1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Wish List Improvements to A.R.C Faction dailies

Discussion in 'Technical - Suggestions and Bug Reports' started by Sub-Zero, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Sub-Zero
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Sub-Zero Active Member

Currently only 3 dailies are doable.

1. Old Paneleon.
    2. Mutated Dire Weed.
    3. Devastator Sea Wraith.

The remaining two only spawns after certain amount of killed creatures which makes it far too expensive for a daily unless it gives more than one badge.

I suggest you guys make new dailies for the next PP Vu.

1. Remove old paneleon - add Weak paneleon - Kill 58 reward 1 badge. (This is the cost of killing 6 old paneleon) but you can make it lower if you guys want - The point is to allow a mission for newbies to do.

2. Same as now.

3. Kill 12 mutant Jellyworm - reward 1 badge.

4. Replace Devastator Sea Wraith with Mature Tide Claw same amount of kills/reward.

5. Replace Hunter Zyn'Dos with Watcher Zyn'dos - Kill 7 - reward 1 badge.

6. Replace Merfolken Raider with Merfolken Gatherer - Kill 10 - reward 1 badge.

7. Bonus mission - low chance to get it. Kill 100 crystal pede - reward 5 badges.

Any other suggestions are of course welcome and the numbers/mobs are not set in stone.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  2. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    Hey Sub-Zero,

There are definitely going to be some tweaks and streamlining coming to these missions in the next VU, while not exactly as you have outlined here.

Cheers,
    Kris

Sub-Zero likes this.
  3. Paul Jetman Masters
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Paul Jetman Masters Well-Known Member
    Spaced

I myself would leave the 3 dailes as they are but increase the spawn rate/area of the old paneleons as it gets crowded easily and add another sea wraith spawn or increase the Devastator Spawn on the ice isles.

The Zyn'Dos, i'd recommend an higher lvl, Maybe the strong or Devastator, and Merfolken Spearmen, the gatherers are nothing in comparason. But i'd be happier if the Hunters/Raiders had a dedicated spawn.

too many dailies would make the 200 badges too easy to obtain, its meant to be a challenge and considering 6 rhino beetles is only 4 tokens.....

4. Haruto Rat
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Haruto Rat eep!
    Cynical

As the armor everyone's after is a typical "miner armor" (low tt, all-around protection), it would totally make sense for some badges to be available through mining. ;)
    There is no shortage of mining iron challenges in the known universe but to my knowledge the are no "trophy cabinet" type missions. Hence my suggestion:

Find at least one claim of each of these 10 minerals:
    • Zorn Star Ore
    • Kaisenite Stone
    • Iridium Ore
    • Olerin Stone
    • Nosifer Stone
    • Yellow Crystal
    • Blue Crystal
    • Green Crystal
    • Orange Crystal
    • Purple Crystal
    Reward: 2 badges (or maybe more, this takes a few hours to complete because of flying all over the planet :))

5. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    A few hours? Not if you know where to fly Rat ::wink::

6. Haruto Rat
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Haruto Rat eep!
    Cynical

I do, but not everyone does. With good knowledge of areas one can probably turn around in 30...40 minutes, which is still more than amount of time needed to finish a hunting daily.

Bringing time into discussion was my mistake anyway, as mission rewards are typically set according to PED cycled, not time spent. Completing the above list would on average require one to cycle 25...30 PED with a non-rookie finder. which is again about twice as much as needed to kill 12 mutated.

7. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    I was pulling your leg a bit rat. To be honest, it' still good to know where the 'other' spots are as well for your minerals. What happens when your sweet spot was just visited ten minutes prior by me? You find nothing, now need to look elsewhere or wait hours. As you said get to know where everything is hiding at, this way when one area seems dry, you go elsewhere to get what you need.

sluggo

8. krasko
    • Cyrene Pioneer

krasko Well-Known Member
    Blah

Society:
    North Cyreans
    No No No!
    ARC Faction has to be even harder!
    Reducing its severity will be disrespectful to all the players busted and currently busting their a**es to get to the ARC vendor.
    How cool this armor would be if every noob can wear it?

So Cyrene team please make those missions even harder :)

9. Sub-Zero
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Sub-Zero Active Member

I have 164 badges atm. So to me it wouldn't matter if they made it harder or easier. But it aint fair atm since no mission for true noobs.

10. David Grayvey Gray
    • Cyrene Pioneer

David Grayvey Gray Member

would it make sense to have something similar, but that is for noob level? maybe limit it to disciples?

11. Paul Jetman Masters
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Spaced

I don't think the terminals would tell the difference between disciples or not, maybe a arc faction rookie level could be made, more basic armor but missions involving jelly worms and pedes

12. sluggo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sluggo Active Member
    Drunk

Society:
    None
    Or keep the missions where they currently are, but add new stuff, some harder, some easier or whatever. Give the noobs something easier, and the merchant opens up at say 100 badges instead of 200 and offers some lesser stuff than what will be available at 200. This way those who busted their asses don't get it shoved up their ass. ... on a tangent, this is the one thing that really angered me with Everquest, you would bust your ass for some uber armor or something, only to find it basically being given out or way obsoleted next VU, now everyone can get it for a song. Given this is a real cash game, doing that would SEVERELY upset folks since it's money involved now. Add new stuff but don't mess with old stuff, especially since many folks have invested significant time AND money into obtaining it.

sluggo

13. harmony
    • Cyrene Pioneer

harmony Well-Known Member
    Busy

I would suggest a daily a.r.c. mission for purslane weeds. This would keep the spawn down at pict's pollen mission.

Gisela Dawes likes this.
  14. Neo Jr XL
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Neo Jr XL Member

I would say if don't want / can't make armor tradable, make it at least tt(able) like ark did after few VUs. Not a big deal giving TT value of the set, but the whole notion of complete souldbound item in RCE may put lot of ppl away..

15. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    Hey guys,

I just wanted to chime in on a couple of points here:

Right now there isn't really any sort of "n00b" content A.R.C. Faction and this is something we'd like to address with the next PP VU. All player skill levels should be able to embark on this mission series in some capacity (of course if you are more skilled you'll have more options than players who are just starting out).

I would like to put a strong emphasis on the fact that these current missions are only for A.R.C. Rank 1 (in the next VU we'll be introducing A.R.C. Rank 2 missions and rewards. So there will be much more for people to do at different skill levels, but gated to players who have achieved Rank 1 (200+ A.R.C. Faction Badges).

I hope this clears up some of the faction improvments we're working towards for the next PP VU.

Cheers,
    Kris

16. Haruto Rat
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Haruto Rat eep!
    Cynical

On a second thought, you probably shouldn't spend all the good ideas on A.R.C. faction, as that would make Turrelion and Imperium extremely sad... ;)

17. OZtwo
    • Cyrene Pioneer

OZtwo Active Member
    Buzzed

Society:
    Vikings Of Entropia
    Watch it here. Since you stated (in a sort of way that many are kind of creating themselves here on the forum) that the new server was to be added as a temp server for the starting area so that the factions can open up the other three servers again..then that would mean :eek: that this new server area is the noob faction area.. :)

18. Paul Jetman Masters
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Spaced

if possible the turrelion should involve mining and treasure hunting. They look like the kind of race that would enjoy some digging

19. Rusty Venture
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Rusty Venture Back on Cyrene
    Veggedout

Any response on an NPC that will purchase our armor from us? That is how Arkadia got around the non ttable armor.

20. krasko
    • Cyrene Pioneer

krasko Well-Known Member
    Blah

Society:
    North Cyreans
    Turrelions are a race of warriors. They only dig holes for Duster graves :bandit: