1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

I suspect someone for using an autoklicker in the pk hub, which lets them fight in god mode

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Sandra Sandy Heyder, May 3, 2012.

1. Sandra Sandy Heyder
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Sandra Sandy Heyder New Member

hi cyrene staff. my concern is serious - even if i cannot prove if its true or not. But since im concerned about it, i thought to my self: why not post it in the first place.

1. What is an autoklicker?

An autoklicker is an external program that simulates repeated mouse klicks - at a speed which is faster than any human being could possibly klick on a mouse.

2. Did people already use autoklickers in Entropia Universe to their advantage?

Yes: For the Landgrab Battles on Planet Calypso. Theres a society - which name i wont mention - who´s members are using the autoklicker program to make sure they gain control over the Land Marker in the beginning of a LG-fight.

I know this from an internal source within that society.

(PROCLAIMER: THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT SOC DRAMA! But in order for the cyrene staff to be able to fully understand my concern, i have no other choice but explain where autoklickers are already being used in EU)

3. What have autoklickers to do with the pk hub?

There i must explain how people fight in pvp, which is legal though:

a) in the options menue, they uncheck the "move to target when interacting" field
    b) in the options menue, they uncheck the "qeue use tool action when reloading" field
    c) when they are fighting, they shoot with the right mouse button
    d) they fight in first person view (ofc)
    e) that makes sure the weapon ONLY fires, when you have your cursor hovered over your opponent. that also makes sure you dont waste any shots.
    f) and now all they need to do is spamming the right mouse button in combat
    g) that still involves player skill though. you still need to be good at aiming to fire a shot at your opponent.

4. why would autoklickers turn someone who would use it, into god mode?

Its simple. To fire a shot, you must

a) have your cursor over your opponent
    b) at the VERY same moment, you must right klick

So, the MORE often you can right-klick, the HIGHER your chances to hit your opponent.

5. Why would auto klickers destroy the pk hub in the end, and then probably destroy the concept of the whole planet cyrene?

Because each fight costs real money. And who wants to fight against someone in god mode.

If people would use autoklickers in the pk hub, the rest of the player population would get frustrated really quick, leave and never come back.

6. What can be made to make it a fair gaming experience?

IF someone is using an autoklicker, track them down. Confisciate all their items in the game, and ban their account for lifetime.

And then send a fax to the local police, have them investigate for fraud.

Have a good day.

Sincerely, Sandy

Max EJ likes this.
  2. Max EJ
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Max EJ New Member
    Tired

Society:
    BlackAngels
    I agree that the use of auto-cliclkers can ruin the HUB completely.
    I have no idea if someone actaully uses it in game, or used it before.

3. Lykke TheNun
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Lykke TheNun Well-Known Member
    Roflmao

Thank you for reporting this, Sandy - we will investigate this further.

Thanatos likes this.
  4. Sub-Zero
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Sub-Zero Active Member

Without proof, it's like looking for a needle in a hay stack. Anyone can press really fast the right mouse button. If they want to.
    However a simple fix for this issue is to remove the option of using this auto target feature in the hub, meaning you can only use the manual mode with left mouse key. And remove the option of dragging the status bar of an opponent. Since you can then know exactly where that person is, and that in other PvP games is considered a hack (wall hack).
    I also think that to prevent mass camping of "team players" in 25 pec arena there were several players who were teaming up together and camping one spot, waiting for ppl to run there. They killed many people including me within a second. Maybe make an auto system that detects if the player has been on the same place for a X period of time without moving far than X meters of the original location. Then he would be slayed (killed) or get damaged X seconds until he moves far enough away from his original camp spot.

And for god sake please fix the ARMOR PLATINGS bug. Male avatars are abusing it like mad (female avatars can't use it), and are getting tons of PVP tokens, in which return gives them a big advantage over other players who don't abuse this bug. Even after you guys have fixed the bug. They will still have a big advantage over other players, since they will have better weapons now. I hope that they will be punished for abusing this bug..

Max EJ likes this.
  5. Lykke TheNun
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Lykke TheNun Well-Known Member
    Roflmao

Thank you for your input about the Hub and suggestions for improvements.

We are aware of the Armour Plating issue and it will be dealt with at the next mini patch which will happen next week.

6. Sub-Zero
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Sub-Zero Active Member

That's great. But by then people will already have tons of pvp tokens since they abused it. Maybe disable the hub until the patch? That way it will be fair for most ppl. When it do get fixed. Btw new suggestion by me here: Please show Ed it. I missed him on the hub just now... :(
    http://cyreneforum.com/threads/improvements-expansion-for-the-hub.483/

7. Xen
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Xen Member
    Busy

Society:
    cK
    Unfortunately some keyboards have this feature so you can't even combat it by software scanning.

The best solution is to disable right click in designated pvp zones (not normal pvp zones like regular Amethera). Getting rid of health bars and team targeting would be nice too.

8. Yquem
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Yquem Vintage Yquem Port
    Amused

Society:
    Proud member and General of Dawn Daemons
    or - give all the same feature. Each time somebody finds a new hack - just implement it so all can use it....

Minxy likes this.
  9. Sandra Sandy Heyder
    • Cyrene Pioneer

cant they track how often the trigger that fires the weapon is being activated? someone told me that activating the trigger is like sending a ping to the server or so. if so, they could log that, no?

10. Max EJ
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Max EJ New Member
    Tired

Society:
    BlackAngels

Good idea, will be nice to see the right click removed at the HuB and the ability to drag Health bars.

11. Svarog
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Svarog A pixel guy
    Psychedelic

I don't need an autoclicker to press mouse button many times per sec and when hunting I always click it like mad, 5 times faster than it's needed for the gun's firerate, just because of the tension :). So it's really hard to tell if people use a autoclicker or not.

offtopic: after 6 years in game this thread opened my eyes to the right-button technique (had had to experiment though to understand it), it's a whole new experience while hunting compared to "3rd person mode + clicking healthbar + looting mobs manually" :D

12. psychnosiz
    • Cyrene Pioneer

psychnosiz New Member
    Psychedelic

Society:
    Digital Resistance
    In hub games it's pretty clear who uses it.

13. Sandra Sandy Heyder
    • Cyrene Pioneer

update: its becoming more and more obvious, more and more players are using the autoclicker. The Avatars "bob" from suicide squad and "Graf" from cccp for example were easy targets just yesterday, and all of a sudden they turn into UNBEATEABLE killer machines.

i reported both of them ingame.

Rough time stamp when they were playing as unbeateable killer machines: 2012-05-04 17:00:00 MA time to 2012-05-04 19:45 MA time

It´s sad, but i have to say good bye to the pk hub, and to cyrene. I dont know if i will return.

Please, can you make an official statement about using autoclickers, what the punnishment will be, if someone is using them.

Believe me: The pk hub will die faster then you all can say good bye, because of the cheaters. and they are making their money from honest players o.0

14. Sandra Sandy Heyder
    • Cyrene Pioneer

The pk hub was a dream for me as long as it lasted. but as it is with so many good things in life: a minority of maybe 1% will ruin it for the majority.

/edit. oh, and just for your interest, two funny notes:

When i confronted Graf from CCCP for using an autoclicker and told him i would report him, he immediately left the 25 pec pk dome, then he stood in the lobby for a bit and then left the pk hub LOL.

And when i confronted another unbeateable person (her name starting with nelly something) on another day for using an autoclicker: a few hours later when i fought her again - o wonder - she was all of a sudden an easy target.

15. kenshin
    • Cyrene Pioneer

kenshin New Member

Society:
    Temporial Destinies
    ^wow dude, are you freaking kidding me? do you realize (EU <> RL)?

I mean really? Call the police because some1 is exploiting in a video game? Have you lost touch with the real world? When is the last time you have been outside?

wow.

16. Sandra Sandy Heyder
    • Cyrene Pioneer

first off im not a dude. 2nd: every match costs reall money, so EU is very well connected to the real life

17. kenshin
    • Cyrene Pioneer

kenshin New Member

Society:
    Temporial Destinies
    just sounds rediculous to me, lol.... gave a good laugh to me and co-workers =)

thank you for bringing me to tears with laughter =)

i can just imagine the call to the police

OP: 911, are you reporting life threatening emergency?
    Player: Well, they keep killing my avatar, its not a "real life" emergency but its pretty connected to real-life since its costing me a few dollars..... well its -90% decay so actually only cents.
    OP: excuse me?
    Player: Well, were pvping on planet cyrene in "the hub" and this guy is using armor plates and an autoclicker wich they said on forums was an exploit.
    OP: huh?
    Player: were being totally schooled here can you guys just arrest him?
    OP: wha?

18. Sandra Sandy Heyder
    • Cyrene Pioneer

im glad i made you happy. i hope though the cheaters will shed tears of sorry soon, and not tears of joy

19. Ido
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Ido New Member

I would expect the game client to filter out the unnecessary clicks before sending anything to the server (if your weapon is reloading and you right click or left click i would expect no data sent.. same for right click if you are not targeting anything... ) else you just send a lot of unnecessary data to the server.. its easier to filter out "client side" everything unnecessary

my 2 pec
    Ido

20. psychnosiz
    • Cyrene Pioneer

psychnosiz New Member
    Psychedelic

Society:
    Digital Resistance
    Agreed, fun's already over. :(