people actually may use elsewhere but TT?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    Hec likes this.
  7. Hec
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Hec Active Member
    Fine

Ozpyn Cold armor Plate isn't too useful since it only protects against a small amount of damage.
    A series of plates for Cyrene cold mobs would be nice, but think it'd now need cut + cold for merfolk?
    Anyways also would be nice to see a few limited Blueprints for UL Ozpyn Cold armor Plates.

Afaik there's a texture for Cyrenium, but never seen that BP for sale so dunno if it exists or even works??
    Using for only textures is a very small niche market. Too bad the Hub doesn't re-equip all cloths/rings/etc. a player had on before entering to avoid equip decay-fee, like the Battle Simulator?
    Besides blueprints maybe a daily or iron mission for Cyrenium especially if quicker to add to game??

Erza likes this.
  8. San
    • Cyrene Pioneer

San Sandal San Tolk

Home Page:
    Society:
    OldTimers
    I find it quite useful because of that, just right to augment e.g. Adj. Pixie against Feffoid without tieing down much money. Or use on Cyrene basic sets against Merfolken, I think this must be the original intent. If you need a stronger cold plate, both Arkadia and Calypso have it and I don't know if it would make sense to add another copy. Imo equivalents of Ozpyn Cold Plate for acid and electric would be more useful. Cheap little boosters for special applications.

This has been raised many times. That the battle simulator enables it now either gives reason to hope we can get it fixed at last, or to ask why them and not we...

Erza likes this.
  9. Erza
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Erza Member
    Lurking

Interplanetary Explorer
    Society:
    Free To Lancer
    Merfolk mainly cold as far i see when hunting them, i use the Korona with 5D(i think it's 5D plates) and that gives me 22 Hp on Cold and the damage from the L8 are 1, 1, 1, 1.lol
    I know i'm overprotected but that's how i like to hunt, when i hunt i want to hunt and not fap myself(that sounds so wrong :D)
    When i want to encrease my healing skills i look for a specific low level mob/bot and just stand there getting hit by 5 or more for some hours for maybe a few days and bingo - done :D

And Cyrene could use a good UL plate for Cold, Acid and Electric and if possible all 3 in 1 :thumbup:
    Those Ozpyn Cold armor Plates, never seen them before so i'll check them out lateron on Entropedia ot in game :headbang:

10. Erza
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Erza Member
    Lurking

Interplanetary Explorer
    Society:
    Free To Lancer
    "Imo equivalents of Ozpyn Cold Plate for acid and electric would be more useful" :thumbup::wise: